Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

I think we have all forgotten who we are and what we stand for. There is no excuse or reason for the events of the last 10 days. I have no doubt that there is corruption in the present government and I also have no doubt that there will be corruption in the following government.

Everyone is talking about all the problems with Armenia. I think maybe we are a bit too demanding of our country and our government. I first visited Armenia 4 years ago and have gone back 2 to 3 times a year. I have seen the changes that are occurring in the country. On my first and second visit to Armenia I was blackmailed at the airport and had to pay 200 dollars to be able to get my luggage through. In the last two years everything seems to be improving.
    Yes the impotents are mostly in Yerevan, the villages and the surrounding areas of the capital of poverty stricken. Let’s be logical. Us, as Diaspora Armenians, would you visit Armenia if the capital was a shamble. We have to start somewhere. There are more intelligent and effective ways of making changes we don't like that brut violence. What ever the problems are I think intellect should rule not violence. This is not a mark of an Armenian.

Do not forget this is 17 year old country that is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Right now our country and people need us to unite and help in the development of our country. I cannot for the life of me how this destruction is going to help the development of the economy and how it will help the poor and struggling people of our villages to survive.

We as Armenians have been use to only philosophizing and criticizing.

I put it to you; we finally have our own country, instead of splitting it apart, let’s put our heads together and put it together. Only with a strong country and a united people, can we make a stand.

Let me put it to you in another way. How strong is one cat, if he is cornered by 1000 mice? If the public is unhappy, by sitting around the dinner table and complaining to each other, they will not make a difference. Take action. Make a stand. Your voice is strongest when it is united. This does not mean take to the street and act like cavemen. This means gather and make your voices be heard.

Armenians killing Armenians! Unforgivable, what ever the circumstances.

It is easy to hate. Hate is a primal emotion. From a people who have been on this earth for over 3,000 years. I expected more.

Each and every one of you, who have spent your precious time, voicing your opinions in this forum. I urge you to spend the same amount of time thinking about how we can heal these wounds and move forward, to find a solution. Not to spread more hatred and deepen the wounds enough to make our country and our people move venerable to our enemies Worth a thought. Don't you think!

Comment

The public prosecutor of Armenia has not excluded the possibility of arrest of first president Levon Ter Petrosyan

In Russian: http://www.regnum.ru/news/fd-abroad/armenia/967005.html

Comment

Ov vor es, apres. The depth you just revealed is over the heads of a significant portion of Armenians today... Yet Levon and his team have to be hated, they have to be punished. There is not other way out of this historic mess. There is no other way to heal the open wounds the usurpers caused. In many cases, Armenians killing Armenians can be very forgivable. At one time or anther, all nations have gone that path, including Jews Americans, Russian, British, etc. Why are we expected to be any different?

If the national organism reveals bad cells, cancer cells, the bad cells need to be eradicated for the longterm good of the organism. I have no problems with the deaths of Armenians who express rhetoric and/or actions that are a threat to the security of the Armenian state. The Armenian Republic must be placed above petty considerations regarding the individual.

Originally posted by Noosh View Post
        I think we have all forgotten who we are and what we stand for. There is no excuse or reason for the events of the last 10 days. I have no doubt that there is corruption in the present government and I also have no doubt that there will be corruption in the following government.

Everyone is talking about all the problems with Armenia. I think maybe we are a bit too demanding of our country and our government. I first visited Armenia 4 years ago and have gone back 2 to 3 times a year. I have seen the changes that are occurring in the country. On my first and second visit to Armenia I was blackmailed at the airport and had to pay 200 dollars to be able to get my luggage through. In the last two years everything seems to be improving.

Yes the impotents are mostly in Yerevan, the villages and the surrounding areas of the capital of poverty stricken. Let’s be logical. Us, as Diaspora Armenians, would you visit Armenia if the capital was a shamble. We have to start somewhere. There are more intelligent and effective ways of making changes we don't like that brut violence. What ever the problems are I think intellect should rule not violence. This is not a mark of an Armenian.

Do not forget this is 17 year old country that is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Right now our country and people need us to unite and help in the development of our country. I cannot for the life of me how this destruction is going to help the development of the economy and how it will help the poor and struggling people of our villages to survive.

I put it to you; we finally have our own country, instead of splitting it apart, let’s put our heads together and put it together. Only with a strong country and a united people, can we make a stand.

Let me put it to you in another way. How strong is one cat, if he is cornered by 1000 mice? If the public is unhappy, by sitting around the dinner table and complaining to each other, they will not make a difference. Take action. Make a stand. Your voice is strongest when it is united. This does not mean take to the street and act like cavemen. This means gather and make your voices be heard.

It is easy to hate. Hate is a primal emotion. From a people who have been on this earth for over 3,000 years. I expected more.

Each and every one of you, who have spent your precious time, voicing your opinions in this forum. I urge you to spend the same amount of time thinking about how we can heal these wounds and move forward, to find a solution. Not to spread more hatred and deepen the wounds enough to make our country and our people move venerable to our enemies Worth a thought. Don't you think!
        Last edited by Armenian; 03-04-2008, 02:04 PM.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, if you are going to enact a constitution, don't you think that you should see fit to recognize it.

Members of the diaspora contributed to the drafting of the constitution. It seems as if those in power were merely appeasing us and the international community by adopting it.

But, on the other hand, in practice, those that rule the country do not apparently want to give life to the RA's constitution and humanity to its citizens.
          Last edited by freakyfreaky; 03-04-2008, 01:42 PM.
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by aray View Post
            [SIZE="3"][B]The public prosecutor of Armenia has not excluded the possibility of arrest of first president Levon Ter Petrosyan
            I can only pray for his public hanging.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              Ov vor es, apres. The depth you just revealed is over the heads of a significant portion of Armenians today...
              Including you, Armenian. Definitely, you. You prefer and encourage totalarianism, censorship, civil war, and conviction/corporal punishment without trial.

If the state beats the people and then holds the stick over their head and temporarily strips them of their human rights, what room is their left to talk?
              Between childhood, boyhood,
              adolescence
              & manhood (maturity) there
              should be sharp lines drawn w/
              Tests, deaths, feats, rites
              stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Please get the various pertinent articles posted in this thread concerning Levon Petrosian out to as many people as you can. All you have to do is email individuals the link to the various posts found in this thread.

Example:
                Armenia Assaulted by Orange Agents:
                http://forum.armenianclub.com/showpo...&postcount=484

There is a relatively well organized and well funded campaign out of southern California and several English language websites that have been working towards discrediting the Armenian Government, inciting unrest in the Armenian Republic and encouraging anti-Artsakh/Nagorno Karabagh tensions. The harsh realities of the treasonous criminal Levon Petrosian needs to be disseminated within the Armenian public. I ask you to mail the above links to as many individuals, embassies, news papers, websites, organizations and churches as you can.

These are some the websites that have been partaking in this bloody coup attempt:

Hetq: http://www.hetq.am/arm/

Armenianow: http://www.armenianow.com/?lng=eng

A1 Plus: http://www.a1plus.am/amu/

Send these sites your messages of anger and disgust. Let's show these mother xxxxers that not all of us are deaf, dumb and blind to what they are attempting to do.

If you are upset with what's going on, get your asses active!!!

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Noosh View Post

You are probably the first person to talk about the experience in Armenia and mentioning villages and the surrounding areas. Over the years you saw an improvement, but for people living there, there is no improvement. Past few years all the improvement has been done toward favor of tourists, that only generates even more money for select few. The country survives on people from outside. Everyone depends on help from outside.

I completely agree with you.

And its intresting how every Armenian sees it differently. For example, people who have never been to Armenia tend to be more "Hayrenaser" then people who lived there. This does not nessesarly mean they don't like their homeland, it just means they experienced what kind of pigs are in control of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh
                    And NOW, they are trying to start military hostilities with Azerbaijan in order to maintain their cling on to power.
                    This is exactly what azeri tirks say. Amot qez amot.

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                      Including you, Armenian. Definitely, you. You prefer and encourage totalarianism, censorship, civil war, and conviction/corporal punishment without trial.

If the state beats the people and then holds the stick over their head and temporarily strips them of their human rights, what room is their left to talk?

His a xxxxing hypocrite. He gets happy that opposition (So he calls pro-western ) news stations have been shut down. I just said the other day, people outside of Yerevan do not know whats going on in the capitol!!!

Then he complains about US news station not reporting full stories to US citizens about war in Iraq, etc.

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      OK. This is a good start. I am glad that the state apparatus is taking this seriously. They need to close down every single one of these western funded media outlets and xxxx everyone that works for them... Hetq, A1 Plus and Armenianow must be next...

Pro-West Broadcaster Yanked in Armenia

The only foreign radio programming in Armenia's native language was taken off the air and its Web site blocked as part of the country's state of emergency, the broadcaster said Tuesday. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty said in a statement that its two Armenian affiliates halted the broadcasts to comply with the emergency decree that allows media to only report news that is sanctioned by the government. Its Armenian-language programs have been replaced by music, the broadcaster said. Armenian President Robert Kocharian declared the 20-day state of emergency Saturday night following clashes between government forces and demonstrators protesting alleged fraud in the Feb. 19 presidential election. Eight people died and more than 100 were injured in the fighting. Demonstrators supporting opposition candidate and former president Levon Ter-Petrosian protested the official results from last month's election that put their candidate a distant second to Prime Minister Serge Sarkisian. The Prague-based broadcaster, which receives funding from the U.S., said its driver was beaten by police officers in the Armenian capital, Yerevan, on Saturday while the correspondent he was working with managed to escape. Another journalist for the broadcaster was threatened by government forces in the town of Gumri, it said. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty said it was adding Web domains to get around the blocking of its Armenian language Web site in the country. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty was established in 1949 to spread pro-Western news and promote democratic values and institutions in countries behind the Iron Curtain. It broadcasts in 28 languages to some 20 countries.

Source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i..._k5uQD8V6PDB00

Comment

Working...
                      X