Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Jack Kevorkian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Kevorkian

In health class today we were going over the top causes of death in the US. we came upon suicide and the teacher started talking about kevorkian. And then at the end of the class she asks me what kind of a name Tigran is and i said Armenian just like Kevorkian and you shoulda seen the look on her face.

But really i think that what this guy did was not wrong, but on the contrary he helped a lot of people and hes pretty damn famous

Re: Jack Kevorkian

Originally posted by TigranJamharian In health class today we were going over the top causes of death in the US. we came upon suicide and the teacher started talking about kevorkian. And then at the end of the class she asks me what kind of a name Tigran is and i said Armenian just like Kevorkian and you shoulda seen the look on her face.

But really i think that what this guy did was not wrong, but on the contrary he helped a lot of people and hes pretty damn famous
    yeah I agree with u i think anybody would prefer the normal death over suffering and then death......

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian In health class today we were going over the top causes of death in the US. we came upon suicide and the teacher started talking about kevorkian. And then at the end of the class she asks me what kind of a name Tigran is and i said Armenian just like Kevorkian and you shoulda seen the look on her face.

Haha! You probably scared the hell out of her.

But I don't see anything wrong with what Kevorkian does either.

Comment

The problem with Kevorkian is that he presented a threat to the Government subsidized health industry and pharmaceutical giants. If people were allowed to choose death over suffering, and ignore the "treatments" well that pretty much puts the health care industry in a bad spot.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse The problem with Kevorkian is that he presented a threat to the Government subsidized health industry and pharmaceutical giants. If people were allowed to choose death over suffering, and ignore the "treatments" well that pretty much puts the health care industry in a bad spot.

wow im shocked......mouse actually replied to a thread without any sarcasm....damn how does that work??

Comment

My boss and I have gotten into a "discussion" about this several times. He hates Kevorkian, but I can't understand where he gets his reasoning. Like he's afraid all this is going to lead to things like in home suicide kits and such, and anyone who's had a slightly bad day is going to off themselves without thinking twice about it.

My problem with this is, even IF such a thing were to be made available and sold (as silly as the concept of being offered an over the counter tool designed to voluntarily kill yourself sounds), why would this tool encourage suicide? If you've reached that stage of thought, there's plenty of ways to kill yourself without having to go out and buy a kit for it. I think his REAL beef with Kevorkian is due to the fact that he's really religious and believes that you don't have the RIGHT to kill yourself according to God, so what Jack-o is doing is evil/a sin. Yet again, people trying to censor others' lives through personal opinions and beliefs.

I think Anonymouse is on to the real reason for this. If you've ever done some research on the profit margins for prescription medications, you'd probably be sick to your stomache. These profit margins are also the reason the pharmacuetical companies and FDA are going after natural, over-the-counter supplements so hard. They already eliminated ephedra, which is a joke considering more people die per YEAR from prescription strength tylenol then the total number of people who have died directly due to ephedra, PERIOD! And now they're trying to pass a bill that will make the entire supplement industry FDA regulated. The way the bill is phrased, it basically gives the FDA the right to yank any product without waiting for approval if there's so much as a single complaint about it. If someone calls them and says "I sneezed after drinking this protein shake", they can ban that product. With some of the medicines they approve (i.e. Lipitor, and its liver damaging traits), it's pretty ironic that the FDA would be complaining about health issues with supplements. But since the FDA and pharmaceutical companies are in bed together, and money reins supreme, corruption and less choices are the outcome.

Comment

News on Dr. Kevorkian...

Comment

hhahaa nice one Tigran

i dont agree with what his done but yeah he is famous

Comment

I dont think what kevorkian did was good. He is famous but on the other hand he is mentally sick.
                  Download the song "Schism" by Tool.

Comment

Besides euthanasia, Kevorkian is famous for advocating involuntary organ donation by condemned criminals. Euthanasia for me is a question that anyone who's not suffering from a terminal and painful decease should not answer, as they don't know what's it like. As far as the second idea, I see it as a great way for killers, rapists and the like to give somethiing back before they die. Don't know why it is also facing difficulties. This is the problem with too much of moralistic idealism. Sometimes it contradicts practical benefits to the society and mankind.

Comment

Working...
                    X