Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
    Exactly, that is my point. As I said earlier, the reason for Lausanne, was NOT that the British and the French were demolarized as you said, but that they got what they wanted and in the meanwhile the Greeks and the Armenians were sacrificed to Kemal.

Same as above, the actual reason was not because of exhaustion, but rather they divided up the Ottoman Empire and got what they were after.

They were quite successful occupying Turkey for years. They also for decades held the formerly Ottoman possessions in primarily Arab lands. Was it not for World War II, they would probably hold it for much longer.

Yes, that makes sense. Would you agree that of the three peoples: Armenians, Greeks, and turks, that the turks had more power?
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I posted this on an other forum I'll post it here as well

I don't know if this is the right thread for it but what are we going to do about all of this? Haven't we(Armenian Nationalists) not learned enough from history to let it being repeated again?

in the 90's there was a perfect window of opportunity to take over the control of the country in the back round. What was needed nothing more than money. I'm not kidding you that's all that it needed to take over a country.

Let me tell you what I mean by that is when you control the economy pf the country you control the country it self. Why weren't people fro America doing what the Russians are doing today. Why are we letting the Russians take over our economy as a nation we can't have our economy being controlled by outsiders.

When you turn on the tv you see people talk about how bad things are, all those rich Armenians living in America. But where were they when they were needed and they could have taken the country.

Now what we need to do is stop this pointless bickering that is going on and start doing something. We can't do much about these protocols, how much we want to do we can't. it's all up to the president what is going to happen.

But what we must do is take over our country(not talking about a revolution), take over it's economy. Make sure that money is moving though the hands of nationalists Who don't only think about their pockets.

And I also see an opportunity in starting getting our lands back one way or an other. We haven't done anything to get those lands back. We talk about getting them back but we never do anything about it. We need to posses this land that is being occupied by our enemies. We need to go there and buy up land, houses, everything we can buy. I know it maybe sounds foolish but right now we can't do anything else.

So what we need to do is start buying parts of companies start investing i big companies little by little we'll gain ground and everything will grow as an snowball.

When I first heard the news I swore I would do everything in my power to destroy Turkey but I can't do it alone I need every nationalist to work towards that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Protocol signing postponed upon Armenia side’s initiative
        10.10.2009 21:13 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Signing of Armenian-Turkish Protocols was postponed upon Armenian side’s initiative, U.S. State Department representative Ian Kelley said. There are unconfirmed data that RA FM Edward Nalbandyan terminated meeting with U.S. State Secretary Hillary Clinton, a PanARMENIAN.Net correspondent reports from Zurich. Presumably, Armenian side failed to reach agreement with Turkey at the last moment. Hillary Clinton who was on her way to Zurich University returned to hotel.

Earlier, Swiss Foreign Ministry reported that Protocol signing had been postponed. It is unknown whether documents will be signed at all. The Protocols were to have been signed in presence Swiss Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey since Switzerland is a mediator in negotiation between Armenia and Turkey.

U.S. State Hillary Clinton, French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, EU Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana, Armenia’s Ambassador to Switzerland Charles Aznavour and Turkey’s Ambassador to Switzerland Oguz Demiralp have arrived in Switzerland to participate in the ceremony.
        It's great; but did it really happen?

Can you find a source backing up this news please?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          I don't know what protocols you have read but it is obvious that you are looking at this from a purely emotional angle which is exactly what you should not be doing. Either way, you are entitled to your opinion.
          I am of course speaking about the protocols that are written right above this thread, go ahead and read it once, twice and three times. Yeah I see you are mimicking Haykakan to label me as emotional, but before I get into an emotional state as you and Haykakan are lavishly labelling me; I have read and digested with all that was said in here and in the Armenian news. Make sure that you don't get emotionally involved to make your bucks after the protocols are signed and fully initialled.

I still find the protocols to be deadly for our nation and for Artsakh. Today is a day of mourning for Armenians in the Motherland and in the Diaspora.
          Last edited by Anoush; 10-10-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            Yes because we must use this to take over Turkey.

This is to every one, come together with your friends and family and all together collect money the half of it invest it in Armenia and with the rest go buy a business in Turkey. With that we can take over little by little the enemy. We must do what they want to do with us. Let's take over everything and move after a couple of years to Armenia and use the profit to build our country. It's time to get in to action.
            You are even bigermoron than I thought.....

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
              It's great; but did it really happen?

Can you find a source backing up this news please?

Thank you.
              Yes it was postponded for 3 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                Yes it was postponded for 3 hours
                Mukuch jan, I heard that it was postponed for creating games and fool the Diasporan Armenians. It was all a mean game. We could call hence Serje the turk and the second Vasak Syuni of our poor nation.

It's not enough I just lost "im sireli mayrige" and now with Armenia and possibly Artsakh too. It's doubly sad sad day for me.
                Last edited by Anoush; 10-10-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I hope they do it as soon as possible!
                  Additionally to the discord in the Republican party - the 12 parties that have united in opposition will also demand this most probably during the next rally on October 16, 2009 at Charlez Aznavour square in front of the Moscow movie theater. The discussions about this are ongoing (the oligarchic establishment will of course try to sabotage this), most are already in favor for this demand because of the October 9, 2009 statement of the National Front (which includes 60+ parties and organizations) that if the protocols are signed they will surely demand his resignation. By this time, Sargsyan is also scheduled to sign the protocols in Turkey during the Armenia-Turkey soccer game (October 14, 2009), as many have pointed out that day will include not one, but two (one utmost crucial) defeats by the Armenian 'team.'

Comment

Mukuch jan, I heard that it was postponed for creating games and fool the Diasporan Armenians. It was all a mean game. We could call hence Serje the turk and the second Vasak Syuni of our poor nation.

It's not enough I just lost "im sireli mayrige" and now with Armenia and possibly Artsakh too. It's doubly sad sad day for me.
                    No it was postponed becaus turks didnt like the Nalbandyans post signing declaration (statment). That why there was no declaration. Turrks won again.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      Yes, that makes sense. Would you agree that of the three peoples: Armenians, Greeks, and turks, that the turks had more power?
                      I think they had more "power" in a sense that, if we count from the time of the Seljuk Turks, although their statehood is much younger to that of our own (which has a span of many thousands of years), we had lost our statehood in 1375, and with it much of our political and diplomatic core. We were not completely, unskilled in diplomacy, however, the hundreds of years of foreign dominion with the accompanying lack of statehood and serious socio-political institutions cost as dearly in terms of making crucial mistakes that were played upon by the Turkish side during this period.

The same scenario in many regards is prevalent in Armenia today, because so far we have failed to develop a strong diplomatic tradition, especially when it comes to foreign affairs and now we can see how crucial of an aspect this is for the ongoing growth and development of a viable state.

Same can be said of the Greek policies during the early 1920s which included several errors that can be at least partially explained by the fact that although the Greeks did restore their statehood in the first half of the 19th century, in many regards, it was still a much shorter lived tradition in terms of the accompanying competent foreign and domestic policies. The mistakes made by the Greek side also resulted in territorial losses to the Turkish side.
                      Last edited by Catharsis; 10-11-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X