Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    And this ordeal reinforces my conviction that most Armenians alive today are garbage. Just take a close look around you in California... virtually all of them, from Lebanon, from Iran, from Armenia, from Turkey, from Syria... They are all garbage...
    I don't understand why American- Armenians who perhaps hardly 'know' anything about the events happening outside Hollywood and Beverly Hills area, should meddle in Armenian affaires, especially such sensitive political issues?? And add confusion to the events??

Armenia cannot enjoy a relative stability and continuity on different levels (as she has been doing for the past decade), as long as that criminal clown and his cheer leaders reside in the country, and as long as Amerikahais meddle in where they should not be.
    Last edited by Lucin; 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with Armenian. This is a crucial and very dangerous time for Armenia. We all want those traitors dead and others who are involded to be punished. What I am wondering is what will happen after twenty march and especially what the goverment is going to do.

Will the current government have the courage to punish Levon and his followers or will they, under pressure from Europe, leave Levon at home or even free. The coup failed and now the goverment must have learnt an imporant lesson.

They must establish a strong Armenian intelligence agency whose main subject must be that of propoganda. Media is very important today and they must understand that. If the government has Armenian hackers under their service (they must create such a team) they need to take anti-Armenian sites like hetq.am, a1plus.com out of the air.

The least we can do now is what Armenian suggests, to contact the Armenian embassies and to send as many emails with the truth about Levon to our fellow Armenians.

Comment

I just called the Armenian embassy in Washington DC and expressed my support (as an Armenian-American) for the Kocharyan/Sargisyan Government.
        I also told them that those responsible for the creating this mess need to be brought to justice.

The response I recieved from the woman who took my call was a flurry of "thank yous"...I also felt that she was relieved that the call was from a supporter.

Comment

Please people, contact your regional embassies and councils and express your concerns and indignation towards individuals involved in this bloody fiasco. Levon Petrosian and his team cannot be allowed to get away with this crime against the Armenian state. Demand Levon's punishment. What's more, please realize that there are many English languages websites, media outlets and blogs are currently being used against the Armenian state apparatus. Use their tool of infringement - English - against them. Let them know what you think about this attempt at bloody coup d'etat. Contact your local Armenian representatives and express your sentiments. The coup seekers and their demonic followers are shamelessly claiming that over 80% of the Armenian population is pro-Levon. Don't let them get away with these lies. Don't let Levon and company get away with this crime against the Armenian state. Demand Levon's punishment.

Here is more information about last weekend's armed clash on the Artsakah border:

Armenian and Azerbaijani forces clash near Nagorno-Karabakh

Ethnic Armenian and Azerbaijani forces exchanged fire for hours Tuesday near the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, officials in the neighboring former Soviet republics said. Armenia's prime minister claimed there were «many deaths» among Azerbaijani troops, but Azerbaijani officials declined to comment on casualties. One local media report in Azerbaijan said that three Azerbaijani soldiers were killed. The clashes came as Azerbaijan's president, Ilham Aliev, issued his latest suggestion that his country could use force to regain control over Nagorno-Karabakh. The region is inside Azerbaijan but _ along with some surrounding territory _ has been under ethnic Armenian control since a 1994 cease-fire ended a six-year war.

Statements by officials on both sides suggested the fighting was heavier than most of the skirmishes that intermittently break out along a cease-fire line dividing territory held by rival forces. Armenia's foreign minister, Vardan Oskanian, said that Azerbaijani forces attacked Armenian positions northeast of Nagorno-Karabakh early Tuesday, wounding several Armenian servicemen.
          Serge Sarkisian, Armenia's prime minister and president-elect, said later that Azerbaijani forces had temporarily seized positions held by forces of separatist Nagorno-Karabakh, but that the ethnic Armenians regained control in a counteroffensive. «The enemy has suffered many deaths,» he said, without providing any specific figures. Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry accused the Armenian forces of starting the fighting. Ministry spokesman Ilgar Verdiyev said it continued in the evening and refused to comment on casualties.
          Leader, the private Azerbaijani television station, reported that three Azerbaijani soldiers were killed.

«Azerbaijan's army is giving worthy response to the Armenians, and we are fully capable of defending the independence of our country,» Azerbaijan's military chief of staff, Nasmaddin Sadihov, said on ANS television. Armenian and ethnic Armenian local forces drove the Azerbaijani army out of Nagorno-Karabakh in one of the bloodiest conflicts of the post-Soviet era. Some 30,000 people were killed and about 1 million were driven from their homes during six years of fighting that ended with the 1994 cease-fire. Azerbaijan and Armenia remain locked in their dispute over Nagorno-Karabakh _ whose separatist ethnic Armenian government is not recognized internationally _ despite more than a decade of efforts by foreign mediators led by the United States, Russia and France to help reach a resolution. Gunfire breaks out regularly along the border between Azerbaijan and Armenia and in the regions near Nagorno-Karabakh, often resulting in small numbers of casualties. The lack of a settlement of the region's status prompts persistent fears of a new war. Associated Press writer Avet Demourian in Yerevan contributed to this report.

Source: http://www.pr-inside.com/armenian-an...sh-r469992.htm
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Armenian and Azerbaijani troops exchange fire
            Armenian and Azerbaijani troops have exchanged fire in the contested region north-west of Nagorno-Karabakh. Armenian Foreign Minister, Vardan Oskanyan, has accused Azerbaijan of taking advantage of the current political turmoil in Armenia.

Oskanyan has demanded an immediate restoration of the peace. Azerbaijan denies accusations that it's the aggressor.

A war between the countries broke out in the early 90s, claiming more than 35,000 lives.

In a referendum in 1991 Nagorno-Karabakh declared independence but it was not recognised by any country. Though de facto independent, it remains part of Azerbaijan.

In May 1994 an unofficial ceasefire, mediated by Russia, was agreed between the two countries.

According to the Armenian Defence Ministry Azeri forces are using heavy artillery to shell the Armenian positions in the disputed territory. One Armenian has been killed and several others are injured. According to the Azerbaijan side two people are dead.

The Armenian Foreign Ministry accuses Azeri forces of violating the ceasefire agreement, but shots are fired almost every other day and casualties are not uncommon. However this incident has on a different scale as heavy artillery has been used, as well as encroachment into Armenian territory being registered.

The Azeris insist that the shooting is continueing. They also accuse the Armenians of deflecting attention from recent riots in the Armenian capital when eight people died during one night. They accuse the Armenians of looking for an external enemy.

Comment

...now what?

Kocharian said in the past that if Azerbaijan starts a hostilities again, his government would unilaterally recognize NKR's independence. Now, the Azeris can say that this declaration is illegal because the current Armenian government is illegitimate.

This senario shows how well orchestrated these recent events have been. LTP and the other enemies of Armenia may have intentionally put in play the peices to re-ignite the NKR war on a full scale level.

Comment

Qunem @dontz laver@, Levon needs to die and as soos as possible.

Comment

Comrade Tigranakert, I was told of this incident the very next day after it had occurred by a friend who had a nephew serving on the front lines in Artsakh. The following is what he sent me two days ago:

Im qroj txan Artsach-um e tsaraium, asum e, ais amenits ogtvel en porzel turqer@, es 2 or@ mi 30 metr dirqer@ araj en berel, 3 hogu el spanel en zorqerits. Ais ameni mexq@ ankaskats Robertinn e, vor es 10 tari HHsh-i verj@ chtvets, ev drants amboxj banak@, vor mijin oxaki pashtonnerum ein, aintex el mnatsel ein, esor irents tsuits tvetsin. Levon-in pahox Grzo anunov multimilloner@, vor asel er 1 billion talis em es sharzman@, ir poxer@ vastakel er Levoni zamanak Artsach-i krvi hamar havaqvats gumarner@ juratsnelov, u minchev hima lav aprum er, voch te bantum. Baits chvaxes, amen inch lav klini. Sra lav koxm@ na e, vor uzen te chuzen, HHShi kadrerits kazatven, ham el irents hamar das klini, mi qich zoxovrdi masin el mtatsen.
                  Translation:

My sister's son, currently serving in Artsakh, said that Turks (Azeris) have attempt to gain from all this. During the last two days they have brought their positions 30 meters forward and have killed three of our soldiers. Without doubt this is Kocharyan's fault because he did not eliminate the HHSH party during the last ten years... Levon's keeper, Grzo, the multimillionaire who had said I will give one billion dollars to this movement, made his money during Levon's time in office by steeling money that was being collected for the Artsakh war effort... But do not be afraid, everything is going to be well...

Levon and company as well as their supporters can never be forgiven.

The entire bloody fiasco in Armenia has been more-or-less a battle between Armenian whores in Armenia and Armenians from Artsakhs. If anyone does not believe me just read Levin Petrostein's speeches,or listen to his divisive rhetoric, they are all meant to divide the people into two warring segments - Armenians and Artsakhtsis. What's more, they are all mean to abandon every single national interests in the name of appeasement. This movement may be packaged as a so-called "democracy" movement but it's fully serving the interests of Washington and Ankara.

To hell with Levon. I want to see him and his team DEAD.

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                  //www.panARMENIAN.net// Azerbaijan made an attempt to make use of the domestic tension in Armenia to provoke a ceasefire violation in Mardakert direction, RA Foreign Minister Vartan Oskanian told reporters in Yerevan.

“The Azeri units tried to advance through the Armenian territory and seize a post but were rebuffed. Several Armenian servicemen were injured, 2 Azeri soldiers were killed. The skirmish is going on but not so violently. We have already sent a notice to OSCE CiO’s special representative Andrzej Kasprzyk and hope that the situation will settle down soon,” he said.

“If someone in Baku hopes to gain psychological dividends, thinking that we are too concentrated on our internal affairs, he is deeply mistaken,” the Armenian Minister emphasized.
                  Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just called to Armenian Embassy in DC and expressed my disgust against criminal actions of Levon Ter Petrosyan. Lady I talked to was very happy to hear my support and said that I can fax my message to Embassy. Here is the fax number 202-319-8330. I encourage you to send the fax to Embassy now. It will make a difference.
                    Last edited by aray; 03-04-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aray View Post
                      I just called to Armenian Embassy in DC and expressed my disgust against criminal actions of Levon Ter Petrosyan. Lady I talked to was very happy to hear my support and said that I can fax my message to Embassy. Here is the fax number 202-319-1976. I encourage you to send the fax to Embassy now. It will make a difference.
                      Will do now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X