Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
    Lack of moral and spiritual fortitude, prevalent especially in the regime which is to certain extent also reflection of societal degradation.
    That truely is a degenerat conclusion. I supose the strict enforcement of chrystianity is your solution to Armenias problems?
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      That truely is a degenerat conclusion.
      It is a a conclusion that more Armenians find true, since out-migration beats the repatriation.

I supose the strict enforcement of chrystianity is your solution to Armenias problems?
      I find it strange that you restrict morality to Christianity or even religion for that matter. Morality is a Human virtue. It is also a traditional (folkish) Armenian virtue, something we desperately need more of in today's "changing" world.

Comment

I strongly agree that morality is not restricted to religion and to be honest with you i am glad that you agree becaus many here do not. The problem with your argument is that you imply that morality or the lack of it is why people are leaving armenia and not moving into it. I would strongly argue that it has nothing to do with morality and much more to do with economics.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I strongly agree that morality is not restricted to religion and to be honest with you i am glad that you agree becaus many here do not. The problem with your argument is that you imply that morality or the lack of it is why people are leaving armenia and not moving into it. I would strongly argue that it has nothing to do with morality and much more to do with economics.
          Economics are also tied in to morality, since they stem from the symbiotic socio-economic sphere. We do not have a market economy in Armenia, we have an oligarchy that through its various monopolies does not permit normal competition which is vital if you want your economy to grow and prosper.

The judicial branch is also utterly corrupt as the average Armenian in Armenia feels that he is not protected by the law. All of this is a mark of moral degradation as I stated above and is the leading cause for out migration and very little repatriation.

Comment

Economics are also tied in to morality, since they stem from the symbiotic socio-economic sphere. We do not have a market economy in Armenia, we have an oligarchy that through its various monopolies does not permit normal competition which is vital if you want your economy to grow and prosper.

The judicial branch is also utterly corrupt as the average Armenian in Armenia feels that he is not protected by the law. All of this is a mark of moral degradation as I stated above and is the leading cause for out migration and very little repatriation.
            The condition you describe is present everywhere there is a capitolist market including the usa. Corruption is not limited to Armenia but you dont see people fleeing the usa because of the corruption which exists on all important levels. Morality is no cureall and claiming that it will fix everything is just crazy i dont care how many of your friends/relatives tell you otherwise.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The condition you describe is present everywhere there is a capitolist market including the usa. Corruption is not limited to Armenia but you dont see people fleeing the usa because of the corruption which exists on all important levels. Morality is no cureall and claiming that it will fix everything is just crazy i dont care how many of your friends/relatives tell you otherwise.
              The extremes of corruption seen in America, via nepotism and peddling of political interests, does not yet exist in Britain. In America, a perversion of democracy is used to sustain an unbelievable amount of nepotism. Vast numbers of people are "elected" to positions of public authority under the guise of being democratic. To get elected (to get the required financing and organisational network) they have to support one political grouping or another, or one block of vested interest groups or another. And there is a good chance they would loose those positions if another political party got elected, so they will always support those that helped them get elected. The idea that minor public employees (such as the heads of police departments) have to be elected is laughable - it invites corruption, and corruption is what you often get.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The condition you describe is present everywhere there is a capitolist market including the usa. Corruption is not limited to Armenia but you dont see people fleeing the usa because of the corruption which exists on all important levels.
                The corruption in USA is much less in terms of the rule of law. Also, USA is a different ball game, since there is still much "fish to be fried" while in relative small Armenia, it has immediate ripple effects.

Morality is no cureall and claiming that it will fix everything is just crazy i dont care how many of your friends/relatives tell you otherwise.
                I am bringing you the statistics and the overall sentiment that exists in Armenia. The fact remains that we have more of an outmigration than repatriation. The current rift between the government of Armenia and diaspora will also not help to bridge this gap. Again, if you really look into it you will see that the crisis is more of a moral issue which is only reflected in things like the economy.

Comment

What about national pride, how does that fare in Armenia?

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                    The extremes of corruption seen in America, via nepotism and peddling of political interests, does not yet exist in Britain. In America, a perversion of democracy is used to sustain an unbelievable amount of nepotism. Vast numbers of people are "elected" to positions of public authority under the guise of being democratic. To get elected (to get the required financing and organisational network) they have to support one political grouping or another, or one block of vested interest groups or another. And there is a good chance they would loose those positions if another political party got elected, so they will always support those that helped them get elected. The idea that minor public employees (such as the heads of police departments) have to be elected is laughable - it invites corruption, and corruption is what you often get.
                    Unfortunately Armenias "democracy" tries to emulate the USA one plus the europeans have also been shifting twords such a model gradualy.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The corruption in USA is much less in terms of the rule of law. Also, USA is a different ball game, since there is still much "fish to be fried" while in relative small Armenia, it has immediate ripple effects.

The curremt financial situation which has lasted well over a year now here in the USA seems to indicate otherwise.

I am bringing you the statistics and the overall sentiment that exists in Armenia. The fact remains that we have more of an outmigration than repatriation. The current rift between the government of Armenia and diaspora will also not help to bridge this gap. Again, if you really look into it you will see that the crisis is more of a moral issue which is only reflected in things like the economy.

I have really looked into it and morality or the lack there of is not why people leave Hayastan nor why people do not repatriate. It has everything to do with making a living-economics. Capitolist systems are inherantly immoral because they place value on money and capitol instead of people. A good way to debunk the argument that morality has something to do with the emmigration would be the scenerio where lets say that by some means the government of Armenia became very moral and decided not to sign the protocals because they are "immoral" thus keeping Armenia in a permanent state of isolation and poor economic shape, will this help the emmigration/immigration problem? Of course not. Lets say the "immoral" signing of the protocals produces open borders which will unquestionably help the economy, now will this help the emmigration/immigration issue? Of course it will. Morality and economics often run counter to each other thus claiming morality will reverse the emmigration trends which are based on economics is innacurate to put it mildly. One could actually make the argument that morality and economics are inversly related and that would actually be a stronger argument then the one you are presenting.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X