Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnagsootyoon)

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
    Nah.... Andranik was havin khorovats with Hovhanes Tumanyan in Lori exatly in that time when Dashnaks were fighting in Sardarapat
    You have the right to think it that way but reality is quiet different than what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      You have the right to think it that way but reality is quiet different than what you think.
      Oh really? And how it is? "the reality" ?

Comment

Oh really? And how it is? "the reality" ?
        That back then we were fighting on every font and not only on the Turkish front. Could it not be possible that there were soldiers fighting at other fronts under the command of Andranik?

Comment

Nah.... Andranik was havin khorovats with Hovhanes Tumanyan in Lori exatly in that time when Dashnaks were fighting in Sardarapat
          Someone who doesn’t even deserve to lick Zoravar Antranik’s boot is badmouthing him?
          You cannot have the ARF’s flag as your avatar, speak on their behalf or use the ARF name as a shield and badmouth Antranig. Watch your mouth “dket”! Zoravar Antranig was honored and respected by all political parties. So stop these childish games that you are playing.

"Like an eagle he soars over the mountains and ridges."
          The first name in the Armenian struggle for national liberation ....Զորավար Անդրանիկ-Zoravar Antranik( Antranik pasha)
          Throughout our history we’ve had many heroes who fell for our pride and liberty…Antranik is one of the most remarkable and spoken of; he is considered as the Hero of heroes, to whom Death did not dare to approach in the battlefield.
          At the age of 18, he killed a turk, who was torturing his father, and escaped to the mountains, joining other Armenian freedom-fighters, Fedayis. Soon his exceptional military genius became evident and his fame spread all over the Armenian highland.
          He took part in a thosand battles, sitting on his white horse, holding his sword high in the air, rushing towards the enemy under a shower of bullets and yet never a bullet hit him. He was the most fearless man in the world.
          Khalil Pasha, a cruel Kurd tribesman, who was the terror of Armenians of Sassoun and surroundings, succeeded to kill Serop Pasha treacherously, and received the highest decoration from the Sultan. All the Armenians, even the fedayis were horrified, and no one dared to revenge the death of that great fedayi.
          Antranik, although at that time suffering from severe arthritic pains not only succeeded to detect and kill the traitors who had poisoned Serop Pasha, but also succeeded to cut the head of Khalil, thus restoring the prestige of fedayis. That is why the Kurd bards used to sing: "No one can avoid the revengefull dagger of Antranik". The Kurds believed that when at night Antranik took off his coat to go to bed, hundreds of bullets fell from it. Of course this is a legend, but every legend has some truth in it.

At the guerrilla battle of Arakelots Vank Antranik with his 80 fedayis was fighting against a regular turkish forces of over 10.000. The turks had surrounded the monastery and were sure to capture or kill Antranik and his fedayis.
          After 22 days of severe fighting, due to his extraordinary valor, dexterity and factics Antranik succeeded to break the lines of enemy forces and come out safely with his warriors, filling the turks with fear and terror. "Antranik is not a human being, he is a ghost", turks used to say.
          When Antranik visited America, all the Armenians, from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast, gave him an enthusiastic reception. Americans were amazed and they asked: "Who is this man?". "He is the George Washington of Armenians", was the answer everywhere, and the Americans honored him by letting him sit on George Washington's chair, which was an unprecedented honor.
          He died in Fresno, in 1927 ,his remains were reposed at Paris's famed Pere La Chaise Cemetery in 1928. The remains of Antranik were finally brought to Armenia in 2000, which was his last will "When I die, let my body belong to no one but the Armenian people, my valiant warriors, Armenia"

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            That back then we were fighting on every font and not only on the Turkish front. Could it not be possible that there were soldiers fighting at other fronts under the command of Andranik?
            culd be, would be but wasnt...

I think that could be a very special front it is called egoistic and hypocritic front...
            Last edited by Mukuch; 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
              Someone who doesn’t even deserve to lick Zoravar Antranik’s boot is badmouthing him?
              You cannot have the ARF’s flag as your avatar, speak on their behalf or use the ARF name as a shield and badmouth Antranig. Watch your mouth “dket”! Zoravar Antranig was honored and respected by all political parties. So stop these childish games that you are playing.
              Andranik is a legend, all right.... but he was a human , very human....

But you still didnt say it. Where exactly was Andranik during the Sardarapat batle?

well.... ok ... ok... I will tell you, I just remembered: Andranik declared that the batle is pointless and armenian army do not stand a chanse against huge turkish army and withdrowed to Lori with his people. You know why? Very simple he wanted to be a God but Dashnaks didnt see him as one... Do you know who wan sardarapat batle? No one knows... it was general Pirumov, an armenian ex general of russian army... Why no one remembers him? Just becaus he was an educated man and wasnt a son of a carpinter?
              Last edited by Mukuch; 09-30-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Well that ia all right....
                but i still didnt get it. Where exactly was Andranik during the Sardarapat batle?
                I don’t know where he was but, someone that fought on a thousands of fronts and always marching and charging at first, I don’t think would’ve been afraid to fight one more battle. There’s an Arabic saying: “always excuse the absent who’s not there (or here) to give his side of the story or defend himself from accusations”.

You were challenging his education and his intellect too, what’s that?

Comment

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

I don't know what kind of Dashnak you are, but the ones I know all respect and honor him.

Comment

I don't know what kind of Dashnak you are, but the ones I know all respect and honor him.
                    No Armenian should ever talk about Andranik like that ever.

Comment

Only Mukuch can badmouth Hrant Dink and Andranik because Muckuch is the grand dady of them all. I am no genious but i bet it's people like Muckuch who give Dashnaktsutiun a bad rap.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X