Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
    I don't know what kind of Dashnak you are, but the ones I know all respect and honor him.
    The ones you know do not know the history....

Comment

• Re: Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnagsootyoon)

I don’t know where he was but, someone that fought on a thousands of fronts and always marching and charging at first, I don’t think would’ve been afraid to fight one more battle. There’s an Arabic saying: “always excuse the absent who’s not there (or here) to give his side of the story or defend himself from accusations”.

You were challenging his education and his intellect too, what’s that?
      There is no need to defend Andranik.... he is alredy a legend. What I am trying to do is to defend the historical truth and people who did not less than Andranik but are forgoten.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        Only Mukuch can badmouth Hrant Dink and Andranik because Muckuch is the grand dady of them all. I am no genious but i bet it's people like Muckuch who give Dashnaktsutiun a bad rap.
        Tsako, no one did ask your ignorant opinion… I would be surprised if you would pass on this on and do not get in like a broken spoon in the subjects where your slightly limited intellect has nothing to do. go sell used car tires, that what you do best

Comment

Muck i don't know where you got used tires from but i know your very good at getting banned because of insulting comments like these. Keep it up Muck, i am getting tired of you already.
          Last edited by Haykakan; 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Muck i don't know where you got used tires from but i know your very good at getting band because of insulting comments like these. Keep it up Muck, i am getting tired of you already.
            Yah go cry to your moderator mama (in PM ofcours)

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
              The ones you know do not know the history....
              I hope you know these people.

His Holiness,Vazken I, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians- "What we sang a while ago is proof that Andranik is the idol of the Armenian people, and that he has become the symbol of the sacred struggle for the liberation of the motherland. One of the most popular and loved songs today, "Like an eagle over mountains and rocks you soar"(To Andranik) is sung in family circles, at receptions, and on other occasions in Armenia. May God keep the souls of all Andraniks in light; may He give the Armenian people zeal and revitalization to grow strong,to be faitful to the vows of their heroes, and be always ready to continue their work. I come from Armenia with this faith, and with this spirit I offer my prayers here today. Let the memory of the just be blessed forever, Amen".
              Avetis Aharonian- "For the Armenian people, Andranik is not a mere person, but the embodiment of a powerful and unshaken thought. Andranik is the idol which our people molded according to their aspirations and ideals."
              Nikol Aghbalian- "Andranik's character had 2 basic features: hatred without reservation towards the Turks, and an active and deep love towards the Armenian people- the peasants in particular. His assessments of military situations on the battlefield amounted to prophecy.
              Personal life had virtually no place in his thoughts."
              Marshal Hovhannes Baghramian- "Let us drink to the memory of this great man, General Andranik is known to each one of our people. He struggled so that we might live, and that struggle was his credo. He became a popular hero,and his memory shall live forever in the memory of generations. I have seen him, and I have fought under his command. He is one of the greatest sons of our nation, and he enjoyed unique popularity."
              Anastas Mikoyan- "Sagas were told about Andranik in connection with his heroic exploits during the partisan warfare which he waged against the Sultan's Turkey during the liberation struggles of the Bulgarian people. His chest was decorated with Bulgarian medals of the highest degree. Among the Armenians,his name was honored with wreaths of glory. He also enjoyed undisputed authority within miligary circles."

Comment

Found this too.

In 1915 he was with the Russian army to whose victory in the battle of Dilman he contributed materially. Thanks to his extraordinary valor, 150.000 Armenians of the city of Van, who were engaged in a hopeless struggle of self-defence, were rescued in time. In 1918 he fought against the regular Turkish army, thus, delaying the occupation of Baku with its oil fields. "If the Turks had occupied Baku eight months earlier, the fate of the I World War would have been totally different", writes Von Lundendorf in his me'moires. Also in 1918, May 22-28 during the decisive battle of Sardarabad, he crushed Wahib Pasha's Turkish army at Kara-Kilise and frustrated the Turks' plan to wipe out the few hundred thousand Armenians who had survived the Turkish genocide of 1915.
                In 1918 he had certain disagreements with the newly established Armenian government and, full of bitterness and rancor, he left Armenia forever. In Europe and America, where he found well-to-do Armenian colonies, he organized a committee to send relief to the starving population of Armenia, which was trapped on all sides by enemies determined to give her the coup de grace. In a few months time 500.000 dollars and 110.000 pounds sterling were raised. The committee gave Antranik a check for 10.000 pounds sterling to be used for himself and his retired soldiers. He returned the check saying: "There are thousands of orphans in Armenia, who are ingreater need for help than my soldiers".
                Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                Last edited by Yedtarts; 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I hope you know these people.
                  I didnt know that Vazgen I, Hovhanes Bagramyan and even Anastas Mikoyan were Dashnaks

Comment

Look I am not going to argue that Andranik was a brave fidain, but there were hundreds like him: Serop, Apo, Arabo... What I was trying to say that Andranik wasnt that general with mind of statesman as everyone tries to describe him...
                    And certanly he was not such an altruist and servent of his nation how they describe him... He is a legend... an exageration....
                    Read again the Avetis Aharonians citate you brought, and maybe you will understand what i mean....
                    Last edited by Mukuch; 09-30-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                      Look I am not going to argue that Andranik was a brave fidain, but there were hundreds like him: Serop, Apo, Arabo... What I was trying to say that Andranik wasnt that general with mind of statesman as everyone tries to describe him...
                      And certanly he was not such an altruist and servent of his nation how they describe him... He is a legend... an exageration....
                      Yeh he wasnt alturistic, he only fought and put his life on the line hundreds of times for money and recording contracts and movie deals....If we had hundreds of Andraniks we would own turckey today. I wonder do you ever think before you type stuff or does it just pour out as your fingers hit the keys? Thanks so much for acknowledging that he "was a brave fidain" now we can truely honor him p. I am gona go play with my 5 yearold he is more intellectualy stimulating then you.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X