Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Our cause of keeping the flames of truth alive will continue, until its light everywhere.Outside pressure by us to the Turkish government is necessary to at least give heart to the oppressed within ( whether its the people or the truth) Turkey.I believe it has produced results, our truth has the effectiveness of a drop of water that feels like a ton of bricks, when applied as Chinese torture, the truth is our weapon.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
      I don't know why we are afraid of dialogue, that is all it seem to stipulate, a dialogue that is not interdependent on anything else.Has anyone wondered if this is how the today's Turkish leadership (who btw are also the opposition)through this dialogue, will at least discuss and possibly adopt through its parliament certain facts of history, or am I dreaming.
      Considering they've been funding and teaching the wrong history to their citizens for generations, allowing an open dialogue to argue the truth would imply doubt. There is no doubt that a Genocide occured. The term Genocide in itself stemmed from the attrocities that our ancestors witnessed and endured. There is absolutely no doubt among Armenians or the vast international community aside from certain rogue nations which are committed to conceal the truth for power and political gain. The wealthy and powerful win, humanity loses.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        The wealthy and powerful win, humanity loses.
        Just like the Jews won and they are not letting us win any of our rights with their turkish co-habitants.

Comment

Hi people,

I was checking Armenian forums to see the reactions against the protocol signed by Armenia and Turkey. There are not many English-speaking Armenian forums.

Judging from what I have read here, I guess Armenians are, too confused about it. Aside from the ruling AK Party, others do not find it beneficiary since it does not directly mention the Agreement of Kars, nor does it precondition the solution of Nagorno-Karabakh dispute.

Personally, I believe the relations should be maintained irrespective of Nagorno-Karabakh. And if Turkey and Armenia becomes closes, it will be easier for Armenia and Azerbaijan to settle down the dispute in a more peaceful way. As for the genocide issue, I am not knowledgable enough to pass judgement, but even if it is to be accepted by Turkey it will take quite some time.

Comment

Well sephirosuy, you have to remember that Armenians are dealing with a society (Turkey) that still worships a man, that has institutionalized censorship of history, and that still has plans to wipe Armenia off the map, and has already taken some major steps towards this goal. Nonetheless, it is Armenia that is open to relations with no preconditions, but Turkey insists on ridiculous preconditions. So I wouldn't be surprised if we never have true diplomatic relations. As an Armenian I have no problems with this, especially when you consider the reasons I gave above.

If the illegal Kars treaty is what it takes to open diplomatic relations, it really won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
              Well sephirosuy, you have to remember that Armenians are dealing with a society (Turkey) that still worships a man, that has institutionalized censorship of history, and that still has plans to wipe Armenia off the map, and has already taken some major steps towards this goal. Nonetheless, it is Armenia that is open to relations with no preconditions, but Turkey insists on ridiculous preconditions. So I wouldn't be surprised if we never have true diplomatic relations. As an Armenian I have no problems with this, especially when you consider the reasons I gave above.

If the illegal Kars treaty is what it takes to open diplomatic relations, it really won't happen.
              Thank you ArmSurvival for your concise, truthful and a just answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post

What you say, Armsurvival, is partially wrong, while indeed partialy correct. Turkey is really undergoing a positive change in terms of its approach towards nations it has not been on good terms with. If you follow the agenda of Turkey, you can easily see that more and more people are talking about 1915, though it may not be on a satisfactory level for you. This protocol is a result of this change.

Actually, i would like to see more Armenians in Turkey. The Armenians I meet in Istanbul are really nice and warmhearted people. I geniunely wish that the Eastern Turkey should not have been cleansed of its Armenian population. I hope we get closer to each other in the short run.

And believe me, Turkey does not want to wipe Armenia off. It presents diversity in a densely Muslim region.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  CHP is the second biggest party in Turkey ...
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  Deniz Baykal: We will never vote for Protocols

“Turkish Republican People's Party never had a fundamental strategy, but the recent events, particularly Armenian-Turkish relations’ development made us reconsider our strategy,” Deniz Baykal, Republican People's Party (CHP) leader stated, Milliyet reports.
                  “If we start protests and rallies throughout Turkey, Government would not stand it for a day, it is our last warning to Turkish authorities. Our patience is not endless. Until Azerbaijani territories are not liberated, Republican People's Party will never vote for Armenian-Turkish reconciliation,” Baykal said.

“Prime Minister Erdogan promised Azerbaijanis not to open the border unless the occupation is removed.
                  Look at this bastard:

His only goal is to assist the ones in Armenia, who are supporters of the “Protocol”; by “claiming” that Turks are against it and therefore it is "good" for Armenians.

In fact this is done to ease the hard situation of their Armenian supporters, to enable them to pass this protocol, in its original form, through parliament. Because after accepting the AG worldwide, recently, the retribution chances has been more than evident.

Thus, if the Protocol is approved by the Armenian Parliament, Turkey will celebrate its complete and final victory over the Armenian question forever, which it couldn’t carry out for centuries.

But until the bill is not passed the guy will make a gesture that he is angry; as by lying and deceiving they always achieved bigger victories.

No, no, …………….. it can’t happen this time, when we have an independent country.

Now regardless of Turks dishonest tricks it can’t happen, no Armenian parliament member can or will dare approve it, the crowd of the AG perished, in no time, will drag his/her soul to the hell, next to Vasak’s one.
                  Last edited by gegev; 09-05-2009, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                    Practice makes perfect.
                    lol, liked it very much

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                      I don't know why we are afraid of dialogue, that is all it seem to stipulate, a dialogue that is not interdependent on anything else.Has anyone wondered if this is how the today's Turkish leadership (who btw are also the opposition)through this dialogue, will at least discuss and possibly adopt through its parliament certain facts of history, or am I dreaming.
                      You are dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X