Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Haykakan and Vrej,
    Lets not be like after "kisabats lusamutner" commenting people.
    Everything is not as black and white between Serj and Raffi. Youve got to look a little deeper than that. Both are patriots. But I think that it is not smart for supporter of one just throw stones on other and block all sences.
    Serj in my opinion was a benefit to us for his time. And that time will go on into second term because his opponent is Raffi, not LTP, Gago or Robert. And Raffi's time has come to be a benefit to us too, if he is smart enough. And that wil not mean Serj or Raffi, but what will go on between government and opposition.
    For your knowledge, Haykakan, I did not compare Raffi with Gandhi or Mandela. I just sayd that we need somebody like them. Who he will be, will show the time.
    Last edited by Hakob; 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: edited

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      Haykakan and Vrej,
      Lets not be like after "kisabats lusamutner" commenting people.
      Everything is not as black and white between Serj and Raffi. Youve got to look a little deeper than that. Both are patriots. But I think that it is not smart for supporter of one just throw stones on other and block all sences.
      Serj in my opinion was a benefit to us for his time. And that time will go on into second term because his opponent is Raffi, not LTP, Gago or Robert. And Raffi's time has come to be a benefit to us too, if he is smart enough. And that wil not mean Serj or Raffi, but what will go on between government and opposition.
      For your knowledge, Haykakan, I did not compare Raffi with Gandhi or Mandela. I just sayd that we need somebody like them. Who he will be, will show the time.
      Dear Hakob,
      I never said I was a supporter of Raffi.
      I must say I have a good idea about him, but I think I know a little more about Serjik, certainly as most Armenians...
      I know a bunch of his "qualities", taught have known much of his contribution in the Artsakh liberation, the reasons of his marvelous promotions... but all this time, had never heard anyone talking about his direct participation in any operation.
      If I am not wrong, he himself, never claimed any direct participation, something that deserves respect, (contrary to the likes of Nemetz Rubo lately .....), even if his servants like to mix archive footage of rear/HQ/interviews with frontline, to crate a "heroïc" aura since he reached presidency....
      Was just happy to learn something at last from our friend ....,

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
        Dear Haykakan,
        You seem to be very well informed.

Just out of curiosity, during wich fight/operation exactly Serj did "put his life on the line to defend our nation?".
        Not that I deny he did.
        But this is something I never managed to learn.
        In my last day in Armenia I met Vrej Melkonian, Monte Melkonian's younger cousin, at Yerablur cemetery. He had been part of Asala and the "Arabo" battalion in artsakh. In what turned into a long evening with two of my friends and a few surviving members of Monte's battalion, he mocked the idea that serj had served in the war, or that his service was anything comparable to the average fedayee who fought in the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          In my last day in Armenia I met Vrej Melkonian, Monte Melkonian's younger cousin, at Yerablur cemetery. He had been part of Asala and the "Arabo" battalion in artsakh. In what turned into a long evening with two of my friends and a few surviving members of Monte's battalion, he mocked the idea that serj had served in the war, or that his service was anything comparable to the average fedayee who fought in the war.
          Yes My Dear,
          This is generally the opinion among all participants of any section of the front, having actually taken part in frontline operations, in my knowledge.
          For instance, contrary to him, Robert did participate an AK in hand, in at least one operation that I know, when every man was a matter for us...
          But may be our friend will disclose new scoops today ???

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
            Completely agree with you. Also Hovannisian is following the same path all the other president elects took.
            “We had, as you remember, “president-elect” Vazgen Manukyan, “president-elect” Karen Demirchyan, in 2008 we had “president-elect” Levon Ter-Petrosyan, now we have “president-elect” Raffi Hovannisian. It’s OK, it is a part of political tradition in Armenia – the defeated candidate does call the elections “rigged” and declares himself a winner”, Iskandaryan said.
            Also all of them declared themselves the winners prior to the vote tally taking place.
            Iskandaryan is an old, rusted (he is an "advanced" USSR era "Armenian" that doesn't/can't speak in Armenian, because it is a second grade language: in his opinion) remnant/bomb of Russia left from USSR era.

And don't forget the AG denying book he published. He is too flexible to change sides; when profitable.
            Last edited by gegev; 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Սերժ Թանգյանի նամակը Սերժ Սարգսյանին
              10:04 26/02/2013

Հարգելի պարոն Նախագահ,
              Շնորհավորում եմ Ձեր հաղթանակի առթիվ: Հաղթանակ նշանակում է ստանալ ձայների մեծամասնությունը, իհարկե՝ ժողովրդավարության դեպքում: Հիմնվելով բազմաթիվ ՀԿ-ների արձանագրած կեղծարարությունների վրա, անկախ ԵԱՀԿ զեկույցի, գիտականորեն անհնար է թվում, նույնիսկ Ձեզ համար, պարոն Նախագահ, իմանալ, թե արդյոք ստացե՞լ եք ձայների մեծամասնությունը, թե՞ ոչ:
              Բավական ծիծաղելի է ստացվում, այնպես չէ՞, որ Դուք՝ Հայաստանի Նախագահը, ներքուստ լիովին համոզված չեք, թե Դո՛ւք եք ժողովրդի ընտրած ղեկավարը: Անձնապես ես կվրդովվեի նման պարագայում: Եթե ես ուզենայի ղեկավարել իմ ժողովրդին, ես շատ կուզենայի, որ նրանք ինքնուրույն կատարեն այդ ընտրությունը:
              Այլապես ես կտիրեի Հայաստանին և կկոչեի ինձ Հայաստանի Գլխավոր Մարզպետ կամ Դիկտատոր դե յուրե կամ որևէ այլ ինքնակոչ ածականներ՝ ըստ իմ այդ օրվա քմահաճույքի: Միգուցե ձեր կուսակցությունը հսկողությունից դո՞ւրս է եկել և օլիգարխների խավիարը վերջացել է, ու նրանք ցանկանում են, որ լավ ժամանակները չվերջանա՞ն: Ինչևէ՝ ժամանակն է փոփոխության: Ազնվորե՞ն եք հաղթել, թե՞ ոչ, ինչ որ կերպով Դուք այժմ նորից Նախագահ եք:
              Ի՞նչ է դա նշանակում Ձեր համար: Այո, Արցախը կարևոր է բոլորիս համար, և պետք է պայքարենք այնտեղ բնակվող մեր եղբայրների համար: Բայց ես նկատի ունեմ թե ինչպե՞ս եք պատրաստվում հայերի շահերը պաշտպանել Հայաստանում և աշխարհում: Ինչպե՞ս եք պատրաստվում երկիրը հանել այս տնտեսական, սոցիալական և քաղաքական ճգնաժամից: Օբաման թեկուզ հույս է խոստանում՝ չնայած որ հիասթափեցրել է բոլորիս:
              Տարիներ առաջ ես արշավանք սկսեցի՝ խնդրելով նախագահ Օբամային հետևել իր խոստումին և ճանաչել Հայկական Ցեղասպանությունը: Դուք երդում եք ընդունել պահպանել Հայաստանի Սահմանադրությունը, պաշտպանել երկիրը արտաքին և ներքին թշնամուց;
              Նրանք, ովքեր գողանում են ընտրությունները ժողովրդից, համարվում են ներքին թշնամիներ և պետք է պատժվեն: Ձեր պարտքը պետք է լինի այն ի կատար ածել, եթե նույնիսկ, ոմանց համար այն կեղծավորություն թվա: Դուք նաև պետք է նկատի ունենաք խորհրդարանի լուծարումը և լինեք այն առաջին հայ ռեֆորմիստ Նախագահը որը անում է ամեն ինչ համոզվելու համար, որ ապագա ընտրություններն արդար և ներկայացուցչական լինեն:
              Սերժ, նրանք ովքեր ինձ գիտեն, գիտեն նաև որ ես անարդարություն հանդուրժել չեմ կարող: Բազմաթիվ սփյուռքահայերի նման՝ ես միշտ վարանել եմ Ձեր իշխանությունը քննադատելուց ուղղակիորեն և հրապարակայնորեն: Բայց այն փաստը, որ ժողովրդի անհամար բազմությունը տառապում է ձեր իշխանության տակ կաշառակերության և անարդարության պատճառով, կշեռքի նժարները խախտում է բոլորիս համար: Դուք պետք է այս իմանաք:
              Հայաստանը անհապաղ կարիք ունի oրենքի իշխանության առավել քան որևէ այլ բանի: Ոչ մեկը չի կարող լինել oրենքից բարձր:
              Դուք կարող եք այն իրագործել հիմա, անձնական oրինակով և նախագահական հրովարտակով: Միացրե՛ք մեզ: Ոգևորե՛ք մեզ:
              Խնդրում եմ՝ ընդունե՛ք այս կոչը:
              Շնորհակալ եմ ժամանակ տրամադրելու համար
              Խաղաղություն,
              Սերժ Թանգյան

Comment

Serj to Serzh: Armenian American rock star casts doubts over Sargsyan’s election victory, urges change

American-Armenian musician, lead vocalist of the System of a Down rock band Serj Tankian has sent a letter to Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan in connection with the February 18 presidential election, in which he congratulates the incumbent on his formal reelection, but also casts doubts about the fairness of the vote.

In the letter Tankian, in fact, supports the claims by opposition leader Raffi Hovannisian, who was the main challenger of Sargsyan in the ballot, and now is disputing his election victory. The musician known as a staunch civil rights activist also effectively backs Hovannisian’s demands for punishment of vote riggers, dissolution of the National Assembly and holding of new genuinely free and fair elections as a compromise to end the post-election crisis in Armenia – something that has reportedly been rejected by Sargsyan.

“Victory means getting the most votes, of course, in a democracy. Based on the overwhelming reported fraud from many NGOs, irrespective of the OSCE report, it seems like it would be scientifically impossible for even you, Mr. President, to know whether you actually won the majority of votes. That’s quite funny isn’t it? That you, the President of Armenia are not really sure, deep inside, whether you are the true chosen leader of your people or not,” wrote Tankian in an open letter.

“That would really bother me personally. If I wanted to lead my people, I would really want them to make that decision for themselves, because I respect my people and that is their decision to make. Otherwise, I would take over Armenia and call myself the Governor General of Armenia or Dictator du jour or whatever moniker I felt like sporting that day. Maybe your party is out of control and the oligarchs are running out of caviar or something and they want to make sure that the flow of the good times doesn’t stop.”
                The prominent musician continues:

“Whatever the case, it is time for change.

Whether you’ve won fairly or not, somehow you are now President, again. What does that mean to you?

Yes, Artsakh is important to us all and we have to struggle together for our brothers there.

But what I mean is how are you going to progress the cause of Armenians, in Armenia and around the world?

How are you going to help pull the country out of its economic, social, and political dysfunction and turmoil?

Obama at least offers hope, even when he lets us down.

Years ago, I started a campaign asking President Obama to do the right thing and stick by his promise to recognize the Armenian Genocide.

You too took an oath, to the constitution of Armenia, to protect the country from enemies foreign and domestic. Those who steal elections from my people are domestic enemies that need to be punished.

It should be your duty to enforce that, even if some think it hypocritical. You should also consider dissolving Parliament and being the first Armenian reformist President who goes out of his way to make sure that future elections are fair and representational.

Serzh, everyone who knows me knows that I can’t stand injustice. And like most diasporan Armenians, I have always been reluctant to criticize your government directly and publicly. But the avalanche of people suffering under your rule due to corruption and injustice is tipping the scale for us all.

You need to know that.

Armenia is desperate for the rule of law more than anything else. And no one can be above the law. You can make that happen, now, by example and presidential decree.

Unite us Serzh. Inspire us.

Please take this challenge.

Thank you for your time”.

Comment

Unfortunately from the three Presidents none was a state builder or had leadership qualities as President to drive the country.

As comparison I have in mind Charles de Gaulle or Konrad Adenauer type of leaders, people who left a legacy to their nation at a particular time in history.

If Serj had any state building intentions or abilities he would have started from day one five years ago.

Instead after 5 years the latest and greatest idea from his administration is renting and settling toorks in Nzdeh country to graze sheep.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Unfortunately from the three Presidents none was a state builder or had leadership qualities as President to drive the country.

As comparison I have in mind Charles de Gaulle or Konrad Adenauer type of leaders, people who left a legacy to their nation at a particular time in history.

If Serj had any state building intentions or abilities he would have started from day one five years ago.

Instead after 5 years the latest and greatest idea from his administration is renting and settling toorks in Nzdeh country to graze sheep.

in 30 years, when the 1980s (Y generation) lead the nation, maybe there will be some real change, don't expect much from soviet-lived mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      in 30 years, when the 1980s (Y generation) lead the nation, maybe there will be some real change, don't expect much from soviet-lived mentality.
                      You want to rely on evolution for improvement to happen.
                      It won't happen through evolution that quick, because through evolution the said body reproduces “an almost identical offspring”

Relying on evolution may lead to destruction as well, “survival of the fittest” rule applying.

What we need is a leader who will drive and motivate that change.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X