Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Armor Brigade Trains in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Armor Brigade Trains in the US

And i helped (at least i would hope to think so)

In Fort Knox, KY a armored Brigade from Armenia came to train, geared up and ready to go at it.

How does this work?

We (16th Cav Regiment) supply the ammo and MILEs gear (MILEs is pretty much high tech laser tag for rifles and tanks)

We were being OPFOR (the enemie to the armenian troops) we were defend a large wooded area using M1A2 Abrams MBTs and A3 Bradlys we also used a handful of new Stryker attack APCs Also 4 platoons of dismounts

The Armenian soldiers came with a weird ass mix match of stuff:

T-72s T-80s Merkava MK4s (who knew Israel ship them tanks? not me) And BMP APCs. They also brought ALOT of Javlin anti-armor rockets to use on us.

The way this works is pretty much the armenians attack us, we defend and teach them how americans fight with armor.

then we attack them and they teach us how to fight the armenian armor way.

We didn't do any real training today, we just set up, but for the next few weeks this will go on. I can't wait!

Re: Armenian Armor Brigade Trains in the US

This is interesting, keep us posted.

The "weird ass mix match" tanks Armenians are using are not their own, it belongs to the US Army and is used for such purposes.

These military trainings are organized so that war planners here can analyze 'up-close' a potential enemy's military capabilities and in doing so perhaps 'befriend' a few high ranking officers.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

No, those tanks were the Armenian troops tanks.

Fort knox doesn't have any armor like that on base. They brought it over with them.

Comment

I think t-72 and 80 are Russian and mk4 is Isreali

So Armenians came from Armenia bringing with them tanks, anti-tank weapons, etc to train with the American army?

hummm....kinda wierd...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmenianKid
          No, those tanks were the Armenian troops tanks. Fort knox doesn't have any armor like that on base. They brought it over with them.
          That's hard to believe. I suggest you look further into this matter, what are we here paying you for?

I am very familiar with the US military and I have been a military enthusiast for many years. I know for sure that the US military has foreign made armor and aircraft that they use for such kinds of training purposes. This hardware does not have to be stationed in Fort Knox, they could be brought in from other undisclosed locations.

I know Armenia does NOT have Israeli made Merkeva tanks, and they most probably don't have the Russian made T-80s either. And even if they did have T-80s, or better models, they would most probably not have take them out of the country to begin with. Also, attempting to bring heavy armor from "landlocked" Armenia is a massive logistical and geopolitical problem to begin with.

How are they to be taken out, via Georgia, a nation on the brink of a civil war? Perhaps an airlift could have take the armor out of the country in ones or two, but the Armenian Air Force does not have the proper cargo planes for that task. Did American C-5s go back and forth, back and forth? I doubt it. Did Russians do it? I doubt it.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Btw, we are expecting you to pass vital battle field information to the Armenian Forces during the up-coming battles. If at any time you think you are going to get caught, we will provide you with a password which you can use to defect to the 'right' side.

In the mean while keep a low profile, just listen and observe. When the time is right, we will contact you.

Good luck and God be with you.

Your password is: Hay em aper, ch'khpess.

Urgent: You must destroy this message upon reading it

Նժդեհ

Comment

ArmenianKid,

I have a question for you: why the hell aren't you in college? what are you doing serving this bastard nation who is indifferent to whether its soldiers live or die?

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh
                ArmenianKid,

I have a question for you: why the hell aren't you in college? what are you doing serving this bastard nation who is indifferent to whether its soldiers live or die?
                I can't agree with this comment. Whatever ArmenianKid's motives I think more Armenian-Americans should consider joining the US military. Besides some obvious benefits to the individual if they have any plans to repatriate then they would bring valuable knowledge in military doctrine. The volunteer military of the US relies on high-tech which may be outside of Armenia's current reach but it should be the long term goal. The Soviet/Russian doctrine is based on massive numbers. This is not practical for Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
                  I can't agree with this comment. Whatever ArmenianKid's motives I think more Armenian-Americans should consider joining the US military. Besides some obvious benefits to the individual if they have any plans to repatriate then they would bring valuable knowledge in military doctrine. The volunteer military of the US relies on high-tech which may be outside of Armenia's current reach but it should be the long term goal. The Soviet/Russian doctrine is based on massive numbers. This is not practical for Armenia.
                  I can't agree with this comment.

Whatever ArmenianKid's motives may be, I think no Armenian-American should ever consider joining the US military. The Armed Forces of the US are in essence the armed wing of several special interests - oil lobby, defense industry, jooish lobby, mega-corporations. The aforementioned do not even serve the interests of the US. As a matter of fact, the special interests I have mentioned are openly anti-Armenian and pro-Turkish.

Most probably, an Armenian who 'wants' to join the US military has never even visited their Fatherland let alone "repatriate" to the Fatherland. However, they may be a few exceptions. Thus, I ask. Armeniankid: How willing are you to move to Armenia and apply your acquired knowledge to the benifit of your ancestoral homeland? Please be honest with your answer.

What's more, American forces are not as capable as advertised. US Armed Forces heavily rely on high tech weaponry. Man-to-man, tank-to-tank, US troops are worthless in open combat. High tech weaponry will never work in urban environments, alpine environments and forested environments. Placing hope upon American military doctrine as a way to 'improve' Armenia's military is an asburd thought to say the least. Besides, within several vital fields, especially missile technology and armor, the Russian military is still ahead of US's. Armenia's military doctrine is quite well suited for its environment and its national capabilities, it does not impliment 'Soviet' doctrine. The largest Armenian military unit is a 'regiment' and the Armenian military relies heavily upon mechenized infantry, anti-tank squads and anti-aircraft missiles.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                    I can't agree with this comment.

Whatever ArmenianKid's motives may be, I think no Armenian-American should ever consider joining the US military. The Armed Forces of the US are in essence the armed wing of several special interests - oil lobby, defense industry, jooish lobby, mega-corporations. The aforementioned do not even serve the interests of the US. As a matter of fact, the special interests I have mentioned are openly anti-Armenian and pro-Turkish.

Most probably, an Armenian who 'wants' to join the US military has never even visited their Fatherland let alone "repatriate" to the Fatherland. However, they may be a few exceptions. Thus, I ask. Armeniankid: How willing are you to move to Armenia and apply your acquired knowledge to the benifit of your ancestoral homeland? Please be honest with your answer.

What's more, American forces are not as capable as advertised. US Armed Forces heavily rely on high tech weaponry. Man-to-man, tank-to-tank, US troops are worthless in open combat. High tech weaponry will never work in urban environments, alpine environments and forested environments. Placing hope upon American military doctrine as a way to 'improve' Armenia's military is an asburd thought to say the least. Besides, within several vital fields, especially missile technology and armor, the Russian military is still ahead of US's. Armenia's military doctrine is quite well suited for its environment and its national capabilities, it does not impliment 'Soviet' doctrine. The largest Armenian military unit is a 'regiment' and the Armenian military relies heavily upon mechenized infantry, anti-tank squads and anti-aircraft missiles.
                    You mentioned earlier you have interests in military subjects. I stated initially that America relies on tech. I do not have extensive knowledge of Armenia's military strategy only a general understanding of basic formations and equipment. You make some good points however you are mistaken on Russian armor. Especially the tanks that Armenia has. It may be a step above Azeri armor at best.

If you feel that US military doctrine and training is inferior to Russian then you are mistaken yet again. It has developed along with its technological abilities. I do not know what changes the Russians made post USSR however the USSR doctrine was based on massive troop deployment and a centralized command. Armenia having the more common brigade sized units would need to develop technological abilities in line with its size. Additionally they have to change the method of training and doctrine. My intention in my previous post was not to suggest it adopt a western military philosophy but learn from it with the goal of establishing a professional military with the technology to support smaller units in protecting the homeland from a 2 if not 3 front war. Armenia despite the mountains has no room to give in battle. Despite the rather obvious dislike you show towards Israel it is worthwile to consider what they have achieved with the aid of the good ol USA.

Comment

Working...
                    X