Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Kilicarslan, sen soydashlarin gibi katilsen...no wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by kılıçarslan
      you armenians...

what is your problem with us?

we Turks, never killed you.

if you want to learn, our army "Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri" can be conquer all Armenian land in a day !

but, you are little French arse lickers, you hate us.

however, we love all armenians, so you was our brothers in ottoman empire and still you are our brothers.

i don't believe your hate.

you are a little country. if you want to be in war with us, you will lose.

with my regards...
      Sen Osmanlilar gibi katilsin...
      Last edited by Iran Forever; 07-07-2006, 07:56 PM. Reason: too explicit

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
        But what's your government going to do when even it has to stop lying to everyone?
        How are they going to deal with Turkey's overpopulation once they can no longer use the "they will all go and work in Western Europe" solution? What new fantasy are they going to use to solve the problems in Turkey's agriculture now that their "the villages can produce organic farm produce for Europe" scheme has no chance of succeeding?

you know how we deal with overpopulation... when we start cleaning kurds it means a big sweet minus 20 million ( that was for londoner) rest is just technical problems and i think we can solve them when we stop fantasizing...

aconur you are attending that government school using my money (tax).. you should not piss in the dish where you eat from... is this a typical armenian behaviour? maybe thats why your ancestors got into trouble at the first place... worth thinking
        Last edited by Otto3; 07-10-2006, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto3
          you know how we deal with overpopulation... when we start cleaning kurds it means a big sweet minus 20 million ( that was for londoner) rest is just technical problems and i think we can solve them when we stop fantasizing...

aconur you are attending that government school using my money (tax).. you should not piss in the dish where you eat from... is this a typical armenian behaviour? maybe thats why your ancestors got into trouble at the first place... worth thinking
          Listen here crude Turk...not only should you be paying for his education, but you should wipe his ass after he craps on you star and creasent flag.
          You and your nation owe a lot more to Armenians than just sending them to a government school. It's called reparations...worth thinking.

Comment

we didnt agree on reparations yet.... it does not worth thinking

Comment

Otto3, im sure im paying tax to turkish goverment more than you. Anatolia is not turks, (its Armenians, Greeks, Kurds, Arabians, iranians, georgians, and pontus greeks) I dont pissing to plate, u ve taken my plate and u say its ours! Go home barbarian turk, your place is north asia forests! You escaped from chinese people and destroyed to anatolia barbarianly!!! You dont have history, you dont have culture, you were living on mountains!!! Say me stupid racist turkish guy, whose plate? whose tax and whose geography??? You are only destroyer, no more...

Comment

Originally posted by aconur
                Otto3, im sure im paying tax to turkish goverment more than you. Anatolia is not turks, (its Armenians, Greeks, Kurds, Arabians, iranians, georgians, and pontus greeks) I dont pissing to plate, u ve taken my plate and u say its ours! Go home barbarian turk, your place is north asia forests! You escaped from chinese people and destroyed to anatolia barbarianly!!! You dont have history, you dont have culture, you were living on mountains!!! Say me stupid racist turkish guy, whose plate? whose tax and whose geography??? You are only destroyer, no more...
                you know the rules my friend... lets talk about giving america to indians... so being there first doesnt mean a thing... last owner is the owner... thats not something i say thats whats happening so we dont have to argue on this... it is a great shame that you clever civilized armenians ,greeks, kurds(kurds?) and etc etc etc lost your piece of land to a herd of nomadic asiatic barbarians... also it is funny... every time you talk about your great civilization remember that most of you are doing this on somebody elses country and i know it is because of us.... i dont want to insult anybody here but talk is cheap.... i agree that we turks are barbars so a barbar does what a barbarian does so there is nothing wrong with that... problem is if you had so great civilizations why are we still here?... go home barbarian turk eh? is that all you can do... great... i am scared

and we have a long and bloody history... you have a long and a bloody history too... but you guys just didnt know the correct end of a sword with all your big brains...Armenian understands what i say so you should consult him....

thats gonne get me banned
                Last edited by Otto3; 07-14-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

EU warning to Turkey over Cyprus

Turkey was given a blunt warning today that its European Union membership talks could be suspended within months unless Ankara resolves a dispute with Greek Cyprus. In a sign that Turkey's 40-year European dream is in danger of being derailed, the EU's incoming presidency told Ankara that it would trigger a crisis this autumn if it failed to open its ports and airports to Cyprus.

"There is always the possibility to stop the negotiations," the Finnish prime minister, Matti Vanhanen, said at a press conference in Helsinki to launch his country's six-month EU presidency. "I believe Turkey knows that."

Mr Vanhanen's intervention highlighted the growing impatience across the EU at Turkey's failure to live up to its commitment to extend its customs union to all 25 members of the union - including its arch-enemy. The EU is insisting that Turkey do this by the end of this year.

Ankara is digging in its heels and refusing to take such a symbolic step until the EU ends its trade embargo of the "Republic of Northern Cyprus" - recognised by no one but the Turks since their 1974 invasion. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish prime minister, flatly rejected the EU demands earlier this month when he declared: "Don't expect anything ... not on the subject of the ports and airports."

The EU, which had hoped to admit a united Cyprus when the EU expanded in 2004, is keen to end the embargo but says Ankara must move first. The remarks by Mr Vanhanen will be seen as particularly significant because Finland is one of Turkey's few champions in the EU. Ankara was granted formal EU candidate status during Finland's last EU presidency in 1999.

But Mr Vanhanen underlined his frustration today when he endorsed the European commission's recent warning of a "train crash" in Turkey's membership negotiations. Asked whether he supported the view of Olli Rehn, Finland's European enlargement commissioner, who is in charge of the negotiations, Mr Vanhanen said: "I totally share his view. Olli Rehn was my assistant before he was nominated [for Brussels]."

Mr Rehn believes that Turkey's membership negotiations will come to a head in the autumn for two reasons. First, he will publish his annual progress report on Turkey's preparations for EU membership. This will criticise Ankara for slowing the pace of domestic reforms in areas such as human rights and freedom of speech. Second, the EU will offer its "evaluation" of how Turkey is implementing the "Ankara protocol" to extend its customs union across the EU. Black marks are expected in both areas.

Mr Vanhanen, who admitted that "Turkey will become a difficult question" during Finland's EU presidency, balanced his remarks by saying that the EU must admit countries that fulfill the entry criteria. The prime minister recently helped to defeat an attempt by Austria, which relinquishes the EU presidency tonight, to put the brakes on Turkey's EU membership application by making an informal assessment of the EU's ability to "absorb" a new country into a formal criterion. Mr Vanhanen made it clear that he would be upset if Turkey's talks reached a crisis during his stewardship of the EU. Asked whether he would feel a personal sense of failure, he said: "Of course, yes."

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,,1809865,00.html
                  Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Support for EU plunges in Turkey - EU survey

By David Brunnstrom

BRUSSELS, July 6 (Reuters) - Public support for the European Union in Turkey plunged in the half-year period to May, reflecting growing disillusionment with the progress of its entry bid, an EU survey released on Thursday showed.

The Eurobarometer poll of just over 1,000 people in Turkey conducted through April found that the percentage of respondents "with a positive image of the European Union" dived to 43 percent from 60 percent six months earlier. The level of trust Turks placed in the European Union was just 35 percent, the second lowest figure among the 30 EU states and entry hopefuls surveyed, just above Britain at 31 percent.

"The spring 2006 survey shows a significant negative development in opinion in Turkey," the poll said. The EU began accession talks with Ankara last October but the process -- likely to last a decade or more -- has run into difficulties over Turkey's refusal to open its ports and airports to traffic from EU member Cyprus.

The EU warned last week that membership negotiations could be halted unless it moves on Cyprus. Presenting the survey findings, Commission spokesman Mikolaj Dowgielewicz said it showed changing perceptions in Turkey. "It is clear that perhaps the perception of the opening of the negotiations was very optimistic in Turkey," he said. "Of course, perhaps, the perception now is much more complicated."

FRENCH BACK CONSTITUTION

More widely, the Eurobarometer survey, which polled a total of 29,000 people in the 30 countries, showed public support for further EU enlargement in the 25 EU member states fell to 45 percent from 49 percent in the previous poll in October. While support for further enlargement was high in aspirant countries, Turkey was the exception, with a fall of seven percentage points to 45 percent

The survey found that overall support for EU membership among existing members rose to 55 percent from 50 percent in the previous survey, but support for the idea of an EU constitution decreased slightly to 61 percent, with 22 percent opposed. In France, whose voters rejected ratification of the constitution last year -- partly over concerns about EU enlargement to include Turkey -- 62 percent nevertheless were in favour of an EU constitution.

In the Netherlands, where voters also rejected ratification last year, the figure was just below the European average. The survey found the overriding concern for Europeans remained unemployment at 49 percent, a rise of 5 percent over the autumn, followed by crime and concerns about the economy, although the latter eased slightly by three percentage points.

Dowgielewicz said the survey reinforced the need to explain the benefits of enlargement. "The general economic situation has a very big impact on the perception," he said. EU Communications Commissioner Margot Wallstrom said the only way for the union to regain citizens' trust was to deliver better security, job opportunities and quality of life. She said these should be the focus of the current Finnish EU presidency, which runs until the year-end.

Link: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06653038.htm
                    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by aconur

what the hell are you talking about????why you arent ashamed of yourself trumping informations up.anatolia is wholly turk land.I dont think that you live in turkey and brought up in turkey.you are self-proclaimed turk.we have great history,we brought culture,tolerance,religious freedom....christians in turkey can practice their religion freely.the minorities you quote,do live in turkey together in peace.

even after the conquest of istanbul,fatih sultan mehmet announced the christian community,we will never intervene your religion,no people will be persecuted due to his or her religion,and so so....If we were barbarians,we would massacre all christian commuunity,stop the functions or FENER RUM PATRIARCHATE.dont talk in vain fool...!!!!
                      Last edited by EMRE; 07-30-2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X