Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    You can find such accounts in serious history books in Armenia and in Russia. Not much of this genre, theater of operation, has been translated into English. Sadly, it must be said that our shortsighted genocide obsessed idiots in the diaspora are afraid of publicizing this kind of historical information because they think it can hinder genocide recognition efforts. I personally believe that Armenians, especially diasporan Armenians, desperately need to hear such heroic stories about how we, together with our northern neighbors, were able to easily bring the Ottoman Empire to its knees in the opening stages of the First World War. Armenians need to learn about how Bolshevism annulled our successes and gave away our lands. Armenians need to learn that because of Russia's defeat Ottoman Armenians were subjugated to a near total genocide. I think our deep obsession with the Armenian Genocide has created a generation of insecure self-haters with victim mentalities in the diaspora. Insecure nations that beg at the feet of others can never accomplish anything in realpolitik. Our idiots still talk about justice and international law being with Armenians. Well, that's fine and good, but as long as you don't have the military and financial power to push your weight around you are worthless in the eyes on the international community. Anyway, I simply happened to come across the well known Sarikamish battle some time ago on the internet and I was waiting for an appropriate time to post it. For your information, two very significant books were recently translated into English. The two books in question are the biographies of general Andranik Ozanian and general Drastamad Kanayan by Andranik Chelebian. These are historically very significant scholarly works. A treasure trove of information. Moreover, they recount in detail many of the important military operations and battles in the region at the time.
    Excellent, commendable, and honest post!

Comment

The Battle of Sarikamish

Russian-Armenian trenches in the forests of Sarikamish

Photo said to be of the 4th battalion of the Armenian volunteers engaged at strategic Barduz Pass

Very interesting article. I had read about that battle a long time ago but had forgotten about it. Thank you for rekindling memories.

I noticed in the photos you posted the rifles used by our combattants. These are Mosin rifles. Most Armenians know little about this rifle which was used by Armenian fedayis during World war I, Armenian soldiers in the red army during WWII and even by the defenders of Artsakh (in the early stages of the conflict) during the late eighties and early nineties.

Named after its inventor Sergei Ivanovich Mosin, this rifle entered service with the Tsarist Army of Russia in 1891. Production continued even after the end of WWII. Approximately 37 million rifles were produced. Many are still in service with various military and paramilitary forces in the world. It is believed that there are still hundreds of thousands (and even millions) in storage in various parts of Russia for use and distribution in case of....
      Hundreds of thousands of Mosin rifles are in civilian hands in Europe and North America as hunting rifles and collector's guns. I bought one Mosin rifle a few years ago. I keep it in my closet in memory of all the Armenian fighters who made this firearm their best friend while defending their land and people.

More information about the Mosin: http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl03-e.htm

Last edited by ZORAVAR; 01-05-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Thank you for those references Armenian. It's essential to be exposed to this kind of stuff and I'm glad you made that possible.

Thanks Zoravar for the insight towards Mosin rifles. Another important detail I had never heard of before.
        Last edited by jgk3; 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
          Most Armenians know little about this rifle which was used by Armenian fedayis during World war I...
          Մօսին հրացան ձեռքերնին բռնած, թունավոր բամբուշդ կուրծքերնին շարած, սիրուն կուրծքերնին շարած...

Ձայն տուր օվ ֆեդա.

I beg to differ, comrade. The Mosin is immortalized in many Dashnaktsakan songs and historical accounts from the period. There is not a self-respecting Dashnaktsakan on earth that does not know the legendary Russian Mosin. I am also quite familiar with the weapon in question, I have fired one that was produced in 1939.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
            The Mosin is immortalized in many Dashnaktsakan songs and historical accounts from the period. There is not a self-respecting Dashnaktsakan on earth that does not know the legendary Russian Mosin.
            I noticed too Armenian , for example let me write this heghapokhagan song I know that uses it often,

Առաւօտ, դէմ արշալոյսին,
            Երք քաշած խումբերը, մեր կը ննջէին,
            Հանկարծ ներս մտաւ, կտրիճ գիւղացին,
            Ասաց ջան տղեք, մեզ պաշարեցին։

Այն օրուան քաջեր, արին զէնքերնին
            Շուտով վազեցին իրենք դիրքերնին,
            Գորաց մօսինը, Գէորք Չաւուշին,
            Որ խրախուսեց իր ընկերներին։

Տղեք, ջան տղեք, մի խնայեք թուրքին
            Գետին բրեցեք, թուրք մեծ պէտերին,
            Տուեք մօսինը, հայոց մարտիկին,
            Որ խրախուսէ իր ընկերներին։

The song here (Karnig Sarkissian) and here.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
              Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is not one to throw his words to the wind. On May 9 2008 Putin pledged to transform Russia into a financial world leader, saying: “I will work to make Russia one of the main financial centres in the world.” Thus if money is what makes the world go ’round, Putin’s pledge to make Russia a center of world finance could very likely give the Zionist international bankers some good healthy competition. And for us all — an alternative to the Zionist world wide agenda…
              Amen.

I have been closely following Russia's comeback since Vladimir Putin rose to power in Y2K. During Russia's rapid rise out of Yeltsin's western inspired hellhole the western news media all but ignored Russia, seldom would one find an article on Russia unless there was some major nasty occurrence that warranted some coverage. This abruptly changed once Moscow decided it would have to kick the shit out of Washington's pathetic little street whore in Tbilisi. Ever since the Russian-Georgian war last August, and especially after the onset of the economic crisis in the West, not a week passes that the major news media outlets in America don't feature a major report on Russia's economic and/or political woes. They are doing this simply to form/shape/manipulate public opinion. Despite what they are trying to sell the sheeple via the controlled news press Russia today has the potential for becoming 'the' global leader of the 21st century. In my opinion, Moscow will manage to do this within the next several decades. The secret to their global success relies on four fundamental geostrategic factors noted below:

1) Military deterrence

2) Development of good relations with China

3) Protection and efficient utilization of their vast natural resources

4) Establishment of friendly buffer states

During the past several years all four factors mentioned above have been moving in a forward direction with great speed except for number 4. While the Caucasus and eastern Asia have been secured by Moscow by a series of diplomatic, economic and military actions, the establishment of Russia-friendly states in Central Asia and Eastern Europe, however, has proven to be a bit difficult; but not impossible. Ukraine in Europe and Kazakhstan in Central Asia play key roles in this equation and both nations are being worked on diligently by Moscow. The West knows this well. Thus, their panic, especially now that they are economically and militarily weakened. This is also the reason why the West is currently placing its emphasis and hopes on key Eastern European and Central Asian nations. Despite the global economic woes, keep your eyes on Russia.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

1) Military deterrence
                Russia wants warships stationed around the world

Russia's military leaders approved a plan by the navy on Sunday to station warships permanently in friendly ports across the globe. Underfunded since the 1991 break up of the Soviet Union, the Russian navy has been reasserting itself over the last year by chasing Somali pirates around the coast of east Africa and steaming across the Atlantic to visit allies in South America. "The General Staff has given its position on this issue and it fully supports the position of the (Navy's) main committee," deputy chief of staff Colonel-General Anatoly Nogovitsyn told RIA Novosti news agency. A resurgent navy has become central to a strategy for Russia -- which enjoyed a decade of economic revival from 1998 -- to project itself in foreign affairs. In August a Russian diplomat said the navy was to make more use of a Syrian Mediterranean Sea port. Last month a Russian warship cruised off Cuba after visiting South America for the first time since 1991. Nogovitsyn said Russia was directly negotiating with foreign governments to station warships at bases around the world permanently, although he declined to give exact details. "Nobody can predict where problems could flare up," he said. "What we need are permanent bases, but these are very costly. They need to be considered very carefully." RIA Novosti wrote that the Russian navy was already in negotiations to build a permanent Black Sea Port in the Russia-backed breakaway Georgian region of Abkhazia.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/world...5031OB20090104

2) Development of good relations with China
                Senior Chinese, Russian military officials hold first-ever talks via direct phone link

Chen Bingde, chief of General Staff of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China and his Russian counterpart Nikolay Makarov held their first-ever conversation via direct phone link on Monday. Both military leaders hailed the successful launch of the direct phone link. Chen said the launch of the direct phone link between the two countries' chiefs of general staff is another important measure for deepening pragmatic cooperation between Chinese and Russian militaries and another showcase of the tow countries' mutual political trust and strategic cooperation. The direct phone link will help the two sides maintain timely communication on significant issues such as the exchange and cooperation between the armies and exchange views and collaborate stances in time on international and regional affairs, so as to promote the exchange and cooperation between the two militaries, Chen added. For his part, Makarov said the launch of the direct phone link once more showcased the high-level of the China-Russia strategic partnership and the two countries' military ties. He expressed his willingness to work with the Chinese side to keep frequent exchanges on the two armies' cooperation and other important issues in order to push forward their military ties. The two leaders also exchanged views on international and regional situation, bilateral relations, and other issues of common concern.

Source: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_10575726.htm

3) Protection and efficient utilization of their vast natural resources
                Russia, the world's second-largest oil producer, sees energy as a key foreign policy tool.

A vast state-run energy conglomerate has been assembled over the past year, some experts say, to fuel Russia's bid to revive Soviet-style great power status. To date, the Kremlin has effectively renationalized almost a third of the formerly private oil-and-gas sector. Other developments also point to growing state ambitions:

• A $15-billion Siberian pipeline, due to begin pumping in 2008, will shift Russian crude exports to Asia, particularly China, where Moscow is cultivating fresh strategic relationships.

• A 737-mile gas line being laid under the Baltic Sea will cut out middlemen Ukraine and Poland, whose relations with Moscow have recently soured, while locking in Russia as Western Europe's key energy supplier.

• State-run Gazprom has teamed up with several foreign partners to develop a vast Barents Sea gas field whose production, converted to liquefied natural gas (LNG), could begin supplying the US market by 2010.

• A long-delayed law on subsoil resources, to be passed by the Duma next year, is expected to ban foreign-owned companies from exploring or developing Russian oil fields and other key mineral resources.

"Amazing changes are happening swiftly, because Putin has understood that energy is Russia's key card to play at the international table," says Michael Heath, a political analyst with Aton, a Russian brokerage. "Instead of the military force the Soviet Union used to project its power, Russia is using oil as a major tool of foreign policy."

Russia is the world's second-largest producer of petroleum - about 8 million barrels of crude per day - which accounts for nearly 40 percent of the country's GDP. Spiking global oil prices over the past five years have wafted state budgets into the black, fueled a modest economic boom, and enabled the Central Bank to rack up reserves of $170 billion. But far beyond taxing windfall energy profits, the Kremlin has moved to take over the industry. Russia's third-largest oil firm, Yukos, was dismantled in parallel with the prosecution of its politically defiant owner, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, and its main production units gobbled up by the state oil company Rosneft. Earlier this year, the government took a controlling 51 percent stake in Gazprom, the natural-gas giant that holds a quarter of the world's reserves, and Gazprom paid $13 billion to purchase Russia's fifth-largest oil company, Sibneft. Sibneft, now effectively state-owned, moved this month to purchase a 25 percent stake in the huge Lopukhov oil field, on Russia's Pacific coast, formerly held by TNK-BP, a Russian-British joint venture.

"Now the state directly controls about 30 percent of petroleum production in Russia and the big question is, how much more will it take?" says Valery Nesterov, an energy expert with Troika Dialogue, a Russian investment bank. "This is a big cause of concern for Russian and foreign oil investors."

In the short run, the Kremlin's oil grab may have damaged Russia's energy prospects, Mr. Nesterov says. Growth in oil production has plunged from an average 9 percent in Putin's early years to just 3 percent this year. Exploration has virtually ground to a halt, as both foreign and domestic investors wait to see what the new rules of the game will be. Inner-Kremlin squabbling appears to have halted a planned merger between Gazprom and Rosneft that would have created a gargantuan state-run petroleum conglomerate. Tightened state control could prove good news for foreign investors who want a piece of Russia's oil pie but don't insist on controlling rights. Up to 49 percent of Rosneft may soon be sold to outside investors, to raise cash to repay $7.5 billion the state borrowed to acquire a majority stake in Gazprom. Curbs on foreigners seeking to buy shares in Gazprom will also soon be lifted, experts say.

"The new rule is that not less than 50 percent must belong to the state," says Nikolai Nikitin, editor of Neftegazovaya Vertikal, a Russian petroleum industry journal. "No longer will private companies be allowed to get fat from Russia's mineral resources."

Experts say the Kremlin aims to blunt international criticism of its takeover of the energy sector by offering a few symbolic management positions to prominent foreigners such as former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder, who has reportedly agreed to head the new North European gas pipeline project, which will carry Russian gas directly to Germany. Earlier this month, Putin personally offered former US Secretary of Commerce Donald Evans the post of Rosneft chairman, a job Mr. Evans turned down. Putin has appointed some of his top aides to run the Kremlin's newly acquired empire.The daily Nezavisimaya Gazeta estimated earlier this year that seven people from Putin's inner circle now control nine state companies with total assets of $222 billion, which is equal to 40 percent of Russia's GDP. Some experts argue that the unregulated "oligarchic" capitalism of the 1990s brought on a public backlash and made the state's return to economic intervention necessary. "Many private oil companies were not serving the national interest, and those mistakes had to be corrected," says Nazit Boikov, an expert with the official Institute of World Economy and International Relations in Moscow.

Others allege that a new Kremlin elite is simply helping itself to Russia's riches, much as the oligarchs of the past decade did. "Just ignore all that rhetoric about returning resources to national control," says Stanislav Belkovsky, director of the independent Center for National Strategy. "A certain group of people are using nationalization as a mechanism to enrich themselves; that's the bottom line." Last week Kremlin economic adviser Andrei Illaryonovslammed what he called the transformation of Russia into a giant corporation. "The main outcome of this year is the formulation of a new corporatist model for political, economic, social, public, and international life," said the outspoken Mr. Illaryonov, who Tuesday offered his resignation. "Until recently, no one put any restrictions on me expressing my point of view. Now the situation has changed," the Associated Press reported him as saying.

While there may be confusion over the long-term domestic impact of Putin's policies, there seems little doubt that direct control over Russia's vast petroleum resources offers the Kremlin substantial foreign-policy clout in an increasingly energy-starved world. At a meeting of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in mid-December, Putin pledged to ramp up oil deliveries to Asia, from the present 3 percent of Russia's total exports to 30 per cent by 2020. In a joint statement, leaders of the 10-nation group pledged to build a "comprehensive partnership" and boost trade and security cooperation with Russia. A new Siberian pipeline should start pumping crude in 2008, with early deliveries going mainly to China. "Russia has been seeking a more active role in the Asia-Pacific region, and it's been recognized that only oil that can facilitate this," says Yury Sinyak, head of energy studies at the official Institute of National Economic Forecasting in Moscow. "It's an open question whether Russia actually has enough oil to fulfill all the political promises."

If the Kremlin is demonstrating that energy supplies can be dangled like a carrot, it has also realized they can be wielded like a stick. Ukraine, which broke free of Moscow's orbit in last year's "Orange Revolution," was hit last month with more than a quadruple price hike for natural gas supplies - from $50 per 1,000 cubic meters to $230. Kiev has protested that it cannot adjust to such a rapid price hike, but Gazprom has threatened to shut down gas deliveries to Ukraine on New Year's Day if it doesn't comply. Ukraine announced Tuesday an agreement had been reached but a Gazprom spokesman in Moscow denied the claim. Meanwhile Belarus, Moscow's most loyal former Soviet ally, has contracted with Gazprom to pay just $46 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas.

Source: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1228/p01s01-woeu.html

Նժդեհ

Comment

"The Lord said - The people will welcome socialism in order to relieve the pain."

These are the words uttered by Pat Robertson, one of Satan's most popular minions serving in the US, during his 2009 new year message. One of the major icons of America's inbred, brain-dead bible-belt morons, demented Pat represents many-many millions of dangerous idiots in this country that associate themselves with the so-called Christian Right. This deeply demented, virulently anti-Arab, psychotically Russophobic and rabidly pro-Zionist fanatic has been claiming for a long time that he 'converses' with God on a regular basis and that his words are 'prophetic' as a result. And now he claims God is giving him political and economic advise... If anyone, demented Pat converses with Satan. However, my good intuition tells me that demented Pat converses with top government officials so that he can in turn prepare the millions of sheeple for upcoming political/economic events through his "prophetic" sermons.

Two years ago Associated Press reported that during a sermon Pat Robertson prophesied there would be a major terrorist attack on the US in 2007 that would result in mass deaths and destruction:

“I’m not necessarily saying it’s going to be nuclear,” he said during his news-and-talk television show “The 700 Club” on the Christian Broadcasting Network. The Lord didn’t say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.”

Was he simply talking out his ass or was he attempting to prepare the sheeple for a major false flag operation in the US like the one carried out on September 11, 2001 for the purpose of creating a pretext for commencing an attack on Iran which was being seriously planned at the time? Was his "prophesy" annulled when the Defense Department put off their attack plans?

Nevertheless, demented Pat has a few "prophesies" regarding Russia as well. According to him Russia is trying to put together an evil alliance to control the Middle East and destroy the sacred Jewish state. Watching this asswipe in action I don't know whether one should tremble in fear or pass out laughing. However, I urge you all to watch the video link below. This Apocalyptic Evangelical atmosphere represents perhaps tens of millions of abject idiots in this nation. A very surreal thing to observe.

Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson's Thoughts on 2009 - CBN.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5VrJmgzItM

Նժդեհ

Comment

Russian warships dock at Turkish naval base

A naval task force from Russia's Northern Fleet began on Monday an informal visit to Turkey, a Navy spokesman said. "Today, on January 5, a group of Northern Fleet warships led by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier and the Admiral Levchenko destroyer arrived at the Akzas naval base for an informal visit," Capt. 1st Rank Igor Dygalo said. The Levchenko will dock at the base while the Kuznetsov remains at sea. The visit will last until Thursday, after which the carrier group will carry out joint exercises with the Turkish Navy before returning to its duties in the Mediterranean Sea, Dygalo said. The Russian Navy spokesman also said that the large ASW ship Admiral Chabanenko was in the Atlantic on its way back to the Northern Fleet base after a Latin American tour that included visits to Cuba and Venezuela. He added that the Northern Fleet's Pyotr Veliky nuclear-powered missile cruiser was in the southeastern Atlantic and would dock in Cape Town on Friday for an historic visit by the Russian Navy to South Africa. Russia announced last year that its Navy had resumed, and would continue to build up, a constant presence throughout the world.

Source: http://en.rian.ru/world/20090105/119372877.html

Նժդեհ

Comment

Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson's Thoughts on 2009 - CBN.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5VrJmgzItM
                      I am sure his Zionist masters were well-pleased.

Seriously, where do these Evangelical xxx-lovers get off claiming that the xxxs are the only one's who are "God's Chosen People"? Jesus abolished that; Robertson (and all the other Evangelicals) seem to forget that after Jesus came "there is neither Gentile nor xxx, freeman nor slave". But, as always, these Evangelical types find a way to distort the Bible to their Zionist aims.
                      Last edited by yerazhishda; 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X