Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hughes bros. - directors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hughes bros. - directors

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
    b/c Armenian dads never leave there kids, and Armenians never are cold to or ostracize half armos, especially the half black ones.. ¬_¬

How much you wanna bet that their mother got a lot of flack from Armos about marrying a black guy and having kids with him?
    There are so many things wrong with your post and I don't even want to open another can of worms. I am just shocked at the self hate of all Armenians nowadays, good luck with your opinions.

Comment

I'm glad that they both recognize their Armenian heritage, it'd be cool if they would make a movie with some sort of Armenian related plot or subplot, maybe even a movie about what it's like growing up half black, half Armenian, in America.

b/c Armenian dads never leave there kids, and Armenians never are cold to or ostracize half armos, especially the half black ones.. ¬_¬

How much you wanna bet that their mother got a lot of flack from Armos about marrying a black guy and having kids with him?
      Technically, they didn't grow up half black.... their father wasn't an influence in their life.

From what I gather, Aida Hughes (Armenian born in Iran) was a feminist and left the sev father to raise the two kids on her own. She was probably young when it happened.... it was the 70's and the hippie movement in the U.S. of A.

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
      There are so many things wrong with your post and I don't even want to open another can of worms. I am just shocked at the self hate of all Armenians nowadays, good luck with your opinions.
      It's more of an identity crisis than self hate... and more likely cultural rebellion.
      Last edited by KanadaHye; 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        It's more of an identity crisis than self hate... and more likely cultural rebellion.
        Not sure what it is, but I lived it in Los Angeles, I have been here all my life. I have walked the line in between worlds, its not green on the Non-Armenian side, its the same xxxx and in most instances, it is worse, but people are people and you respect everyone. However, my idea of "respect" is much different than what some Armenians preach, they preach a sort of inferiority.

Comment

Even if they are havely in black culture i cant denay them us they have part of my armenian blood inside them ..i can see that maybe they look black outside ,but inside them,they can create like armenians only dose...look how there stances they are humble and respectful like we are..maybe they are more armenian than some others that forgot there identity in diaspora...

Comment

Did a google on Aida Hughes... I'm not sure if she had an Armenian upbringing at all or whether she was involved in the Armenian community in the Detroit area. Blah.

MOTHER: Aida Hughes. Former fast food worker; owner of a vocational rehabilitation company. White (Armenian); born in Iran and adopted by a military family; took children and left husband; spent three years on welfare before starting own business; gave the twins their first video camera when they were 12.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
              It's not self hate, it's kind of like "judge not lest ye be judged." If their father was just some white guy, instead of a black one, it'd be very unlikely that Armanen would have said "What a surprise, their white daddy left them. "

As for how it's not surprising to Armanen that the black community didn't accept them b/c they were mixed, all I was saying is that there are many cases where armos aren't exactly warm towards half armos, especially the ones where you notice what their other half is.

What I've said isn't self hate b/c it's generally true, and if you don't like generalizations about Armenians, then you shouldn't generalize about any race/ethnicity(cough...Armanen...cough)

Comment

It's not self hate, it's kind of like "judge not lest ye be judged." If their father was just some white guy, instead of a black one, it'd be very unlikely that Armanen would have said "What a surprise, their white daddy left them. "

As for how it's not surprising to Armanen that the black community didn't accept them b/c they were mixed, all I was saying is that there are many cases where armos aren't exactly warm towards half armos, especially the ones where you notice what their other half is.

What I've said isn't self hate b/c it's generally true, and if you don't like generalizations about Armenians, then you shouldn't generalize about any race/ethnicity(cough...Armanen...cough)
                First of all, my response was not even about how the Hughes Bros. were half black, meaning, if they were half white, my response would be the same,
                Second of all, my response was never been about my own personal issues with Non-Armenians, clearly, my opinions are about Armenians. Reread your reply, you are implying that Armenians had something to do with the fact that the father hit and quit it when in fact that is not true. You also imply that , statistically, Armenian fathers are equally prone to hitting and quitting, but the reality is that they are not. Here are the statistics for blacks, whites, and Hispanics within the Detroit area compared to national averages:

"Of the 16,729 babies born in Detroit in 1997, 13,574 were black, 1,679 were white and 817 were Hispanic. Seventy-one percent were born to unmarried mothers. This compared with a state average of 33 percent and a 50-city average of 43 percent." (http://amyalkon.mensnewsdaily.com/?p=114)

So, clearly, I am not the one who is generalizing, clearly, it is you by assuming that Armenian fathers are equally likely to have children and run out on them, when in fact, statistically, it is not likely.
                Last edited by Virgil; 01-22-2010, 12:36 AM.

Comment

So why is it wrong to generalize? If out of a 100 jellybeans, 90 of them are red... is it wrong to say that most of the jellybeans are red? I've come to find that there is truth to most generalizations, whether it be towards Armenians or any other race/ethnicity. I think most level headed people realize that they shouldn't be applied to every person of that race/ethnicity. The sev community doesn't have issues with admitting that there are problems with fathers walking out of their "baby mommas". For the most part, they can't afford to stay with them due to poverty and it's financially better for the mother to collect welfare and really has no bearing on their race and/or ethnicity. Those are the cards they have been dealt with in life and unless there is a political movement to change the cycle, it's just going to continue.

In lieu of the fact that Martin Luther King day just passed, let's not forget why the african-american community is in its present state.
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 01-22-2010, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I feel kinda bad about not liking the book of eli, well only a little.

Comment

Working...
                    X