Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

yep.

Comment

RUSSIA ANGRY WITH ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN AND MOLDOVA OVER NATO
      4/22/09

Russian parliamentarians on April 22 targeted fellow Commonwealth of Independent States members Moldova, Azerbaijan and Armenia for agreeing to participate in May 6 North Atlantic Treaty Organization drills in Georgia, Interfax reported.

"The fact that Armenia is going to participate in them [the NATO exercises] is particularly baffling, as it [Armenia] is our partner in the Collective Security Treaty [Organization]," said Semion Bogdasarov of the Fair Russia party.

Moscow says the exercises will embolden the Georgian government and pose a threat to Russia. Adopting increasingly muscular language, President Dmitry Medvedev described NATO’s decision to proceed with its plans despite Moscow’s protests as "myopic and not conducive to establishing closer ties between Russia and NATO." He said on April 17 that Russia would take "appropriate measures" if needed, Interfax reported.

NATO, Washington and Tbilisi have been dismissive of Kremlin’s concerns. "These exercises are not a threat to Russia, to anybody else, and they’ve been in the planning stages for a long time," State Department Spokesperson Robert Wood told an April 21 briefing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Moscow is concerned over Armenia’s participation in NATO military trainings in Georgia
      22.04.2009 19:14 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Russia is concerned over Armenia’s participation in NATO military trainings in Georgia, especially, considering the anti-Russian nature of trainings planned, RF MP Semen Baghdasarov said at TV space bridge entitled “Armenia-Turkey: Progress in bilateral relations or geopolitical games of world powers?”. “As CSTO member, and military and strategic partner of Russia, Armenia has to refuse from participating in these trainings, like a number of other post soviet countries did,” RF MP noted.

According to him, Armenia has to remember that the West has never supported Armenian people’s interests. “A search for new allies is in process in Armenia, and Russia is upset over the fact. I believe Moscow has to review its policy towards CIS countries,” Semen Bagdasarov stated. He also added that USA and Turkey will never become friends to Armenia, and by losing Russia, Armenia may find itself in a difficult situation.

Last edited by Federate; 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I sometimes wonder what drug Armenia's foreighn policy is on. The last thing we need is to piss off the russians. I think we have given the russians too much of our infastructure but strategicly we are screwd wo russia's support. Maybe the Armenian government knows something we don't but it looks like a bad idea from my perspective. The only thing i can see that makes sence is the recent russian warming of relations with turckey and azerbaboons has worried the armenian government (rightfully so).
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Serjik is gone to Russia so we'll hear very soon that Armenia isn't participating in the exercise

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            RUSSIA ANGRY WITH ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN AND MOLDOVA OVER NATO
            4/22/09

Russian parliamentarians on April 22 targeted fellow Commonwealth of Independent States members Moldova, Azerbaijan and Armenia for agreeing to participate in May 6 North Atlantic Treaty Organization drills in Georgia, Interfax reported.

"The fact that Armenia is going to participate in them [the NATO exercises] is particularly baffling, as it [Armenia] is our partner in the Collective Security Treaty [Organization]," said Semion Bogdasarov of the Fair Russia party.

Moscow says the exercises will embolden the Georgian government and pose a threat to Russia. Adopting increasingly muscular language, President Dmitry Medvedev described NATO’s decision to proceed with its plans despite Moscow’s protests as "myopic and not conducive to establishing closer ties between Russia and NATO." He said on April 17 that Russia would take "appropriate measures" if needed, Interfax reported.

NATO, Washington and Tbilisi have been dismissive of Kremlin’s concerns. "These exercises are not a threat to Russia, to anybody else, and they’ve been in the planning stages for a long time," State Department Spokesperson Robert Wood told an April 21 briefing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Moscow is concerned over Armenia’s participation in NATO military trainings in Georgia
            22.04.2009 19:14 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Russia is concerned over Armenia’s participation in NATO military trainings in Georgia, especially, considering the anti-Russian nature of trainings planned, RF MP Semen Baghdasarov said at TV space bridge entitled “Armenia-Turkey: Progress in bilateral relations or geopolitical games of world powers?”. “As CSTO member, and military and strategic partner of Russia, Armenia has to refuse from participating in these trainings, like a number of other post soviet countries did,” RF MP noted.

According to him, Armenia has to remember that the West has never supported Armenian people’s interests. “A search for new allies is in process in Armenia, and Russia is upset over the fact. I believe Moscow has to review its policy towards CIS countries,” Semen Bagdasarov stated. He also added that USA and Turkey will never become friends to Armenia, and by losing Russia, Armenia may find itself in a difficult situation.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=30743
            Maybe they are scared because Armenia will train Georgia's soldiers to strictly and this will affect Russia in some way.

Comment

I belive that all of this comes from actions thus creating equal reaction.
              Russia views Turks friendly,helps Azeris,they hope 1 day Azeris join CSTO so why the hell cant Armenia have there own opinion in that matter,what do u think only russia has to benefit and have the control of everething?
              Serg has took a road that says Armenian Strong State first then Expansion,so all of it is bussines,now i dont say that he is saint,hes party is equa in coraption as every other party but the point is that he got an actual goal to reach that others dont have.
              Now Armenia has to play nice and smart to win,not all but as much as we can.

Comment

It would be a slap in the face were Armenia to participate.

Suppose the Gruzians did to Javakhk Armenians what they did to South Ossetians? No way should war criminal NATO be in Georgia for any reason....last time they were they brought weapons and armaments in.

No the Armenian government does not know anything we don't, there is no excuse and hopefully Medvedev sets things straight. It's dumb to piss off friends you rely upon.

Comment

I think that 2 thats why i say Russians did it to Armenia many times and how we react?
                  We sat"Ow well russia is a big superpower with her own intrests,no why would status quo help russians its all crap russian finaly will help as so if they like to take some gold with them its ok we would do the same"
                  Get it?
                  Whay we are always the good guys?Were is the respect that they have to show to Armenia?
                  What thats it?We name Armenia as only allie in caucasus and its all clear?They know from the begin that Armenia will be freandly towards other organizations.
                  Its matter of russian politicians that change seats and minds 2 fast and forget to quick.
                  We as nation never betrayed others.They have to think about it,u know some say Russians will sale thyer mothers for money,maybe its true,they never being stable from russian empire to soviet and now this,wow isnt that great?

Comment

The truth is that we have no alternative to Russia. We are in a very weak position with no bargaining chips. Should Armenia distance itself from Russia it will fall under Turckish domination and we all know what that was like. I hope something good comes out of this trip to Moscow. It is terrible to be in such a compromising position as Armenia is but things are what they are and all we can do is play the hand we are dealt. I still think all these developments of turckish/armenian dialogue and participation of Armenia in NATO exercises etc.. is a set up for something the big powers of the world are planning in that region.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                      I think that 2 thats why i say Russians did it to Armenia many times and how we react?
                      We sat"Ow well russia is a big superpower with her own intrests,no why would status quo help russians its all crap russian finaly will help as so if they like to take some gold with them its ok we would do the same"
                      Get it?
                      Whay we are always the good guys?Were is the respect that they have to show to Armenia?
                      What thats it?We name Armenia as only allie in caucasus and its all clear?They know from the begin that Armenia will be freandly towards other organizations.
                      Its matter of russian politicians that change seats and minds 2 fast and forget to quick.
                      We as nation never betrayed others.They have to think about it,u know some say Russians will sale thyer mothers for money,maybe its true,they never being stable from russian empire to soviet and now this,wow isnt that great?
                      Well said and I fully agree.

Russia looks out for its own interests only...........as should we. If this exercise puts us in a better position, so what if it pisses off Russia. They would sell us out in a heart beat if it was to their advantage. We must maintain good relations with Russia but must move away responsibly from their sphere of influence (I know many do not agree with this).

For now they give us this false sense of security..............the sovereignty of our State and its full independence must be Armenia’s priority. I my opinion NATO will never allow Turkey to declare War and invade Armenia.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X