Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should be done to revive Armenia economically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should be done to revive Armenia economically

Vahram , just got your PM . From what you said it seems to me you have completely missed my point .
    All communities are made up of individuals . Standard govt crap addresses the community with projects that rarely help all the individuals effectively . Usually the the funds allocated to community are mismanaged and/ or stolen .
    By directly helping the individual , the community is more effectively helped . That's why the govt doesn't do it that way .
    Your points about bullets and windmills can be effectively addressed by individuals addressing individual projects ( goals ) .
    The corporate / govt style of throwing big money at issues only opens the door for the thieves and rarely ever accomplishes the intended goal satisfactory .
    Do not push the individual away in favor of corporate big money style .
    Identify the specific windmill needed , identify where bullets are needed and expose this with reasonable intelligent words that the individuals can address , as opposed to pursuing mega buck funds .
    As I've stated before --- the individual has more power than the money changers but does not have their act together like the money changers do .
    You are addressing a divided people's , and your manner of speech is both devisive and rude even though you have many excellent points .
    We are all representatives of our family . The way you express yourself is a reflection on Armenians .
    You are not making any sense to me , WHY ???
    To lump all those on the west coast with the minority ( all newcomers ) is absurd and does no good . Recognition of all the players is more appropriate than just recognizing the bad apples .
    As I pointed out --- the swelling of the west coast population was mostly done by east coasters .
    I'm being sincere , this other is of little value .
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      I have contacts with schools in Hayastan if you are serious about the telescopes Artashes. Vahram you need to remember that the turckish leverage is limited due to closed borders but the air routes i do believe go through "their" space. There are also Armenian communities in Turky to think about to. We can really do a lot even if each of us does a little to help our nation rise and grow.
      Haykakan , thank you for the positive response . Am definitely interested in your info .
      However , I've just now ( last two days ) shut down my biz and am packing and storing all my worldly possessions . Am searching for a private home to watch my friend ( cat ) .
      Where I'm going can only be reached by satellite phone or chopper . It's a man camp and work is all there will be .
      So ... Think I should wait . Will try to establish communication when I resurface .
      Thanks
      Artashes

Comment

The corporate / govt style of throwing big money at issues only opens the door for the thieves and rarely ever accomplishes the intended goal satisfactory .
        Do not push the individual away in favor of corporate big money style .
        I did not understand what you meant, I agree with your assesment however we should not overlook traditional ways of doing business. If we can figure out a better model then what exists in the world I'm all for it. But I think that we don't have the resources to go non traditional, meaning the corprate way is problably the best way to go forgworad with some projects as the structure is in place. So if we have a guy who knows how to run a fish farm will get much better resolts " economically " then to give it to some viliger who has no idea of how to run the buisness. Both ways can be tried I have no problem so long as we move forward.

I'm being sincere , this other is of little value .
        I would like to keep this thread on topic and positive. Let us take that up int he other thread. This thread should be clean, and only about ideas we have as a postive means of helping Armenia. I will answer you in the other post.

Comment

Guys talk about perfect timing, toorks are going to build a dam right on the Armenian border!

Now maybe the idea of digging a basen was not such a bad idea after all. These filthy bastards are making money off of the water we are just giving them without doing anything about it!

Comment

We need to move this to Armenia! This is the kind of things the diaspora can bring to Armenia. This is an Armenian invention, should be nice to build there.

Comment

I don't think we should focus on improving our economy with tourism. This will make our economy depend on it and if a war happens, that industry will crash within a heartbeat.
              There was a similar idea of Vahan's water reserve idea. Basically the idea was the build a water dam in one of the rivers in Northwestern Armenia. According to calculations, the dam would supply water to the complete upper half of Armenia.
              I was researching the list of banks of Armenia the other day and found out that a good 70% of the banks are foreign owned. You can see for yourself here. Click on each logo and read about the bank and its ownership.
              This website is for sale! armenianbanks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, armenianbanks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I also talked to someone in Armenia where they told me that the banks are killing the farmers and the country in general. I don't really have an idea yet, but this is a major problem that needs to be solved.

Comment

Haysip, well part of the problem is we have people who are so against Armenian Oligarch that they are happy to see the goods in odar hands. Of course the banks are choking our people, where are there banks in the world that are not choking the people. Lets hope the BRIC bank puts a dent into the abuse!

We should have built that dam, but we can get away with doing it cheaper with the basin idea, especially if the banks are there to exploit and not help the population. We have merely handed control of the country to odars!!

Comment

The revival of the Armenian economy needs a couple of things.
                  First it needs an economical, tax and legal reform. Armenia needs to become a nation where there is a rule of law and not a nation where the friends of the administration can do as they please.
                  Second it needs a competitiveness watch dog, an agency that will break up monopolies as soon as they arise. Armenia today has the same prices as in Western Europe when it comes to food.
                  Thirdly the government needs to start an initiative to invite businesses from the diaspora and foreign businesses into Armenia. This is not going to happen on a big scale as long as there are people as dodi Gago calling the shots.

Most of the ideas I have seen here are simplistic and are ignoring the elephant in the room. That is that the problems in Armenia has to do with the fundamentals and not so much as a shortage of ideas or investment. It is up to the government to fix the fundamentals, and the government has been unable or refuses to change something.

Comment

Garo jan,

We have so many threads dealing with this subject matter my hope was to change that by starting this thread, and come up with ideas we can use. You are merely polluting this thread with your anti government bias and you have plenty space in this forum to do that. If you find our ideas simplistic that's good, I hope you or someone can come up with a better concepts then what we have been able to do, as this will help Armenia.

Do you have any such ideas you can share?
                    Last edited by Vahram; 04-11-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X