Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    Armenian diplomacy dramatically fails to use such outrageous claims on their own behalve. Azerbaijan is now directly threatening Armenia herself, and we just don't mind.

We have even forgotten what happened in Julfa. We even renovate their mosques in Artsakh (I have seen it myself), and they are raising the issue of ''destruction of Azerbaboon heritage'' in the Council of Europe.

We must never give an inch of land back to Azerbaijan, we should have raised the issue of Nachichevan (which belonged to Armenia) and Kelbajar, a long time ago. This would have give us more diplomatic strength.

May death follow for those who are prepared to give an inch of our historic territories to the devils.
    The current ruling coalition in Armenia is already losing support as the days go on, also I think if they tried to give territory to the Azeri's then both Karabakh and the military of Armenia would refuse, alongside the Armenian's who live in Karabakh, the Armenian diaspora would also certainly put crushing economic pressure on the Armenian Government. The result: ruling coalition collapses and new elections have to be held. So if the Armenian government is smart they won't risk such political suicide.

Comment

I wonder how much of it is just Erdogan's B.S and how much of it actually real about them connecting Artsakh with Turkey-Armenia relations. I can't stand the way Armenia is sitting back and not screaming at the top of it's lunges about Turkey obstructing the normalization process and breaking the deals. Serj's PR department is single handedly screwing everything up.

Comment

Turkish PM again linked Karabakh to Armenian-Turkish rapprochement
        10.12.2009 14:07 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ AKP will not support ratification of Armenian-Turkish protocols unless progress is registered in Karabakh talks, Turkish PM said.

“If we introduce the protocols to the parliament today, they won’t not be ratified,” Recep Tayyip Erdogan said during a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama.

Erdogan called on Obama to press for resolution of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict. “Use your influence on both Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. If the conflict is resolved we can ratify the protocols which will open the border with Armenia in a very short time,” he said.

U.S. Congress may pass Armenian Genocide resolution if Turkey-Armenia protocols aren’t ratified
        10.12.2009 13:25 GMT+04:00
        PanARMENIAN.Net/ During a meeting with Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, U.S. President Barack Obama called for soonest ratification of Armenia-Turkey protocols by the Turkish parliament.

Obama warned that it would be difficult to prevent passage of the Armenian Genocide resolution in the U.S. Congress if the protocols are not ratified, Hurriyet reported.

Turkey’s ambassador to U.S. resigns
        10.12.2009 12:28 GMT+04:00

PanARMENIAN.Net/ Turkey's ambassador to the United States, Nabi Sensoy sent in his resignation on Wednesday, according to Anatolian Agency.

Sensoy's request came a day after the meeting between Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and U.S. President Barack Obama. The Turkish government is reported to accept the resignation.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I hope the protocols will not be passed by Turkey and the Armenian Genocide recognition will be very soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
            I hope the protocols will not be passed by Turkey and the Armenian Genocide recognition will be very soon!!!
            Fingers crossed !!

Then hopefully work starts on plan B.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

ive been thinking about the protocols and how Turkey keeps backtracking now and was wondering. I had read an article about a few years ago when i think Kocharyan was President. The article stated that Armenia and Turkey had agreed to a historical commission to look at the archives but then Turkey withdrew. Now i began thinking that Turkey didnt think Armenia would sign the protocols if the commission was involved and it would make Armenia look bad but when Armenia signed it Turkey became scared that the truth about the genocide would come out. So that is why, in my opinion, they began demanding Armenia get out of Artsakh, knowing full well we will not, for them to ratify the protocols.
              I think its Turkey just wanting to show the world, especially the EU, they want to normalize relations with Armenia when they really dont. Armenia knows this and that is why they signed the protocols because they knew Turkey would backtrack and Armenia will look good in front of the world. I dont know if you guys agree or not but thats what i came up with.

Comment

That makes a lot of sence. We will see what happens.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                  ive been thinking about the protocols and how Turkey keeps backtracking now and was wondering. I had read an article about a few years ago when i think Kocharyan was President. The article stated that Armenia and Turkey had agreed to a historical commission to look at the archives but then Turkey withdrew. Now i began thinking that Turkey didnt think Armenia would sign the protocols if the commission was involved and it would make Armenia look bad but when Armenia signed it Turkey became scared that the truth about the genocide would come out. So that is why, in my opinion, they began demanding Armenia get out of Artsakh, knowing full well we will not, for them to ratify the protocols.
                  I think its Turkey just wanting to show the world, especially the EU, they want to normalize relations with Armenia when they really dont. Armenia knows this and that is why they signed the protocols because they knew Turkey would backtrack and Armenia will look good in front of the world. I dont know if you guys agree or not but thats what i came up with.

The whole point of recognition of the genocide (from the Armenian side) is not to prove just a point of fact.

Recognition of the Genocide brings with it legal obligations including reparation both financial as well as material (land).

The protocols guarantee Turkey that these cannot be asked since the current borders will be recognized by Armenia.

Turkey got what they want.
                  Now they are fighting for their brother Azerbaijan.

The rest is playacting.
                  Last edited by londontsi; 12-13-2009, 03:05 PM.
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    The whole point of recognition of the genocide (from the Armenian side) is not to prove just a point of fact.

Recognition of the Genocide brings with it legal obligations including reparation both financial as well as material (land).

The protocols guarantee Turkey that these cannot be asked since the current borders will be recognized by Armenia.

Turkey got what they want.
                    Now they are fighting for their brother Azerbaijan.

The rest is playacting.
                    True, the information coming from the EU and US sides can be quite negative in regards to that. But I can summarise it in follows "Armenian's have no right to compensation or reparations, and they are not demanding them".

Of course the people that make these claims are possibly tied or friendly with German, Turkish or European banks that had accounts with Armenian's that were wiped out in the genocide and their money stolen.

xxxs are still trying to find their money after their holocaust too, yet foreign banks refuse to hand it back. In this wiki are examples of a banks withholding money, and after pressure handing it back:
                    Last edited by hipeter924; 12-13-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                      True, the information coming from the EU and US sides can be quite negative in regards to that. But I can summarise it in follows "Armenian's have no right to compensation or reparations, and they are not demanding them".

Of course the people that make these claims are possibly tied or friendly with German, Turkish or European banks that had accounts with Armenian's that were wiped out in the genocide and their money stolen.
                      xxxs are still trying to find their money after their holocaust too, yet foreign banks refuse to hand it back. In this wiki are examples of a banks withholding money, and after pressure handing it back:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gold
                      Demand for compensation normally comes from the side that has a grievance.
                      It does not come from third parties nor from the perpetrators of the crime.

The problem is with the incompetent and corrupt Armenian government who have become easy prey to outside pressure and manipulation.

P.S. I saw the pictures of Berlusconi last night and made a wish!!

Comment

Working...
                      X