Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post

Did I say anything about LTP?
    Obviously not, but it was a good excuse to throw a jab at LTP!

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      Amrotz, at face value, ideally, I agree with you. Naturally, our strength, our potential, comes with our national unity. However, how would you expect to, let's say, work with a Levin Petrostein supporter, or an Ara Baliozian? The people who support these types of human garbage are diametrically opposed to anything that a self-respecting Armenian nationalist believes in. Sadly, these types of individuals constitute a majority in our people. Therefore, what unity, Amrotz? It simply can't happen. Such type of unity doesn't exist anywhere, even amongst Jews it does not exist. Have to seen how viciously Zionist Jews treat liberal Jews? One of the fundamental differences between us and western nations is that western nations have already eliminated serious political dissent in their nations and are now free to pursue their national interests without hindrance while they preach dissent in other countries. And we have many Armenian low lives today that have made it their life's purpose to propagate such national dissent. The fact of the matter is, the "unity" we speak about can only come about by suppressing/eliminating the worthless 'weed' that grows within our population worldwide. I believe that we can't have "unity" by tolerating or attempting to embrace the idiotic filth that exits in our nation. When we are able to somehow eliminate the worthless weed in our nation - "unity" will come naturally.
      Very well said, Armenian, I am sure you have read "The Rights to Struggle", anyhow, the combined knowledge of the Armenians on the left is in there. Even they state that "unity for the sake of unity, is a useless philosophy", again, this is a recurring theme that is waste of time to go over, people either get it or they don't, only one ideology will prevail over the rest.
      Last edited by Virgil; 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
        Welcome brother, you better get use to getting called a lot of names, categorized in groups, etc.

Try not to take things personally. We all are Armenian in here, even if don't agree 100% of the time
        You need to reread Armenian's reply, it makes absolute sense, you are taking this personal, but you have understand, opinions and ideas, they are as dengerous as any physical weapon. You do not understand the basic dealings of the United States, maybe if you read about the covert action and espionage that goes on behind the scenes to preserve the markets and interests of the United States, then, you would know where we are coming from, but you don't, you are living the illusion that the world runs itself, when in fact, it does not.

Comment

Amrotz, at face value, ideally, I agree with you. Naturally, our strength, our potential, comes with our national unity. However, how would you expect to, let's say, work with a Levin Petrostein supporter, or an Ara Baliozian? The people who support these types of human garbage are diametrically opposed to anything that a self-respecting Armenian nationalist believes in. Sadly, these types of individuals constitute a majority in our people. Therefore, what unity, Amrotz? It simply can't happen. Such type of unity doesn't exist anywhere, even amongst Jews it does not exist. Have to seen how viciously Zionist Jews treat liberal Jews? One of the fundamental differences between us and western nations is that western nations have already eliminated serious political dissent in their nations and are now free to pursue their national interests without hindrance while they preach dissent in other countries. And we have many Armenian low lives today that have made it their life's purpose to propagate such national dissent. The fact of the matter is, the "unity" we speak about can only come about by suppressing/eliminating the worthless 'weed' that grows within our population worldwide. I believe that we can't have "unity" by tolerating or attempting to embrace the idiotic filth that exits in our nation. When we are able to somehow eliminate the worthless weed in our nation - "unity" will come naturally.

To be honest with you I intend to destroy LTPs, Baliozians and all their kind, now and in the future. But not at the cost of hurting ordinary Armenians because they are what they are – they are ordinary people, brother, and they don’t deserve to be punished for being naďve, for being mislead and for being in a desperate economic situation. BTW in that light I believe that the Republic of Armenia should be different from an average country in that it should not cultivate its people like some sort of cattle to be milked for the benefit of the country’s upper class. We will have plenty of gastarbeiters from Asia and elsewhere for that purpose and tomorrow all of our 2, 3 or 5 million people will benefit from that as equally as possible. Back to the topic though: Frankly what I’m saying is - let’s leave our ordinary people alone and concentrate on destroying the traitors who have created this situation in the first place, traitors who are on the payrolls of foreign governments and criminal elements.

I disagree with you when you say that unity doesn’t exist anywhere. And it’s funny because you bring up as an example the J-ews and their state (Israel) where in my opinion unity not only exists it actually flourishes. It does so because they are a Zionist state and they pursue Zionist (J-ewish Nationalist) state policies with all its J-ewish citizens obeying like one. Can we also have an institutionalized nationalist state? Yes, I believe we not only can but we can do much better. Believe me, I keep my friends close but I keep my enemies even closer, so I think I know a thing or two about the xxxs (and the Turks too for that matter) in general and about Israel (and Turkey) in particular. No other country in the world has such a strongly cemented state nationalism like the J-ews of Israel have. And this is despite their never ending internal, low and mid level disputes and even out right hatred for each other (Ashkenazi vs Sephardim, or Soviet J-ews vs Israeli born J-ews). Turks managed to create an institutional nationalist state too and their unity is probably no less strong than that of the J-ews.

As I said, nothing is impossible and we can (and should) have an institutionalized nationalist state as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aray View Post
            HayotsAmrots,
            Yes qez het hamadzayn em. Erani te es qo chap hamberutyun unenai vor miutyat masin ays vochkharnerin das tayi, bats tsavoq srti hamberatar chem. Im kartsiqov es davatchan shnerin kam satkatsnela petk, kam el kztsrats pahel. Ukhekh chunen u lezu el chen haskanum. Ba petken ays anasunner@ mer sharqerum?

Array,

Du izures kartsum te yes hamberatarem. Azgi yev petutian davachaneri nkatmamb yes mi ahavor sarsapeli satanyem. Baits sranq voch azgi yev voch el petutian davachaneren vorovhetev sranq irantsits ban chen nerkayatsnum yev chenel karokh nerkayatsnel. Srants anune massaya, haskanum es, enker? Isk kztsnel petka mian lidernerin, yev drants het kapvats bolor shira tvokh, kriv qtsokh taptpuknerin.

Yes miutyan masin khoselis nkati unem ain qchativ mtavorakanerin yev yeritasardnerin voronq khapnvelen yev miamtoren gravel haka-azgainakan dirqer, irents hete vor petke khosel huisov linelov vor jamanaki het nrants metsamasnutiune kkaroghana khavarits durs gal yev irents luman dnel mer hamazgain payqari mej.
            Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 02-23-2008, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Now you have room to talk.

DEPUTY SPEAKER OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY RESIGNES

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 22, ARMENPRESS: Deputy speaker of the Armenian National Assembly and presidential candidate Vahan Hovhannissian resigned today.
              Addressing to the citizens of Armenia with the statement, Vahan Hovhannissian said that all this time he did not spear effort to keep competition within a constructive political debate and ask the citizens to make a decision for the sake and not against.
              “I tried to persuade our citizens that victory is possible. I failed. The ARF Supreme Body is studying all the reports from the regions, polling stations to make an assessment and afterwards a statement. However, despite this assessment I have made a decision. I resign from the post of deputy speaker of the National Assembly of Armenia,” Hovhannissian said in the statement.
              “Dear Compatriots, I urge you not to be upset and disappointed. I am with you and strong. Our struggle is a lasting struggle. I wish success to all my rivals and I wish the future president wisdom and determination for making such reforms in the country so that in the next elections the authorities will not rely on money or other resources but will be able to rely on political forces and trust of the people,” the statement said.

Comment

Armenian president accuses opposition of coup attempt

Armenia's incumbent president described on Saturday opposition protests against the results of Tuesday's polls in the country, which elected Prime Minister Serzh Sarkisyan its new leader, as a coup attempt. European and CIS observers described the February 19 polls, where Sarkisyan received 52.86% of the vote, as complying with international democratic standards. However, supporters of Sarkisyan's nearest rival, Armenia's first president Levon-Ter-Petrosyan, who garnered 21.5%, have refused to recognize the elections as valid. The opposition has been rallying in central Yerevan since Wednesday, calling for new elections.

"Our action will be resolute and sharp, aimed at maintaining stability and constitutional order in the country," President Robert Kocharyan said, adding that the country's stability could never be "a bargaining issue."

The outgoing president held three separate meetings on Saturday with chiefs of the country's police, Army and security service. He complained that the events in Armenia were aimed at creating tensions and regretted the absence in the country of "an important element of democracy," a culture to admit failure. Senior police officers assured the president that the police had enough capacity to neutralize provocations and maintain law and order in the republic. Earlier on Saturday, Kocharyan decreed to dismiss Gagik Dzhangiryan, deputy prosecutor general, who expressed his support to Ter-Petrosyan at an opposition rally on Friday. Meanwhile, the European Union and Washington have issued statements to congratulate Armenia on "competitive" presidential polls.

"We congratulate the people of Armenia on the active and competitive presidential election of February 19 and note the preliminary assessment of the OSCE's Office of Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) and Parliamentary Assembly that the election was 'mostly in line with OSCE and Council of Europe commitments and standards for democratic elections,'" State Department Deputy Spokesman Tom Casey said on Friday. However, Washington pointed to certain problems with electoral procedures and urged the Armenian government "investigate all allegations of irregularities, and implement steps to improve future elections." The EU Presidency welcomed "the genuine efforts that were made to address the shortcomings in previous elections" and called Armenia's elections "an important test for democracy." The EU also expressed concerns about the electoral process and pushed for further improvements "to address the remaining challenges."

Source: http://en.rian.ru/world/20080223/99937795.html

RUSSIAN POLITICIAN VIACHESLAV NIKONOV

Panorama.am. Mr. Nikonov you’ve done various political analysis on Armenian inner political developments. What do you think is there are only two major poles between Serzj Sargsyan and Levon Ter-Petrosyan and that the main struggle is between them?

Nikonov. The survey results which I’ve seen show that Levon Ter-Petrosyan is not even the second one, but the third probably. That why I can not say that he is a major candidate. I think that the elections should have only one part and Serzh Sargsyan will win.

Panorama.am. How do you evaluate Armenian-Russian relationship? Nikonov. I evaluate the development of our relations positively in any sphere. There is an integral mark on increase of economic connections and it presents the entire image. For the last years this mark is 68% which is the highest mark in 2007 (I am talking about trade relations). So there is a positive dynamic.

Source: http://www.panorama.am/en/interviews/2008/02/09/ikonov/

KOCHARYAN MET WITH PUTIN AND SAHAKASHVILI

On 23 February the President of RA Robert Kocharyan participated at the CIS country members’ non formal summit in Moscow. According to the press and public relations department of the president’s administration, president Kocharyan had a meeting with the president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin. Vladimir Putin expressed his thankfulness to the president of the Armenian Republic and particularly mentioned that “due to his support and efforts Armenian-Russian relations were strengthened in economical and in political aspects in the past recent years”. Robert Kocharyan also thanked for the warmest wishings and said “To evaluate the past years, we can accept that our relations were strengthened in all aspects. Those years were really effective for Armenia and for Russia as well.” Robert Kocharyan met with the president of Georgia Mikhail Sahakashvili. Armenian and Georgian presidents discussed several economic items and made some arrangements that those issues should be discussed in detailed. It is planned that Lado Gurgenidze, the Prime Minister of Georgia should visit Armenia for improving those economic problems.

Source: http://www.panorama.am/en/politics/2008/02/23/moscow/
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

On 23 February the President of RA Robert Kocharyan participated at the CIS country members’ non formal summit in Moscow. According to the press and public relations department of the president’s administration, president Kocharyan had a meeting with the president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin. Vladimir Putin expressed his thankfulness to the president of the Armenian Republic and particularly mentioned that “due to his support and efforts Armenian-Russian relations were strengthened in economical and in political aspects in the past recent years”. Robert Kocharyan also thanked for the warmest wishings and said “To evaluate the past years, we can accept that our relations were strengthened in all aspects. Those years were really effective for Armenia and for Russia as well.”
                  Source: http://www.panorama.am/en/politics/2008/02/23/moscow/
                  Robert Kocharyan has done very well for our state and he is going to be remembered as the best president Armenia had so far.

One of the most outstanding contributions of the president Kocharyan and his administration has been the strengthening of our Defense Force, our Police and Security Services. As a result today all Armenians can be very proud of the fact that we have one of the most highly trained, one of the best equipped and definitely the most highly motivated Defense Forces in our region and beyond. Our military and our government will not rest on their laurels and they will always continue to work very hard and make improvements to our Armed Forces and Services all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
                    Robert Kocharyan has done very well for our state and he is going to be remembered as the best president Armenia had so far.

One of the most outstanding contributions of the president Kocharyan and his administration has been the strengthening of our Defense Force, our Police and Security Services. As a result today all Armenians can be very proud of the fact that we have one of the most highly trained, one of the best equipped and definitely the most highly motivated Defense Forces in our region and beyond. Our military and our government will not rest on their laurels and they will always continue to work very hard and make improvements to our Armed Forces and Services all the time.

Indeed! Of the post Soviet states ours is in the top 5, and of the Caucasian nations ours is number 1!
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I have been watching LTP's appearance and his cheer leaders on the hyelur ( H1). I don't know, it might be available on YouTube. I suggest you guys watch it, it's a scene not to miss.
                      First of all, there were those people who were in LTP's accompany on the stage ( at top of them, a uni-browed clown called Pashinian?) and who were giving their incoherent speeches, second of all, I couldn't figure out what they were saying; honestly all of them sounded, utterly incoherent, irrelevant, laughable and classless at best, both by their gestures and speeches. And then suddenly the music goes and a 'woman' jumps on the stage and starts dancing obnoxiously, reminding me of one of those cafe belly dancers of Istanbul... By the way, is it true there were Turks among the crowd??

Anyway, they were pathetic, but I'm glad H1 did this converge.
                      Last edited by Lucin; 02-24-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X