Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Struggle for Caucasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guaco
    Baron, I strongly recommend to go to Armenia and look how your diaspora seems from outside. I don't want to insult you but your people seem very racist, obsessive, aggressor from outside.
    For sure that one day we wil solve our problems with Armenians about "genocde", economy, security,etc. But not with people like you because you are just an obstacle to solve the problems within Turks-Armenians. After 3 generations, today, most of Armenian diaspora has no relation about being Armenian. I know real Armenians in Turkey, in Armenia. There may be an anger between communities, but those people are not racist like your community.
    For most of your community, Armenian=A nation that is killed by Turks and that msut hate Turks. Turkish hatred becomes a traditional identity at your diaspora, you will understand what I mean if you stop hating me a nd observe you from outside your community.
    First of all, I do not take anything you say as an insult, because I have heard the words "racist, obsessive and aggressor" used more against Turks than Armenians. However, that is not my problem, and I do not wish to sink to that level of name-calling, whether you have the "intent" to insult or not.

Second, I have been to Armenia. The way we were seen as diasporans did not bother me at all. For one, many people thought I was a local. So much for your statement that Armenians in the diaspora have no relations to Armenia. Other than that, some taxi drivers and grocers didn't want to make us pay, the taxi company eventually invited us over for coffee and ice cream, a family we had just met in Artsakh invited us to spend the night at their place, two police officers invited us for a barbecue party, and I met friends with whom I keep in touch regularly, and plan to revisit this summer.

Third, to state that the Diaspora is the largest obstacle to Armenian-Turkish relations is a sheer lie. The Armenian government, and especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Which happens to be led by a diasporan Armenian born in Syria and educated in the USA) has REPEATEDLY stated that Armenia has set no preconditions to talks with Turkey. Turkey, on the other hand, has told Armenia to drop the issue of genocide, and to vacate Artsakh (or Kharabakh). As you can see, it is Turkey that has set preconditions that it knows Armenia will refuse. Therefore, let us please be honest when we look for the true culprit.

Armenia does not equal a nation that is killed by Turks.
    Armenia equals a nation that has a tremendously rich culture, litterature and history. The genocide is but a small part of our history, albeit the most tragic.

And it is not so much the "we hate you because your grandfather killed my grandfather" attitude that prevails. Rather, it is "we are angry because you still refuse to acknowledge your past crimes". You speak of friendship, but how are we realistically able to believe that (not among individuals, but as two countries) when we have seen how easily your country can lie about our past? What guarantee do we have that the future does not hold a similar fate?

Do I wish for better relations? OF COURSE! But until Turkey wakes up and acknowledges its past, and decides to no longer meddle in the Artsakh issue, "friendship" is not a possibility.

Here's a comparison for you. Suppose you are a student in the 3rd grade, and you always get good grades. However, you're not too big physically. Now suppose the class bully starts beating you up one day. You are always in pain, and your grades start dropping. Do you want to be friends with this bully at that moment? No. All you want is for him to let you go to school and study as you wish. Maybe three years later, the bully will mature into a smart young boy, and ask for forgiveness. Will you want to be friends then? Why not?

Comment

• well put well put. what i get angry at is that turks actually think that they understand Armenia and Armenians who live there now better than diaspora Armenians do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Dants
        First of all, I do not take anything you say as an insult, because I have heard the words "racist, obsessive and aggressor" used more against Turks than Armenians. However, that is not my problem, and I do not wish to sink to that level of name-calling, whether you have the "intent" to insult or not.

Second, I have been to Armenia. The way we were seen as diasporans did not bother me at all. For one, many people thought I was a local. So much for your statement that Armenians in the diaspora have no relations to Armenia. Other than that, some taxi drivers and grocers didn't want to make us pay, the taxi company eventually invited us over for coffee and ice cream, a family we had just met in Artsakh invited us to spend the night at their place, two police officers invited us for a barbecue party, and I met friends with whom I keep in touch regularly, and plan to revisit this summer.

Third, to state that the Diaspora is the largest obstacle to Armenian-Turkish relations is a sheer lie. The Armenian government, and especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Which happens to be led by a diasporan Armenian born in Syria and educated in the USA) has REPEATEDLY stated that Armenia has set no preconditions to talks with Turkey. Turkey, on the other hand, has told Armenia to drop the issue of genocide, and to vacate Artsakh (or Kharabakh). As you can see, it is Turkey that has set preconditions that it knows Armenia will refuse. Therefore, let us please be honest when we look for the true culprit.

Armenia does not equal a nation that is killed by Turks.
        Armenia equals a nation that has a tremendously rich culture, litterature and history. The genocide is but a small part of our history, albeit the most tragic.

And it is not so much the "we hate you because your grandfather killed my grandfather" attitude that prevails. Rather, it is "we are angry because you still refuse to acknowledge your past crimes". You speak of friendship, but how are we realistically able to believe that (not among individuals, but as two countries) when we have seen how easily your country can lie about our past? What guarantee do we have that the future does not hold a similar fate?

Do I wish for better relations? OF COURSE! But until Turkey wakes up and acknowledges its past, and decides to no longer meddle in the Artsakh issue, "friendship" is not a possibility.

Here's a comparison for you. Suppose you are a student in the 3rd grade, and you always get good grades. However, you're not too big physically. Now suppose the class bully starts beating you up one day. You are always in pain, and your grades start dropping. Do you want to be friends with this bully at that moment? No. All you want is for him to let you go to school and study as you wish. Maybe three years later, the bully will mature into a smart young boy, and ask for forgiveness. Will you want to be friends then? Why not?
        1. Obviously I am not the one that make the name calling.
        2. I wish you to see how diaspora seems from outside.
        3. And of course todays facist Armenian government share your hate policy, I meant the people of Armenia, they are not racist like diaspora. I remember Ter Petrossian government tried to solve the problems with Turkey, but he couln't stand against the blind and ignorant hatred of the diaspora+economical problems=he failed and now you can proud with today's government.
        4. I agree thatArmenians are more than genocide, they have a very rich historical background and culture and it is very bad for you since for your young diaspora generation Armenian=a nation that is killed by Turks and that must hate Turks.

You can critisize Turkish government and I can agree with you at some points, you may hate Turks because of you suffered at history. What I said is different: A blind and ignorant Turkish hatred becomes a traditional identity among your diaspora. That is what I said and I finish.

Comment

• Thank you for again ignoring the point that our "fascist" government calls for dialogue, while your "democratic" one rejects it.

I'm not even going to bother to reply since you promised that you "finished".

Goodbye!

Tigran, I share your frustration.
          HyeJinx: yes, I will be moving for good once my education is completed.

Comment

• Baron I know we disagree a lot but we can agree, esha esh ga mna.

Comment

• Bah, our disagreements are healthy ones. Debate about certain subjects that some might consider taboo is the only way to ensure better preparedness, productivity, and even unity.

Yete aysbisi barakaneroo mech hamatsayn enk, mnatsadze vnas chooni

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Dants
                Bah, our disagreements are healthy ones. Debate about certain subjects that some might consider taboo is the only way to ensure better preparedness, productivity, and even unity.

Yete aysbisi barakaneroo mech hamatsayn enk, mnatsadze vnas chooni
                I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop coming around these bards since talking to you if one of the reasons I stick around. As an accomplished writer myself, I will always envy your ability to make on the spot arguements that shoot down the other person's (whether they acknowledge it or not).

Actually at this point I could care less about this guy, let us talk about our home. You said you went to Karabagh, how is it? I'm almost more anxious to visit there than Armenia proper when I go next summer.
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Anushik
                  I don't blame you because you didn't like "Ararat" , but that is the truth... that movie based on real stories, and that is the half of reality... not only Armenians told that stories but people from other countries (for example that German woman in the movie...)...
                  "Ararat" is not "the truth" - it is 100% fiction. In fact, it must be the only movie in history where even the closing credits are fiction.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• 100% fiction? I think you're confusing this film with a Turkish schoolbook...
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

• HAHAHAHA, good one aper

Comment

Working...
                      X