Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

This is why I support Raffi. Because for the first time the "opposition" is not a fake opposition who stand for the same bullxxxx as the person being protested, like LTP or Dodi Gago were.
    That's all fine and good but you have to remember a few things. First he did not get the majority, so we have a declared president that we have to stand behind. Two what this guy pulled with demanding that they hand him the presidency is nothing short of an embarrassment! He took the county back a few steps to say the least. It is all fine and good to have your favorite candidate but lets open our eyes to some facts and get back to supporting Armenia. It's not that there are too many of us left, let alone ones that care. These opposition candidates all of them acted like clowns and this is the reason why they are not getting the votes. You may say what you want about Serj, fact of the matter is politically he has done a great job of giving Armenia a face lift, the others just dragged her down in the dirt for their own aims.

Let them do a better job of their elections and what they are telling the people. Let them work on getting more voters, and getting more support. LET THEM NOT DO WHAT THEY JUST DID AGAIN! Stupid rallies, unreasonable demands, sawing discord, and just making a mockery of Armenia's image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
      That's all fine and good but you have to remember a few things. First he did not get the majority, so we have a declared president that we have to stand behind. Two what this guy pulled with demanding that they hand him the presidency is nothing short of an embarrassment! He took the county back a few steps to say the least. It is all fine and good to have your favorite candidate but lets open our eyes to some facts and get back to supporting Armenia. It's not that there are too many of us left, let alone ones that care. These opposition candidates all of them acted like clowns and this is the reason why they are not getting the votes. You may say what you want about Serj, fact of the matter is politically he has done a great job of giving Armenia a face lift, the others just dragged her down in the dirt for their own aims.

Let them do a better job of their elections and what they are telling the people. Let them work on getting more voters, and getting more support. LET THEM NOT DO WHAT THEY JUST DID AGAIN! Stupid rallies, unreasonable demands, sawing discord, and just making a mockery of Armenia's image.
      Quite right. All the presidential campaign looked like a clounade, but it was still better than anything before. One question should be asked. Who can Raffi or any candidate rely on in building a campaign? Most of Armenias political force has been as corrupt as oligarkhs. Who can make a movement in a field of deletants, selfish burocrats, lyars, halucinating self worshippers ("eposaget", Patmaget" azgi prkarar", Azatamarti heros") servant minded generals, backstabbers, left over orphan politicians, sponsor seeking plip flapping ideologists, shady dedication, smiling machiavellies, parties with 100 Yr beurocracy and no country?
      I think that Raffi has to keep political pressure and activism like this, but safely, as long as it takes to filter new political entities out of the crowd, that can shape a miningfull opposition. If at all possible.

Comment

Hakob we had one Gandhi in the 20th century who else did a planet with 7 Billion human beings produce besides him? Political people are such that it takes this many human beings in this day and age, and all humanity has to show for itself is one figure.

As much as I like Gandhi, for Armenia he will be a disaster! The minute you lay your gun down you will be killed again! Yet some of you here have very twisted ideals.. If some of you are not careful, you will give Hayastan away for less then a dime. I don't want no stinking French super market! Were do you idiots think the money from the profits will be going? Away from Hayastan into the pocket of an Odar Oligarch! At least let the money stay with an Armenian! I'm sick and tired of having some of you tear down our Rich! At least they are ours! They spend the money on getting nice night clubs in Hayastan, not Lisbon, or Paris! And what the hell is the US embassy doing promoting a French firm? For the love of the people?...LOL

While Hayastan gets robbed blind, we have daydreamers waiting for Gandhi to arrive in Armenia!
        Last edited by Vahram; 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hakob we had one Gandhi in the 20th century who else did a planet with 7 Billion human beings produce besides him? Political people are such that it takes this many human beings in this day and age, and all humanity has to show for itself is one figure.

As much as I like Gandhi, for Armenia he will be a disaster! The minute you lay your gun down you will be killed again! Yet some of you here have very twisted ideals.. If some of you are not careful, you will give Hayastan away for less then a dime. I don't want no stinking French super market! Were do you idiots think the money from the profits will be going? Away from Hayastan into the pocket of an Odar Oligarch! At least let the money stay with an Armenian! I'm sick and tired of having some of you tear down our Rich! At least they are ours! They spend the money on getting nice night clubs in Hayastan, not Lisbon, or Paris! And what the hell is the US embassy doing promoting a French firm? For the love of the people?...LOL

While Hayastan gets robbed blind, we have daydreamers waiting for Gandhi to arrive in Armenia!

Sorry, Vahram. I don't agree.
          You are worried of French supermarket, while what we've got are some hungry oligarkh's face lifted robbing houses, where any shady, other countrie's rejected, poisonus products are swindled on our poor people with deceptive tags and info. Not to say the artificial shortages or price fixes. If you get your relative dying from some contaminated food from some Grrrzzo's market and you decide to act, you'll be put to your seat in 5 minutes. I'd think that if somebody protests any french owned market in Armenia, it would maybe get the attention of french public too. Also it would loosen some oligarkh's chokehold on food market and benefit the public. Money is going out one way or other right now.

Talking about Gandhy, don't forget Nelson Mandela. This man changed the uncheangeble while preventing wiping out whole white race in africa or bloody prolonging of aparteid. As far as I can remember South africa was going towards the road of bloodbath never seen on that continent. He did also very extraordinary thing for us, that I can never forget and pray for a long life for him. In his presindency Turkey awarded him with a medal of ataturk that's for peace or something. He sent it back saying that he could not accept a peace award from a nation that does not recognise it's own commited genocide. After that Armenian genocide was brought to light in Africa and culminated in establishment of Armenian genocide section in Rwandan genocide museum and many more structures. If the world looses him one day, it will be loss for all humanity.

But going back to our country. Yes... Maybe we need our Gandhi or Mandela. I am tired of would be Castros, Maos, Putins, Marats or Saakashvillis in Armenia's political landscape. I know that any one of them could turn into Stalin or Pol Pot.
          I don't know if Raffi could be our Gandhi, But we need people who love our country more then themselfs and, most importantly, have the infinite wisdom of Gandhi or Mandela.
          Last edited by Hakob; 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM. Reason: edited

Comment

don't forget Nelson Mandela
            Why would I even remember him over Martin? Let alone mention both in the same sentence!

You should have stuck with Gandhi instead!

Comment

Black on black! Come right back jack! Keep your hands off my stack.

By the way witch one is Pink?
              Last edited by Vahram; 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Raffi=Gandi? Thats the funniest thing i ever heard. Raffi is a typical american redneck politition-don't be fooled. Serj is way smarter then Raffi. Did Raffi put his life on the line to defend our nation? Does Raffi have militery experience? It saddens me to see our people being fooled time and time again by smooth talking polititions. Just because he is from the west doesnt make him qualified for anything. Some people do not seem to understand some basic stuff even when it has been explained a million times. So long as we have a capitalist system in Hayastan there will be oligarchs, monopolies, gangsters.. I dont care who is the president. Raffi is in no way better then Serj-NONE! What does matter is that we choose a capable leader who can use our resources effectively. If you want to get rid of oligarchs, monopolis and gangsters then you must get rid of the capitalist system. Raffi is not the answer to anything.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Dear Haykakan,
                  You seem to be very well informed.

Just out of curiosity, during wich fight/operation exactly Serj did "put his life on the line to defend our nation?".
                  Not that I deny he did.
                  But this is something I never managed to learn.

Comment

Why would I even remember him over Martin? Let alone mention both in the same sentence!

You should have stuck with Gandhi instead!

Thank you Vahram for this video. This exactly shows my point. I can also bring similar materials of atrocities commited by boers(the whites). And this is what Mandela prevented at a mass scale and brought both races together to a peacefull coexistance. There are things still happening, but not with scale that was predicted.
                    Now my thoughts do not imply Armenian/azery similar scene yet. LOL... I accept that soon or later we have to come to peacefull coexistence together, but right now because of turks behavior we have to be ready at all times to deliver the blows.
                    My thoughts in mentioning Mandela is about our internal strifes only. If this oligarkhy xxxx continues like this and situation is not corrected, I fear very much that blood will flow on the streets of Yerevan one day. And its becasue both the rullers and opposition give me the impression that given the right circumstances one side could be ready to cut the other's throat.
                    We need wise men and, we need to be smart enough ourselfs not to stone them. I don't care their names are Serj, Raffi, Paruyr or what.
                    I have a hunch that such men have yet to come, and every little step that paves their way I welcome.
                    Raffi's latest conduct( i haven't watched the news yet, and hope it has not changed) and also Serj's, give me hope that we are going towards right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Raffi=Gandi? Thats the funniest thing i ever heard. Raffi is a typical american redneck politition-don't be fooled. Serj is way smarter then Raffi. Did Raffi put his life on the line to defend our nation? Does Raffi have militery experience? It saddens me to see our people being fooled time and time again by smooth talking polititions. Just because he is from the west doesnt make him qualified for anything. Some people do not seem to understand some basic stuff even when it has been explained a million times. So long as we have a capitalist system in Hayastan there will be oligarchs, monopolies, gangsters.. I dont care who is the president. Raffi is in no way better then Serj-NONE! What does matter is that we choose a capable leader who can use our resources effectively. If you want to get rid of oligarchs, monopolis and gangsters then you must get rid of the capitalist system. Raffi is not the answer to anything.
                      Completely agree with you. Also Hovannisian is following the same path all the other president elects took.
                      “We had, as you remember, “president-elect” Vazgen Manukyan, “president-elect” Karen Demirchyan, in 2008 we had “president-elect” Levon Ter-Petrosyan, now we have “president-elect” Raffi Hovannisian. It’s OK, it is a part of political tradition in Armenia – the defeated candidate does call the elections “rigged” and declares himself a winner”, Iskandaryan said.
                      Also all of them declared themselves the winners prior to the vote tally taking place.

Comment

Working...
                      X