Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Fateful meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fateful meeting?

Saakashvili is arriving in Yerevan for the first time this Friday. The transport tariffs (of goods coming to and leaving Armenia via Georgia) will be discussed, as well as other issues. If things kick off on the right foot, it may start a new era of Armeno-Georgian relations (which so far, have been lukewarm at best).

ArmenPress
    March 9 2004

GEORGIA'S PRESIDENT ARRIVES IN ARMENIA MARCH 12

YEREVAN, MARCH 9, ARMENPRESS: The president of Georgia, Mikhail Saakashvili, will pay an official two-day visit to Armenia on March 12 at the invitation of his Armenian counterpart Robert Kocharian. Kocharian's press office said the Georgian delegation is composed of foreign, energy, infrastructures and development ministers, members of the parliament, representatives of the Armenian-populated region of Javakheti and journalists.
    On March 13 the two presidents will have a private conversation
    after the official ceremony of welcoming, to be followed by
    Georgian-Armenian negotiations. The two presidents will also brief
    the journalists on the results of their talks.
    During the official visit Saakashvili will meet with Armenian
    parliament chairman, prime minister and representatives of the
    Georgian community in Armenia. He will be received by the head of the Armenian Church Catholicos Karekin II. The itinerary of the Georgian delegation includes also a visit to Genocide Memorial where he will lay a wreath in commemoration of the victims of the 1915 massacre of Armenians by Turkish authorities. He will then visit the nearby Genocide Museum and Institute, then the Matenadaran Institute of Old Manuscripts. Saakashvili will fly back the same day.

At least he is visiting tsisternakaberd. that gives me a lot of respect for the guy. he doesnt play to the turks so much that he will deny the genocide.

Comment

I think Armenia would take it as a slap in the face if a foreign diplomat chose not to visit Dzidzernagapert.

I am impatiently awaiting for the results of this meeting though.

Not only that, I also want to know what Saakashvili will do with Georgia.

There was an interesting poll conducted in Georgia. Notice how Armenia is viewed as more of a threat than Azerbaidjan....but less than Turkey. Those numbers are definitely not a sign of a good relationship.

ArmenPress
      March 9 2004

11 PERCENT OF GEORGIANS THINK ARMENIA A RELIABLE PARTNER

TBILISI, MARCH 9, ARMENPRESS: According to the findings of a
      survey, conducted in Georgia by the Gallup International, 66 percent of respondents think that the US is Georgia's most reliable partner, 49 percent think it is Russia, however, 65 percent view Russia as a potential threat.
      Twenty-two percent trust the EU, 19 percent Germany, 11 percent think Armenia is Georgia's reliable partner and 5 percent look at it as a threat. Seven percent of respondents consider Turkey as a reliable partner while 13 percent as a threat. Fifteen percent trust Azerbaijan and three percent view it as a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian At least he is visiting tsisternakaberd. that gives me a lot of respect for the guy. he doesnt play to the turks so much that he will deny the genocide.
        Well hes hardly gonna come and shout that he denies genocide...

Why would anyone trust this guy?
        Does he represent interests of Armenian people? does he fukk.

Georgia as a state is now a competitor against Armenia, and this will not change under capitalism, why would a competitor be nice to another competitor? You dont see athletes giving each other headstarts do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikoyan Well hes hardly gonna come and shout that he denies genocide...

Why would anyone trust this guy?
          Does he represent interests of Armenian people? does he fukk.

Georgia as a state is now a competitor against Armenia, and this will not change under capitalism, why would a competitor be nice to another competitor? You dont see athletes giving each other headstarts do you?
          So young, and already such a myopic view on the world, confining himself to Marxism.

Shame shame shame.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

well i have to agree with him that they are a competitor with Armenia.

georgians dont like us very much up there for some reason that i cant understand. maybe it is because they feel ashamed that they had to rip off our alphabet. xxxx that. A part of me wants georgia to succeed and another part of me wants them to stay mired in the xxxx that they are in now and be manhandled by russia.

but there are many rumors that this saakashvili character is Armenian.

Comment

Anon, if you think im wrong, explain why, if you cant, pleas refrain from spewing your wit over us.

Tigran, its not that the georgians dont like us, rather the Georgian Ruling class doesnt like the Armenian Ruling class.

As for the alphabet issue,
              a) the characters arent the same as you know
              b) using your argument 3/5 of Europe stole their alphabet from the Italians...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikoyan Anon, if you think im wrong, explain why, if you cant, pleas refrain from spewing your wit over us.

Tigran, its not that the georgians dont like us, rather the Georgian Ruling class doesnt like the Armenian Ruling class.

As for the alphabet issue,
                a) the characters arent the same as you know
                b) using your argument 3/5 of Europe stole their alphabet from the Italians...
                It's not that you're wrong kiddo, it's just that you believe Marxism holds the answers to everything. That is how deception occurs.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Mesrob Mashdotz founded their letters for them also, so they should be thanksfull to Armenians for providing them with intellect.

Comment

"It's not that you're wrong kiddo, it's just that you believe Marxism holds the answers to everything. That is how deception occurs."
                    -Ah, sorry for jumping to conclusions mate, no need for my petit attack.
                    -Enger Moogig, I do not believe in marxism because it is "marxism", but because i believe its arguments to be correct, if i find your argument stronger than that or marxism, i will subscribe to anonymousism, without worry. Im after the best most rational and productive solution, not for the best sounding slogan.

"Mesrob Mashdotz founded their letters for them also, so they should be thanksfull to Armenians for providing them with intellect"
                    Using your logic Armenians should be thankful to Latin and other influences too as the Armenian alphabet uses other letters too eg h, l etc

Comment

Working...
                    X