Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

End of the U.S.-Turkey alliance: Ties 'more allergic than strategic'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the U.S.-Turkey alliance: Ties 'more allergic than strategic'

End of the U.S.-Turkey alliance: Ties 'more allergic than strategic'

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
    Friday, June 10, 2005

ANKARA — A leading Turkish strategist said that strategic relations between Ankara and Washington are finished, having gradually eroded over the last two years.

As a result, the strategist said, the Bush administration has downgraded the U.S.-Turkish relationship and transferred responsibility from the Defense Department to the State Department.

On June 8, President George Bush met Prime Minister Recep Erdogan in the White House in a discussion meant to improve relations between Ankara and Washington. White House spokesman Scott McClellan, providing no details, said Bush and Erdogan had aimed to reinvigorate the strategic relationship, Middle East Newsline reported.

"Turkish-American relations have been in a process of erosion for a long time," Kemal Koprulu, chairman of the Ari Movement, said. "The strategic partnership is long over. And after it ended, unfortunately no effort was made to redefine our relations."

The assessment by Koprulu has been shared by leading U.S. analysts and former officials. Mark Parris, a former U.S. ambassador to Ankara, said Ankara and Washington have failed to overcome differences sparked by the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

"In such key areas as Iraq, defense and diplomatic cooperation, and economic relations, the tone and substance of U.S.-Turkish partnership has become more allergic than strategic," Parris said in an article in the Spring 2005 issue of the Ari Movement's Turkish Policy Quarterly.

Turkey's supporters in the Bush administration, who Koprulu termed neo-conservatives, have also expressed a change of heart. Koprulu quoted them as saying that Turkey has abandoned the West for alliances with such Middle Eastern countries as Iran and Syria.

"The White House and political circles around it are seriously worried, wondering in which direction Turkey is going," Koprulu said. Over the last month, Turkey has agreed to expand U.S. Air Force use of the Incirlik air base and train Iraqi military officers.

In April 2005, the Ari Movement, which promotes Turkish-U.S. relations, sent a delegation to Washington to meet senior U.S. officials. The delegation met representatives of the National Security Council, State Department and Congress and discussed bilateral relations as well as the prospect of a revival in strategic cooperation between Ankara and Washington.

Koprulu, in a study for the Turkish Policy Quarterly and interview with the Turkish weekly Referans, said the Pentagon was no longer involved in U.S. decisions on Turkey. He said Turkish-U.S. relations — damaged by Ankara's refusal in 2003 to be used as a launching pad for the invasion of Iraq — have declined to their lowest point in decades.

"Turkey's refusal to open a northern front in Iraq have caused a very negative view of Turkey," Koprulu told Referans in an interview translated and distributed by the Washington-based Middle East Media Research Institute. "We also found out that there's a negative view towards Turkey among the top-ranking military leaders in Washington. For the first time in a long while there is a military command in Washington that thinks negatively about Turkey. This is a very serious fracture."

Koprulu said that in the late 1990s five representatives each from the Pentagon, the National Security Council and the State Department were responsible for drafting U.S. policy on Ankara. Today, he said this number has dropped to no more than five officials throughout the administration.

Well well well....not good news for near term support of Turkish Genocide denial eh?

Comment

You have very miserable lives. Is this Turkey issue only agenda in your poor minds? Don't you have anythink to do better? Why don't you use your little brains to prosper your third world country instead of rack your brains over Turks? You seem very miserable from outside and I really feel sorry for your little confused nation. How bad for you that you are not important for us but we are the most important thing in your low lives.

Comment

It is an interesting experience for me in this forum. I see a group of people outside Turkey who things about Turkey everyday. I wonder if there is another example in the world like this situation. For example do you thing that Chechnians are thinking about Russians every god's day? I think this is a unique situation in the world and your confused minds are a very interesting sociological subject for researchers. You are really interesting people.

Comment

Bring us up at your sociology class at Marmara!

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
            You have very miserable lives. Is this Turkey issue only agenda in your poor minds? Don't you have anythink to do better? Why don't you use your little brains to prosper your third world country instead of rack your brains over Turks? You seem very miserable from outside and I really feel sorry for your little confused nation. How bad for you that you are not important for us but we are the most important thing in your low lives.
            Kakakitab:

WE have miserable lives???

What we have is unfinished business!!!

The miserable is he who calls him/her self a Turk.

BTW: IF your life is so wonderful, what the XXXX are you doing here?

You turds here are truly a strange bunch. We spit in your faces and you say its raining

Now, hivand Yeghnik
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              Kakakitab:

WE have miserable lives???

What we have is unfinished business!!!

The miserable is he who calls him/her self a Turk.

BTW: IF your life is so wonderful, what the XXXX are you doing here?

You turds here are truly a strange bunch. We spit in your faces and you say its raining

Now, hivand Yeghnik
              Well I just entertain with miserable lives like you, believe me you are very enjoyable. Think from my side, a group of people who are thinking, talking, reading,etc about your nation every but every god's day. Wouldn't it be exiting for you?

Comment

I suspect that if Germany were not to recognize the Holocaust and instead persisted with denial that it not only would be a major subject with Jews (and others) - but it would no longer exist as a State...think about it....enjoy your time while you still have it...

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
                  Well I just entertain with miserable lives like you, believe me you are very enjoyable. Think from my side, a group of people who are thinking, talking, reading,etc about your nation every but every god's day. Wouldn't it be exiting for you?
                  What makes me wonder is why you constantly need to come to this forum and argue against the Armenian genocide, or call them inferior. What are you trying to prove to yourself? I think deep down the Turkoglu is bothered by Armenians and what they say about your bloodlusting past.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

In some ways (being able to appreciate) the undercurrent of fear and uncertainty that today's Turks exhibit in regards to Armenians (and rightly so) regardless of their public bravado is but a small consolation for the horrors that our families experienced as subjects of their magnaminous and benevolent rule...in the end I have the consolation of knowing how individually talented, adaptable and powerful we are and how powerful this makes us as a people - regardless of any lack of bloody marrauding past legacy or pediophiliac Sultans to adore - and also knowing that one reaps what they sow and that those in Turkey who persist (in perpetuating the Genocide against us) will suffer for it in the end....

Comment

Working...
                    X