Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Authorities declare war on racist gangs

Following a week which has seen one gang of extremists receive long prison terms – including life sentences - and another skinhead gang arrested and charged with racist killings, it seems there might be light at the end of the tunnel as the forces of law and order get to grips with the scourge of racist violence on the streets of Moscow.

Skinhead gang charged with 19 racial murders

Eight young men and one woman are due to stand trial accused of 19 murders and 13 attempted murders. The Moscow Prosecutor’s Office brought the charges after an investigation into more than three dozen racial attacks around the city between August 2006 and April 2007. Currently eight of the nine so-called ‘skinheads’ are in custody. One has been released on condition he remains in the city. Last April two Moscow students, Artur Ryno and his friend Pavel Skachevsky were arrested on suspicion of killing an Armenian businessman. Later Ryno confessed to 37 racially-motivated crimes, and more arrests followed. A total of nine people aged from 16 to 22 are now charged with murder or attempted murder. Investigators say the members of the gang kept in touch via mobile phones and the Internet. Then they would get together for what they called ‘actions’. Their attacks were always sudden and had one purpose only - to kill. The gang went out on manhunts in the evenings, attacking men they considered non-Slavic.

Alarming record

Fifty-three people have been killed in hate crimes this year, which is three times as many as over the same period in 2007. These figures have motivated authorities to take a tougher stance. Now more crimes are being investigated as racial attacks – and, crucially, more are coming to court. Earlier this week eight extremists were found guilty of a 2006 explosion in the Cherkizovo market that left 14 dead and 47 injured, most of whom were immigrants from the North Caucasus and East Asia.

Human rights activists see rays of hope

”The fact that this case found its way to court, and the example of people sentenced to life for the Cherkizovo market blast shows that we are moving in the right direction - but there's still a lot to do,” Semyon Charny from the Moscow Human Rights Bureau believes. Russia's hate crimes are attracting greater attention from society, media and the authorities. Last spring, a billboard campaign in the streets of Moscow promoted racial tolerance. However, only the next few years will show whether this will be enough to resolve the problem.

Source: http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/24900
    Last edited by Armenian; 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

My Thank you for providing the information about the terroist support. I wanted to share it with a westerner and had trouble finding english sources. Those skinheads are also like terroist supported and armed by western intelligences agency CIA, Mossad and MI-6. They are scum and traitors and shames me to see them in Russia. There should be no remorse taken against them and should be tried as treason and put to death for racial murders or life in jail for lesser crimes.

Comment

Soros warns global boom is over

BBC News economics reporter

George Soros on why he believes the UK is in a fragile position Billionaire investor George Soros has given his gloomiest assessment of the state of the US and world economies. He told BBC business editor Robert Peston that the "acute phase" of the credit crunch may be over but effects on the real economy are yet to be felt. He warned the "financial bubble" of the last 25 years could be drawing to an end and the post World War II "super-boom" era could also be over. He predicted a "more severe and longer" US slowdown than most people expect. And he said that the UK was worse-placed than America to weather the coming economic storm, because it had such a large financial sector and has had the biggest increase in house prices.

Gloomy bankers

Mr Soros said that the current mandate of most of the world's leading central banks - where their main focus was fighting inflation - meant there was limited scope for cutting interest rates to help economies recover. As for the Bank of the England, he said, "it was like a Greek tragedy", because they "couldn't do a U-turn" until there was a full-blown recession, which would finally take away the price pressures. It was "inevitable" that they would keep rates too high for the good of the economy, he added. In part, Mr Soros is echoing the gloomy forecast of the world's central bankers in recent weeks. The head of the European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet, recently told the BBC that the "market correction was still on-going". Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, warned in the Bank's inflation report that UK inflation would rise above its target while the economy would slow sharply.

Moral hazard

Mr Soros believes that central bankers are partly to blame for the credit crunch because of their past behaviour in bailing out the financial sector whenever it got into trouble for over-lending, the so-called moral hazard problem. He said that the central banks should explicitly target asset bubbles such as housing booms and try to stop them getting out of control, which is something they have resisted doing so far. And he said that tougher but smarter regulation would be needed in the future in order to reduce the excess supply of credit in the economy. These could include measures to force banks to put aside more reserves in good times to help cushion them in bad times.

Misguided markets

Mr Soros believes that oil and other commodities are over-priced, but he sees little chance of the price of oil coming down until there is a big slowdown in the richer economies. He sees the price of oil as being driven by higher demand in developing countries such as China, where subsidised energy costs mean there is less price-sensitivity. He also said that stock markets are still underestimating the severity and length of the economic downturn, especially in the US, and are now having a "bear market rally".

Profiting from the crisis

Mr Soros has credibility partly because he is prepared to invest his own money to back up his convictions. The private investment fund he has resumed managing made a return of 34% last year betting that the credit crunch was more severe than many people expected. Mr Soros was the man reported to have made $1bn in September 1992, betting correctly that the British currency would have to be devalued and leave the European Exchange Rate Mechanism. Mr Soros has devoted much of time since then to philanthropy, especially in Eastern Europe.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7408620.stm

Soros: Trouble with Russia

Russia’s position on Kosovo is more dangerous than that concerning the U.S. missile defense shield, George Soros says. “The fact that Russia is trying to take over the Kosovo issue is more dangerous for Europe than Kremlin’s criticism and resistance to the U.S. plans to place components of its anti missile shield in the Czech Republic and Poland,” the American billionaire told the Czech Radio in Prague. “If Russia really does veto [a UN Kosovo resolution], this will be a serious problem for Europe, causing divide within the EU as some countries favor Kosovo’s independence while others do not. Precisely this will demonstrate the lengths Russia will go to in order to create trouble in the world,” Soros was quoted as saying. “Kosovo needs calming down and consolidating. That is what people in Kosovo are demanding and unless they are granted independence, they will declare it unilaterally. That would create a really huge problem,” Soros continued. Democratic Party of Serbia (DSS) vice president and cabinet minister Aleksandar Popović criticized the comments sharply, saying that Soros saw fit to engage in Serbian internal matters, advocating dismemberment of the state and snatching of 15 percent of Serbia’s territory. “Serbia never called on Soros to deal with her state borders or the issues of her territorial integrity. Perhaps Soros wishes to assume the role of the United Nations Security Council, carving up borders as he sees fit and as fits his capital,” Popović said.

Source: http://www.b92.net/eng/news/comments.php?nav_id=41012

Soros offices shut down in Moscow

BBC - Friday, 7 November, 2003

Camouflage-clad men have forced staff to leave the Moscow offices of the Open Society Institute founded by the US billionaire George Soros. At least 30 men stormed the offices and seized computers and documents in the raid, which began late on Thursday, the foundation's lawyer Pavel Kuzmin said. Mr Soros' senior policy adviser Laura Silber told BBC News Online that the foundation had responded by filing criminal charges. She said the 100 staff were locked out and "it is impossible to work in Russia now". A Moscow firm called Sector-1 which owns the building said it acted because of a rent row. But the institute's Moscow chief said the raid could be related to the crackdown on Russian oil giant Yukos. Yekaterina Geniyeva, who is currently outside Russia, was quoted as saying she could see "a certain connection" with the Yukos affair.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3251281.stm

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello, Armenian.

Your updates are trully priceless. Thank you very much.

By thew way, I did see you questions, but had no time to give a proper, adequate answer - I am too busy right now. I will answer to all your questions though but in five days or so.

I hate to make you wait or make you think that I decided to ignore your questions, so I will give a short answers right now.

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          How did you come across this website?
          Couple years ago I've been searching the net for a good picture of S-300 and the picture I liked was posted in this thread.
          I did try to register back then, but when I tried to do so, I got a message:
          Registration of new members is disabled by the Administrator.

Incidentally, we have another Russian that regularly visits us here. She is a Kuban Cossack, her user name is Angessa.
          That is nice. Hello, Angessa. How are you? Where do you live?
          I assume you do speak Russian. Correct?

A question for you, if you don't mind: Are you in any way affiliated with Russia Today or RIA Novosti?
          I am not.
          What is in my posts that made you think that I am affiliated with RT or RIAN?

Are you familiar with Armenians?
          Well, as I said in my very first post, I was born and raised in the USSR, and then during Soviet time, I sure did meet number of Armenian people. Today, however, I don't come arcoss any Armenians at all. I live in US right now (Chicago), so that's maybe the reason....

When I was in SA (Soviet Army) I knew one Armenian man, he worked in the kitchen. He was nice and friendly guy.

In the late 1980s I worked with an Armenian artist in Minsk, who fled Nagorno-Karabakh. He was pretty good companion....

In 1991 I met Armenian woman in Columbus, Ohio who worked for the governor Voinovich's office.

I visited Columbus with a group of tourists. Our guide took us to the State building to show us the American democracy in action. At the end of our tour I asked him if I can actually get inside the Governor office. He said no, and explained that governor's office was not open to the public.

But right at that moment one woman from Governor's entourage steped in and said that it's OK, she said that governor was not in Columbus today so she can show me the office of Governor Voinovich.
          From all group I was actually the only one who got to see the office. We went inside accompanied with other governor's empoyees.

When inside that women told me that I speak with an accent which sounded like Russian, and asked me where I was from.....

Then she invited me to lunch. In 10 minutes we (a group 5) went arcoss the plaza to a restaurant where she asked me what would I like to have and later she even paid for all my food.
          During the lunch she told me that she was Armenian.

I knew her for one day only though.

Comment

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
            I am not. What is in my posts that made you think that I am affiliated with RT or RIAN?
            Because you began posting pictures and information exclusivly from RIA Novosti and Russia Today immediately after you registered here. I guess it simply was wishful thinking on my part. Thank you for your reply, nonetheless. Good to have you here, North Pole Resident. Please continue posting relevant information.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Russia to build up naval presence in world's oceans in 2008

Russia's Northern Fleet will dispatch ships and submarines on tours of duty to various regions of the world's oceans in 2008, the fleet's commander said on Tuesday. "There will be tours of duty this year, involving surface ships, submarines and aircraft," Vice-Admiral Nikolai Maksimov said. "We will visit the Atlantic, the Indian and the Pacific oceans, and the Mediterranean." Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said last year that Russia's Navy had resumed and would build up its continual presence in different regions of the world's oceans. A naval task force from Russia's Northern Fleet, consisting of the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, the Udaloy-Class destroyers Admiral Levchenko and Admiral Chabanenko, as well as auxiliary vessels, conducted from December 2007 to February 2008 a two-month tour of duty in the Mediterranean Sea and North Atlantic. The flagship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, the Moskva guided missile cruiser, joined up with Russian naval warships in the Mediterranean on January 18 and participated in maneuvers in the Atlantic from January 28 to February 2. Over 40 aircraft from Russia's Air Force, including Tu-160 Blackjacks, Tu-95MS Bears, Tu-22M3 Backfire C strategic bombers, A-50 Mainstay airborne early warning aircraft, Il-78 Midas aerial tankers, MiG-31 Foxhound long-range interceptors and Su-27 Flanker frontline fighter aircraft participated in the drills jointly with the navy. Maksimov also said that the Northern Fleet would be fully manned with professional seamen under contracts by 2009. "At present, only the submarines are completely manned with contract servicemen, while only 45% of crew members on surface ships are contract seamen," the admiral said. "We will resolve this situation by 2009."

Source: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20080520/107892020.html

Նժդեհ

Comment

Because you began posting pictures and information exclusivly from RIA Novosti and Russia Today immediately after you registered here. I guess it simply was wishful thinking on my part. Thank you for your reply, nonetheless. Good to have you here, North Pole Resident. Please continue posting relevant information.
                Ինչ անկապ պատասխան տվեց Հայերի վերաբերեալ տված հարցիդ: Դուրս չեկավ...

Նկատել եմ Պարսիկ ժողովուրդը համեմատաբար ավելի մեծ յարգանք ու պատիւ ունի Հայերի նկատմամբ քան թէ Ռուսները: Հայի անունը ընդհանրապէս Իրանցիների համար շաղկապված է՝ մակարդակ, արվեստ, անկեղծութիւն բառերի հետ...

Շատ Ռուսոֆիլ ես: Անձամբ՝ երբէք Ռուսոֆոբ չեմ եղել ( ընդհակառակը միշտ գնահատում եմ երկու երկրների երկկողմ սերտ յարաբերութիւնները քաղաքական մակարդակում ընդդէմ Արեւմուտքի եւ Ամերիկայի յատկապէս) բայց յատուկ Ռուսոֆիլ էլ չեմ: Ավելի շուտ Փութինոֆիլ եմ համարում ինձ...

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
                [...]
                Then she invited me to lunch. In 10 minutes we (a group 5) went arcoss the plaza to a restaurant where she asked me what would I like to have and later she even paid for all my food...
                LOL, how was this relevant to his question???
                Last edited by Lucin; 05-21-2008, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  Ինչ անկապ պատասխան տվեց Հայերի վերաբերեալ տված հարցիդ: Դուրս չեկավ...
                  Լուսին, ինչ՞ու զայրանում ես. ակնհայտ է որ նա Հայերի հետ շատ կապեր չիունեցել: Այնուամենայնիվ, կարծումեմ որ միքիչ անտեղի/անհամապատասխան ակնկալութիւուններ ունես օտար ազգկերից, այս պարագաում Ռուսերից:: Եթե մեզ չեն «պաշտում» դա չի նշանակում որ մեր «դշնամիներն» են: Այդ մոտեցումը Ժհուդասկան է: Եւ խնդրում եմ Ռուսը և Պարսիկը մի համեմատիր, երեկու «շատ» տարբբեր ազգեր և մշակույթներ են: Ես անձնապես անտարբեր եմ Ռուս մարդկանց հանդեբ, սակայն ինչպես ասեցիր "Ռուսոֆիլ" եմ երկրաքաղաքական դաշտի մեչ: Խնդրումեմ, այս աննպատակ/անկապ խոսակցութիւնը չշարունակենք:

Նժդեհ

Comment

Լուսին, ինչ՞ու զայրանում ես. ակնհայտ է որ նա Հայերի հետ շատ կապեր չիունեցել: Այնուամենայնիվ, կարծումեմ որ միքիչ անտեղի/անհամապատասխան ակնկալութիւուններ ունես օտար ազգկերից, այս պարագաում Ռուսերից::
                    Երեւի հասարակ, թեթեւ ժողովրդից ակնկալիք չպէտք է ունենալ, խոր ըմբռնում ու նրբութիւնների նկատողութիւն չունեն...

Եթե մեզ չեն «պաշտում» դա չի նշանակում որ մեր «դշնամիներն» են: Այդ մոտեցումը Ժհուդասկան է:

Եւ խնդրում եմ Ռուսը և Պարսիկը մի համեմատիր, երեկու «շատ» տարբբեր ազգեր և մշակույթներ են:

Երկու ժողովուրդներին չեմ համեմատում իրար հետ, այլ՝ «հասարակ» պարսիկի եւ «հասարակ» ռուսի մտայնութիւնը հայերի նկատմամբ ընդհանուր կերպով: Համենայնդէպս...

Ես անձնապես անտարբեր եմ Ռուս մարդկանց հանդեբ, սակայն ինչպես ասեցիր "Ռուսոֆիլ" եմ երկրաքաղաքական դաշտի մեչ:

Նախընտրում եմ սա ասես:
                    Last edited by Lucin; 05-21-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

This is not really news but I think its very amusing. He share likes an american Penis in his mouth.

(Gary Kasparov and the Flying Penis)
                      A press conference by Gary Kasparov is interrupted by a flying penis.

Comment

Working...
                      X