Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia in the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia in the EU

I haven't heard anything about this. It would be good for Armenia if it joined the EU. And for the other caucasian countries too.

Do the armenians want to join the european union?

Re: Armenia in the EU

As far as I know, it doesn't. But, at least Turkey will never be part of Europe!

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա View Post
      As far as I know, it doesn't. But, at least Turkey will never be part of Europe!
      I think turkey will join in 20-30 years. And I also think it would be good for the armenians, kurds and so on. But I'm worried that while they reform their country, it will get islamist like iran, and that is not good.

However this is about armenia. I actually think you have better chances to join than the turks have. But if the turks or azeris join before you do, maybe they will disturb the armenia-EU negotiations. Althogh by then they are probably not as nationalistic, because the EU would never accept such countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianazeri View Post
        I think turkey will join in 20-30 years. And I also think it would be good for the armenians, kurds and so on. But I'm worried that while they reform their country, it will get islamist like iran, and that is not good.

However this is about armenia. I actually think you have better chances to join than the turks have. But if the turks or azeris join before you do, maybe they will disturb the armenia-EU negotiations. Althogh by then they are probably not as nationalistic, because the EU would never accept such countries.
        Why would the EU negotiate with the retarded Turkish government?

Comment

Why would the EU negotiate with the retarded Turkish government?
          Haven't they already planned it for 2014 or something? I believe the EU is trying to firstly reform turkey, and then, maybe, let it join in the future. If turkey gets industrialized the EU will get interested. The economy of turkey is growing rapidly.

This thread was about armenia though

Comment

Haven't they already planned it for 2014 or something? I believe the EU is trying to firstly reform turkey, and then, maybe, let it join in the future. If turkey gets industrialized the EU will get interested. The economy of turkey is growing rapidly.

This thread was about armenia though
            There is no way a poor country that has a very bad economy like Turkey will be part of the EU, and yes, Turkey's economy is getting worse again...

Comment

There is no way a poor country that has a very bad economy like Turkey will be part of the EU, and yes, Turkey's economy is getting worse again...
              Actually, it's growing. Last year the GDP went up 5,2 %. The GDP of turkey is almost $10 000. But in the future it probably won't be poor.

Comment

Actually, it's growing. Last year the GDP went up 5,2 %. The GDP of turkey is almost $10 000. But in the future it probably won't be poor.
                Well, I've heard that the EU doesn't want to add a country like Turkey to Europe... Anyway, back on topic, Armenia's goal is to have the Genocide recognized, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we have to join the EU or anything... and the things Turks always say about "Armenians thinking that their special because their Western civilization" or whatever is wrong, because we're not even saying anything about Europe!

Comment

Well, I've heard that the EU doesn't want to add a country like Turkey to Europe... Anyway, back on topic, Armenia's goal is to have the Genocide recognized, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we have to join the EU or anything... and the things Turks always say about "Armenians thinking that their special because their Western civilization" or whatever is wrong, because we're not even saying anything about Europe!

There is opposition against the turks, from for example the christian german government. It's not possible for turkey to join at least for the next 15-25, or maybe even after that. For them to join, they must for example accept the ottoman govermant did cleanse anatolia from armenians.

I think it would be very good for armenia if it joined the EU. But I have yet not heard anything about it.

Comment

Armenia would greatly benefit from joining the EU. The economy would boom, and they would have gauranteed military protection. The downside of this is that many Armenians might leave Armenia for other European countries if the economic boom lags, and there can be many unforseen consequences to becoming a part of such a vast union, although I personally believe the good outweighs the bad. The one obstacle to Armenia joining the EU is its reforms towards democratization, and the Russian influence over the country (they have a few military bases there).

Also, Turkey joining the EU isn't all that bad (though I highly doubt they will ever join). If they join the EU they will be liable under European law to pay reparations for their crimes and its subsequent cover-up of nearly a century and counting.

And Iranianazeri, the Germans aren't the only ones opposed to Turkey joining the EU. France, Greece and Cyprus oppose them more than Germany does.

Comment

Working...
                    X