Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

I don't quite understand why any ARF member would take offense to what Armen said, especially since that is more or less the ideology of the ARF. Why not change things around in their life and make a connection with Armenia, no matter how small. Then again it's easier to talk then do, and most people are full of s*it.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

i dont consider the modern state of Armenia as my homeland, so i respectfully reject that notion of being 'armenian'.

my homeland is under foreign occupation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hye_Psycho View Post
        i dont consider the modern state of Armenia as my homeland, so i respectfully reject that notion of being 'armenian'.

This is ridiculous. Had it not been occupied/ destroyed, it would have been a part of the current Armenia today, it would not have been a separate "country".

I have heard this numerous times, from Western Armenians. This is regrettable.

Comment

Yeah, I want to smack you and all other Armenians who think this way.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            I have heard this numerous times, from Western Armenians. This is regrettable.
            Yes, this was what I was talking about. I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not, but his feelings regarding modern day Armenia is not all that uncommon, especially within the Armenian community from the Middle East. These people in question are more Kurdish/Turkish/Arabic than Armenian. As a result, they don't have anything in common with "Hayastantsi" Armenians. As a result, they look down on them. They consider all the Hayastantsi men crooks and all the women, whores. These people are happy being "spyurqahai" and would never set foot in Hayastan. As a matter of fact, they take pride in being called disporan Armenians. They claim their "Hayastan" is in Western Armenia, not the current "Russakan Hayastan." These disgusting people are not a majority, but one does come across quite a bit of them in the so-called Armenian crowd from Syria and Lebanon, particularly in the ARF community. I am from Lebanon, I have been involved in the Armenian community most of my life, I have been an ARF-er. I have seen firsthand these types of individuals, even amongst my relatives. Anyone here that says otherwise either does not know Middle Eastern Armenians too well, or they are full of shit.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

No, Mr. gul, It Was True Then; It Is True Now!

By Avedis Kevorkian, Philadelphia, PA, 6 September 2008

The world missed an anniversary--the 132nd--in May of this year. Which is nothing new, it has been "missing" this anniversary for 131 years.

I refer to the "massacres of the Bulgarians," in 1876. It was big in those days, and some politicians got their unmentionables in a twist about it. But, like all matters concerning Turkish atrocities, it was short-lived.

However, one politician--"Statesman," really, since he is among the last to truly deserve the title--did something. He was William E. Gladstone, who was later to take up the cause of another people who were victims of Turkish atrocities. Not satisfied with speaking against it, he wrote a damning pamphlet which "flew off the presses," and sold upwards of 40,000 in just a few days. It is said only the much-anticipated "Childe Harold," by Lord Byron, earlier in the century, sold more copies faster.

One writer, André Maurois, was to write of the massacres: ". . .the Turks, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. . .there was not a criminal in European jails, not a cannibal. . .whose indignation would not rise at the recital of what had been done." I am indebted to Prof. Vahakn Dadrian for that quote.

But, there was another writer who also noted the event.

Readers may get an insight into the workings of what passes for my mind, when I try to explain why I am, now, delving into history--and literature. Earlier this year--or late last year--after Ankara had successfully defeated HR106 (the ill-fated Genocide-recognition bill, which the Dummycrats in Washington mishandled badly), Turkey’s President Abdullah Gul joyfully announced the death of the measure by saying something along the lines of "We Turks would never do such things [Genocide], and we Turks have never done these things."

I knew from my knowledge of history that the Turks have always done such things. Over the centuries, they have, in one way or other, mistreated every one of the minorities who have had the misfortune to be a subject people. To their credit, the Turks are non-discriminating equal-opportunity murderers--they have killed Christians, Hindus, xxxs, and Muslims. But, I wander.

I recalled that Fyodor Dostoyevsky had something to say about the Bulgarian massacres. It has taken me this long to stop pushing the note around my desk and to seek it out. Give me a break, Folks, it's a long book.

It is the cynical brother Ivan Karamazov speaking to his holy brother Alexey, in "The Brothers Karamazov," first published in 1880:

"By the way, not so long ago a Bulgarian in Moscow told me," Ivan went on, as though not bothering to listen to his brother, "of the terrible atrocities committed all over Bulgaria by the Turks and Circassians who were afraid of a general uprising of the Slav population. They burn, kill, violate women and children, nail their prisoners' ears to fences and leave them like that till next morning when they hang them, and so on--it's impossible to imagine it all. And, indeed, people sometimes speak of man's 'bestial' cruelty, but this is very unfair and insulting to the beasts: a beast can never be so cruel as a man, so ingeniously, so artistically cruel. A tiger merely gnaws and tears to a piece, that’s all he knows. It would never occur to him to nail men's ears to a fence and leave him like that overnight, even if he were able to do it. These Turks, incidentally, seemed to derive a voluptuous pleasure from torturing children, cutting a child out of a mother's womb with a dagger and tossing babies up in the air and catching them on a bayonet before the eyes of their mothers. It was doing it before the eyes of their mothers that made it so enjoyable. But one incident I found particularly interesting. Imagine a baby in the arms of a trembling mother, surrounded by Turks who had just entered her house. They are having great fun: they fondle the baby, they laugh to make it laugh and they are successful: the baby laughs. At that moment the Turk points a pistol four inches from the baby's face. The baby laughs happily, stretches out his little hands to grab the pistol, when suddenly the artist pulls the trigger in the baby's face and blows his brains out. . . . Artistic, isn't it? Incidentally, I'm told the Turks are fond of sweets."

(Isn't that last sentence a gem, an absolute gem? That's the mark of a genius!)

Just think of the workings of the writer's mind--Dostoyevsky's that is. He wants to put words in the mouth of a brother who is trying to shake the faith of his younger brother. Does he use abstract arguments? He does not. He refers to an actual event, he refers to actual barbarisms perpetrated by one people on another people. Coming out four years after the events, the book's reference was fresh in the minds of the readers. And, therefore, they could relate to Ivan's argument, but also appreciate the basic goodness and innocence of Alexey.

And, also, forever give the lie to any statement by any Turk (and apologists) denying the inherent evil that is the Turkish mind.

Now, I can finally throw away the note.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                Yes, this was what I was talking about. I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not, but his feelings regarding modern day Armenia is not all that uncommon, especially within the Armenian community from the Middle East. These people in question are more Kurdish/Turkish/Arabic than Armenian. As a result, they don't have anything in common with "Hayastantsi" Armenians. As a result, they look down on them. They consider all the Hayastantsi men crooks and all the women, whores.
                Criticizing the unethical behaviour of some Haystantsis is one thing, but turning your back on the country because of this and saying it is not my homeland, my country is under foreign occupation, etc. is the worst in my opinion.

These people are happy being "spyurqahai" and would never set foot in Hayastan. As a matter of fact, they take pride in being called disporan Armenians. They claim their "Hayastan" is in Western Armenia, not the current "Russakan Hayastan." These disgusting people are not a majority, but one does come across quite a bit of them in the so-called Armenian crowd from Syria and Lebanon, particularly in the ARF community. I am from Lebanon, I have been involved in the Armenian community most of my life, I have been an ARF-er. I have seen firsthand these types of individuals, even amongst my relatives. Anyone here that says otherwise either does not know Middle Eastern Armenians too well, or they are full of shit.

Yes, I have heard it mainly from Libanahais.

Comment

you sound like my father... He's a Bolsahye and says Turkey is more his country than Armenia.

Comment

It is normal that some Armenians think that their home is not Armenia.

Today there is an interview of journalist Cenk Başlamış with Serge Sargsyan on Turkish newspaper Milliyet. Headline ; Yerevan : We have no territorial claims. I think that some nationalists will be disturbed due to this kind of explanations.

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/Dunya/Hab...niz%20var%20mi

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      I agree. Armen's work is crucially important for the political health and well being of the Armenian state. Without a healthy Armenian state there is no such thing as a Hai Dat. In my opinion, any money spent/donated in the diaspora is money wasted.
                      On most issues Armen sounds just like you. Karokha zuyq ekhpayrnereq?

Can somebody post the link to the site where we can contribute to Ararat Center?

Comment

Working...
                      X