Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Carol Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carol Black

Carol Black
    President & CEO, Lifetime Entertainment Services

Veteran television executive Carole Black was named President and CEO of LIFETIME Entertainment Services in February, 1999 and joined the company on March 22, 1999.

Black is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the premiere provider of women's programming, including marketing, advertising sales, affiliate sales, new media, research, programming, strategic planning and operations. Black oversees both LIFETIME Television and the recently launched LIFETIME Movie Network. LIFETIME Entertainment Services in a 50/50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.

Black most recently served as President and General Manager of NBC4 in Los Angeles where she was responsible for the day-to-day management of all areas of operation, including news, programming, sales, marketing, promotion, strategic planning and operations. Black was the first woman to head a commercial station in the Los Angeles marketplace.

Under her leadership, NBC4 enjoyed unparalleled success, rising from second in the marketplace to a dominant number one in the Southern California area in less than two years. In 1998, NBC4 became the first station to win seven out of seven weekday and weekend news races in a sweeps period, topping its own record of winning six our of seven in both 1996 and 1997. In the sales arena, NBC4 became the market's top billing station in 1996 for the first time in decades. It continued its sales domination in 1997 and 1998, with the last three years being the most profitable in the station's 50-year history.

Prior to her appointment at NBC 4 in 1994, Black was Senior Vice President, Marketing, Television, at the Walt Disney Company, where she was key to the conceptualization and launch of The Disney Afternoon, the highly successful children's programming franchise. She also led the marketing effort on the sale of Home Improvement into syndication, which proved instrumental in making that comedy series one of the most profitable shows ever sold.

From 1986 to 1988, Black served as Vice President, Worldwide Marketing Home Video for Disney, where she was credited with establishing brand management and the enormously successful sell-through business of Disney-branded films. Under her direction, the domestic video rose from sixth to first, and the Disney Brand became the dominant leader throughout the world.

++++
    In ' mosaix' (new armenian magazine),she was named the 6th most infulential armenian

you do you're research
    applause!!!

Comment

*bows*

Comment

Re: Carol Black

Originally posted by whitelotus Carol Black
        President & CEO, Lifetime Entertainment Services

Veteran television executive Carole Black was named President and CEO of LIFETIME Entertainment Services in February, 1999 and joined the company on March 22, 1999.

Black is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the premiere provider of women's programming, including marketing, advertising sales, affiliate sales, new media, research, programming, strategic planning and operations. Black oversees both LIFETIME Television and the recently launched LIFETIME Movie Network. LIFETIME Entertainment Services in a 50/50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.

Black most recently served as President and General Manager of NBC4 in Los Angeles where she was responsible for the day-to-day management of all areas of operation, including news, programming, sales, marketing, promotion, strategic planning and operations. Black was the first woman to head a commercial station in the Los Angeles marketplace.

Under her leadership, NBC4 enjoyed unparalleled success, rising from second in the marketplace to a dominant number one in the Southern California area in less than two years. In 1998, NBC4 became the first station to win seven out of seven weekday and weekend news races in a sweeps period, topping its own record of winning six our of seven in both 1996 and 1997. In the sales arena, NBC4 became the market's top billing station in 1996 for the first time in decades. It continued its sales domination in 1997 and 1998, with the last three years being the most profitable in the station's 50-year history.

Prior to her appointment at NBC 4 in 1994, Black was Senior Vice President, Marketing, Television, at the Walt Disney Company, where she was key to the conceptualization and launch of The Disney Afternoon, the highly successful children's programming franchise. She also led the marketing effort on the sale of Home Improvement into syndication, which proved instrumental in making that comedy series one of the most profitable shows ever sold.

From 1986 to 1988, Black served as Vice President, Worldwide Marketing Home Video for Disney, where she was credited with establishing brand management and the enormously successful sell-through business of Disney-branded films. Under her direction, the domestic video rose from sixth to first, and the Disney Brand became the dominant leader throughout the world.

++++
        In ' mosaix' (new armenian magazine),she was named the 6th most infulential armenian

Nicely said, despite grammatical errors, it is a good to know fact. However, I have even more proof that she IS Armenian since this devoted high-star has risen over Lifetime's CEO president.

Comment

its a copy and paste from a website

as long as you understand the point of the article, who gives a flying xxxx how many grammatical errors it has

my life doesnt revolve around spelling everything correctly or making sure its all grammatically correct, xxxx it

it doesnt make me a better person if i spell it correctly , or if my grammar is good. I just dont seem to give a crap about correcting it when i have more important things to worry about in my life

Comment

Originally posted by whitelotus its a copy and paste from a website

as long as you understand the point of the article, who gives a flying xxxx how many grammatical errors it has

my life doesnt revolve around spelling everything correctly or making sure its all grammatically correct, xxxx it

it doesnt make me a better person if i spell it correctly , or if my grammar is good. I just dont seem to give a crap about correcting it when i have more important things to worry about in my life

It indicates some skill and takes some skill. Fine, whatever it does not matter now then. And the article you wrote does not say that she is Armenian it just says what she achieved under an Anglo name.

Comment

like i said above.

i copied and pasted from a website.

shes armenian, it doesnt matter if the article doesnt state it or not.

many armenians that came here over 100 years ago took the very first word or name they saw on buildings, trucks, companys as there own name.

green, black, etc.

she is an old generation of armenians that immagrated here, which have changed there last names for a reason, it was either forced, or they did it so they wouldnt get race xxxx from anglos.

they even went as far as forming gangs full of men and woman, who walked to school together, studied together, did everything together, because they needed one anothers support, protection and no one else understood the language besides that group of 20 kids etc.

Comment

You go Lotus!

That right I can vouch for forming the gangs part.

Comment

Originally posted by whitelotus like i said above.

i copied and pasted from a website.

shes armenian, it doesnt matter if the article doesnt state it or not.

many armenians that came here over 100 years ago took the very first word or name they saw on buildings, trucks, companys as there own name.

green, black, etc.

she is an old generation of armenians that immagrated here, which have changed there last names for a reason, it was either forced, or they did it so they wouldnt get race xxxx from anglos.

they even went as far as forming gangs full of men and woman, who walked to school together, studied together, did everything together, because they needed one anothers support, protection and no one else understood the language besides that group of 20 kids etc.

I am aware of the fact that during assimilation, they took the process a bit too far. And how the hell would we know if she is or is not Armenian if it is not STATED? No one believes people's words, it needs and would it nicer if it was stated. Also, she s HALF Armenian not full. Read my article that I have found on her. I mean if you put it that way so is Princess Di--which I am sure indeed did.

Comment

Originally posted by whitelotus its a copy and paste from a website

are you on crack or something?
                    calm the heck down.
                    although I usually don't agree with Nimrod, this time the guy has a point.
                    "Carol Black" is a totally odar name to start out with.
                    and with NOTHING mentioned about her "armenian" background in your little article makes people suspisious.
                    so relax..

Comment

Working...
                    X