Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    Is this how you talk about our heroes. Is this how you were raised, I spit in your face traitor of Hayastan. I thaught freaky was bad but compared to you is he a hay heros lagod. I hope for your sake I never meet you in real life. davadjan lagod
    After spending a few days by checking the previous posts, writing the new ones and getting the answers, now I have a clearer picture.
    At least a part of your people are willing to clean blood with blood. I'm hopeful that most majority of Armenians are looking to issues from more realistic perspective.

My second finding, mass majority of the participants are sharing a clear target. A greater Armenia, including a part of Turkey.

Under these circumstances, the only thing I can do is giving certain hints which may help you on your way to target:

- Do not trust others (especially from West). Take lesson from history. Do not forget that all the missioners who organized your ancestors against Ottoman State 100 years ago, left them alone in a big mass. They run away without looking behind. A lot of innocent people lost their lives for noting. Be sure that they will do the same next time.
    - You don’t trust Russia too. They are looking for a doormat on their way to South. After reaching their target, they will roll it and put a side.
    - Never underestimate your enemy. Read more about history (not only the beginning of last century). Learn more about Turkey. It is very different than 100 years ago. Not all the Turks are morons, stupid as you called. Nobody is living in tents here any more. Even we are driving automobiles. Do not forget that those “morons” are still here more than 1.000 years after too many attacks from outside and inside. Nobody is willing to turn back to Central Asia as there is no water left. They have only gas and it is finishing too.
    - Language is a kind of glue for the nations. You all have to learn Armenian. It will also help to keep those ignorant Turks out of your forums if you can write in Armenian language. I see that some of your posts are including Turkish words too, but almost all of them wrong in spelling. You might try to learn Turkish too. Just to understand your enemy in better way.

We are here and waiting.

Last word, once again, personally I’m deeply sorry about the thousands of innocent people who lost their life because of wrong decisions taken by Ottoman authorities at the beginning of last century.

Comment

Is this how Turks/Azeris interpret "compromise"?

...Government sponsored terrorism.

President of Azerbaijan: "Baku will continue the policy of isolating Armenia"

13 October 2008 [18:23] - Today.Az

Baku will continue the policy of isolating Armenia, until the latter stops occupation of Azerbaijani lands, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev at an expanded session of the government by results of the socioeconomic development of the country within nine months of 2008.

"Until our lands are under occupation, we will continue the policy of total attack against Armenia both in the diplomatic sphere and in the political, economic, transport, military and other spheres", said Aliyev.
      "Any cooperation with Armenia and their participation in any regional project is impossible until the Karabakh conflict is settled. We will spare no efforts for the further isolation of Armenians for them to realize what their future depends on", said the head of the state.

According to Aliyev, Azerbaijan is fortifying its army for the soonest resolution of the Karabakh conflict and $4.5 bln has been invested into the defense sector of the country through the past five years.

"Interfax-Azerbaijan"

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/48204.html

Last edited by crusader1492; 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatolia
        Last word, once again, personally I’m deeply sorry about the thousands of innocent people who lost their life because of wrong decisions taken by Ottoman authorities at the beginning of last century.

Look we appreciate the individual solidarity. But you have to look at reality. The reality is the governments of the "sister states" are hell-bent on destroying Armenia's statehood. This is not some vague hypothesis, it is very obvious to those who know the basic historical and geopolitical realities. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the basic facts (I'd go into detail, but you guys are not even acknowledging the basics).

You seriously can't be saying that Armenians need to be 'friendly' with Turkish and Azeri governments. If we do, we will be exactly like Palestinians in the West Bank- Peacefully colonized, statehood robbed, and completely subordinated.

Even if Turks were the friendliest people on earth, with a government like you have, there is no way our nations can ever be friends. And history has shown that when the government is friendly towards us, its for some type of underhanded motive. I'm sorry, but you simply do not have sufficient facts to counter these claims-- you can say all the nice things you want, it does not change reality. You are even acknolwedging many of the crimes, but you will not go one step further by asking "What would I do if that was happening to my people?"

Comment

Turkish MFA: U.S. may recognize Armenian Genocide in early 2009

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ There are four major issues which can cause serious disagreement between Turkey and the new U.S. administration, namely Cyprus, Iraq, Afghanistan and the Armenian Genocide, Hurriyet Daily News quoted a senior Turkish Foreign Ministry official as saying on condition of anonymity.

In relation to the Armenian Genocide, Turkish diplomats think the recent rapprochement between Ankara and Yerevan may not be enough to stop the Armenian Diaspora’s efforts in the United States to have the 1915 events officially recognized as genocide.

“Both Obama and Biden promised their Armenian voters to press for recognition. There could be attempts early next year," the official said, adding, "But we have already launched preventive measures. In our early contacts with Obama and Biden’s advisers, we were clear about the sensitivity of the issue."

Meanwhile, during a meeting with former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, visiting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan discussed the possibility of Turkey’s mediation between the United States and Iran and also referred to the Armenian Genocide issue.

Comment

Erdogan: Armenian Diaspora engaged in “cheap political lobbying”

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan once again offered Armenia to open its archives for a study of the events of 1915.

Back in 2005, the Turkish PM made a similar proposal to then-President of Armenia Robert Kocharian.

"Our offer is still on the table. Let’s leave it to historians," Erdogan told a conference in New York Columbia University. "We have opened our archives and Armenians should open their archives too. We have studied over 1 million documents so far."

Asked about Turkish government’s reaction regarding U.S. president-elect Barack Obama and his team’s stand on the Armenian Genocide, Erdogan said the campaign carried out by the Armenian Diaspora in the United States is not fair.

"I hope the new U.S. administration would take into account Turkey’s efforts. It is not fair to make a judgment upon such cheap political lobbying,” he said, Today’s Zaman reports.

Shahan Kandakharyan: it’s Turkish leaders who are engaged in “cheap policy”

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Edrogan’s statement that the Armenian Diaspora is engaged in “cheap political lobbying” makes one think, Shahan Kandakharyan, editor-in-chief of Beirut-based Azdak newspaper told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.

“The Turkish government is seriously concerned over the activities of the Armenian lobby in the U.S. as well as over President-elect Barack Obama’s pledge to recognize the Armenian Genocide. Actually, it’s conditioned by the possibility of passing H.Res.106 in Congress next year,” he said.

“The U.S.-Turkey relations do not have a brilliant perspective, which are mostly based on misinformation as regards the Armenian issue. So, it’s Turkish leaders who are engaged in “cheap policy,” Kandakharyan said.

Commenting on Turkish government’s reaction regarding U.S. president-elect Barack Obama and his team’s stand on the Armenian Genocide, Erdogan said the campaign carried out by the Armenian Diaspora in the United States is not fair.

"I hope the new U.S. administration would take into account Turkey’s efforts. It is not fair to make a judgment upon such cheap political lobbying,” Erdogan told a conference in Columbia University in New York.

Last edited by Lernakan; 11-14-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I've been bored and wanting to fight lately. Do you guys want a war? You know, just for like fun?

No conquest or nothin. just like a battle and then we go home.

Comment

Does MMA interest you?

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  Does MMA interest you?
                  yeah. i been meaning to take up boxing. i need to get a job first.

Arthur Abraham - tough Ermeni.

is there a sports thread?
                  Last edited by SoyElTurco; 11-15-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoyElTurco View Post
                    yeah. i been meaning to take up boxing. i need to get a job first.

Arthur Abraham - tough Ermeni.

is there a sports thread?
                    We have plenty of MMA discussions in the sports section, lets leave this thread alone and talk about martial arts there. I'll start. http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....194#post211194
                    Last edited by jgk3; 11-15-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Every heard of Hye Katch Do?

Me neither, but it exists.

Comment

Working...
                      X