Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    Karo, thank you for keeping us updated in this thread.
    No problem Lucin jan, to bad I don't have time to keep it updated every day but summer is coming up and I'll have more time than to keep this thread alive.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      No problem Lucin jan, to bad I don't have time to keep it updated every day but summer is coming up and I'll have more time than to keep this thread alive.
      Thank you Karo, it is well appreciated.

Comment

Yea, Karo

I would Love to keep it updated just tell me the website where you get the news from so I can.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          Karo, I sincerely wish our friend, Armenian, will come back as we all really miss him.

Comment

Karo, I sincerely wish our friend, Armenian, will come back as we all really miss him.
            I wish he would come back too, the place isn't the same without him?

Yea, Karo

I would Love to keep it updated just tell me the website where you get the news from so I can.
            Different Russian news sites

Comment

Top businessmen not immune to Putin’s wrath

Prime Minister’s personal handling of the business conflict in the town of Pikalevo has set a precedent in the public dressing-down of the country’s top businessmen for neglecting their social responsibility.
              Yahoo StumbleUpon Google Live Technorati
              Scoop del.icio.us Digg Sphinn Furl Reddit

Vladimir Putin is well known for his heavy temper and the ability to lash out with his angry words. However, previously his involvement in conflicts between business-owners hasn’t become public news, with all the hard talking done behind closed doors.

Lately this has changed. Among the latest examples of the economic stand-offs solved by the prime minister – in the style of Alexander the Great dissecting the Gordian knot, and with painful consequences to the people involved – are the price-fixing scandal with aircraft fuel and the case of Mechel last year.

But even among such episodes as these, Thursday’s trip to Pikalevo stands out. Pikalevo is a small town with one big employer, a typical situation hanging over from the Soviet economy. Some time ago, the production line was split into three separate businesses with different owners. This eventually led to a pricing conflict, raw material supply interruptions, production halts, the sacking of workers and a mounting wages debt. The situation spilled over this week, with people denied both jobs and payment for their previous work blocking a major road in protest.

On Thursday, Putin arrived on the scene and gave a really hard time to all involved. He alleged that the blocking of the road may have been paid for in order to disrupt his visit. He said the new owners have turned the factory into “a junk heap”. He accused the governor of the region of failing to do everything he could to solve the situation. And he put the blame on the businessmen for holding thousands of workers as hostages to their “ambitions, lack of professionalism and probable greed”.
              After Putin stepped in, the indebted company managed to get a bank loan to pay the salaries in almost no time, and the parties resolved their points of disagreement and put the production line back in action. This all in one day, after months of stalemate.

More interesting is the fact that one of the people receiving the dressing-down was one of Russia’s most famous businessmen, Oleg Deripaska, who used to be the richest man in the country until the global financial crisis left him heavily in debt. The high-point of the show was Putin virtually arm-twisting him into signing a contract, which was needed for the factory to start working again. During the meeting, chaired by Putin, Deripaska was obviously unnerved, with cameras catching his every move and facial expression. Never before has a person of his caliber been publicly humiliated this way in modern Russia.

The experts are now confused over what this may mean. Was it the government’s signal to big business that they are not allowed to put their economic interests before social considerations? Will workers of the many troubled companies throughout Russia now be encouraged to take to the streets, expecting Putin to personally micromanage every labor conflict in the country? The situation resembles that of Dmitry Medvedev’s personal blog, which people now use, with a moderate degree of success, to report on injustices and the faults of local authorities.

Comment

Russian NATO envoy says Georgia continues militarization

MOSCOW, June 5 (RIA Novosti) - Georgia is continuing to militarize even though it clearly has not ruled out using force in regard to its former republics of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Russia's NATO envoy said on Friday.

"We have all the necessary information, including classified, about those who continue to deliver weapons to Georgia and at what volumes," Dmitry Rogozin said in an interview with Ekho Moskvy radio station. "This information is dispiriting."

Although he did not identify the countries involved he said that Russia is making bilateral contact to tell them that Moscow knew of the weapons deliveries.

Russia recognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia as independent states after last August's five-day war with Georgia, which attacked South Ossetia in an attempt to bring it back under central control. Most residents of both Abkhazia and South Ossetia have held Russian citizenship for several years.

The chief of the Russian General Staff, Gen. Nikolai Makarov, said on Friday that Georgia is now armed far better than it was when it attacked South Ossetia.

"The events in Georgia have seriously changed the situation in the south of our country and many aspects of world politics. Today, the Georgian Armed Forces have far more military hardware and weapons than they had at the moment of the beginning of their aggression last August," Makarov said.

Under mutual assistance treaties signed last November, Russia pledged to help Abkhazia and South Ossetia protect their borders, and the signatories granted each other the right to set up military bases in their respective territories.

At the time, Makarov said the Russian military bases in each republic would be fully staffed with 3,700 personnel by the end of 2009.

Comment

Ukraine accuses Russia of monopolizing nuclear fuel market

18:0905/06/2009

KIEV, June 5 (RIA Novosti) - The Ukrainian president on Friday accused Russia of seeking to monopolize the international nuclear fuel market.

"Our partners... are currently working actively to monopolize the uranium enrichment services market. This approach toward nuclear issues is in effect a repetition of the natural gas blackmail scenario that we saw in January," Viktor Yushchenko said.

Ukraine's four nuclear power plants generated over 90,000 GWh in 2008. The country mines uranium, but has no industrial capacity for its enrichment.

All of Ukraine's nuclear fuel is imported from Russia under an agreement that expires in 2010.

Yushchenko criticized the Ukrainian government for failing to draw lessons from the recent gas crisis and for "repeating their mistakes now in the nuclear power sector."

He stressed that the main guideline on nuclear fuel supplies to Ukraine should be "the principle of diversification."

The president accused his own government of engaging in blackmail and "backstage negotiations" in favor of Russia.

Yushchenko said the issue of diversification would be considered at a closed-door session of the National Security and Defense Council.

Comment

This is none of my business but yea, I have read some of his post, what happened to him.................this Mullah loving Russian trusting self proclaimed King who insults Armenians in an instant who do not agree with him and he considers his brothers in US all bunch of self hating idiots.

Besides that I like to see him back too. He knows his xxxx in politics and history and he does say a lot of other things that I do happen to agree with.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Much love from Serbia, Belgrade.
                      We are under occupation by west fascist countrys e.u. & usa, but with every day russian power is greater, and our days of freedom are near than ever.

Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X