Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Custom flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom flags.

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    I'll show you an ugly flag.
    We can all agree on that one.

Comment

The old Armenian flag is nowhere close to the beauty of our current tricolour. I'll show you an ugly flag.

BTW, why Kavkaz? Is the word Կովկաս (Kovkas/Govgas) ugly too?
      You should have warned us!

I was expecting an ugly flag, but that one is hidious! I almost lost my lunch.

Comment

I can't believe this is even being discussed.

I will never understand how/why the Georgians ditched their flag for their new "prettier" one. After doing something like that, how can anyone take their flag seriously? How can anyone respect it? After all, next year it might change again! Sure the Georgian flag looks "better" now, but honestly it's as if it's disposable now.

The blood of the fallen
        The sky above Armenia
        The soil of Armenia

The official meaning of the colours may be different, but that's what they mean to me.

I think it's a dishonour to even be discussing this, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY View Post

I will never understand how/why the Georgians ditched their flag for their new "prettier" one. After doing something like that, how can anyone take their flag seriously? How can anyone respect it? After all, next year it might change again! Sure the Georgian flag looks "better" now, but honestly it's as if it's disposable now.

The blood of the fallen
          The sky above Armenia
          The soil of Armenia

The official meaning of the colours may be different, but that's what they mean to me.

hear hear

Comment

throughout history armenia has had dozens of different flags. its not the image we worship, its the meaning of it. if the armenian flag tomorrow turned to be all black, suppose, im sure every armenian would love that flag.

but i know us armenians are a very creative artistic people, so im sure if we all got together we could come up with a beautiful flag together, not just colours, but some unique design that when people see it, theyve never seen a flag like that before

btw i dont mean to be offensive but i dont come on here to learn english spelling, so cmon lets just talk about the topic

Comment

The blood of the fallen
              The sky above Armenia
              The soil of Armenia

Agree 100% with you

Comment

BTW, why Kavkaz? Is the word Կովկաս (Kovkas/Govgas) ugly too?
                Armenian alphabet is one of the most beautiful alphabets in the world, if not the most beautiful.

Well it is.

Do you know Georgian history? It is a Medieval Georgian flag there is nothing "new" about it.

The blood of the fallen
                The sky above Armenia
                The soil of Armenia

Well you are not every single Armenian person. Plus Blue is the bright future of the Armenian people and Orange is the soul of the Armenian people. It is nice and romantic and all that jazz but these colors do not suit each other well. Coming from a family with artistic background I cannot just say: "i love it" just because it is Armenia's flag.

Why is that? I don't know why people take such pride in an inanimate object. I mean Turks have killed people who have tried to lower their flag down from Cyprus.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Nationalist, I love Armenia, I just don't care too much for the flag.
                Last edited by Federate; 03-01-2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: Fix link error.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavkaz View Post
                  Armenian alphabet is one of the most beautiful alphabets in the world, if not the most beautiful.

Well it is.

Do you know Georgian history? It is a Medieval Georgian flag there is nothing "new" about it.

Well you are not every single Armenian person. Plus Blue is the bright future of the Armenian people and Orange is the soul of the Armenian people. It is nice and romantic and all that jazz but these colors do not suit each other well. Coming from a family with artistic background I cannot just say: "i love it" just because it is Armenia's flag.

Why is that? I don't know why people take such pride in an inanimate object. I mean Turks have killed people who have tried to lower their flag down from Cyprus.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Nationalist, I love Armenia, I just don't care too much for the flag.
                  Well your not the only one here. I myself am a artist as well. In all my years I have never heard anyone say that our flag is bad.

The beauty of the flag comes from it's:

1) Simplicity
                  2) Color
                  3) Meaning

The flag you chose looked like a flag that was used by someone else. Why use someone else's flag instead of our own?

Comment

Here is a custom flag I made. Red Blue and Orange are incorporated and an eagle from the frist Armenan republic.

Edit: This only took me like 10 minutes so its not anything special but atleast it is unique compared to what we have now. It still incoprotated the meanin of the current flag. It also incorporate ths cross which represents Armenia as a christian nation and the eagle as a warrior nation.
                    Last edited by Kavkaz; 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

A flag is most useful in telling the direction of the wind, that is, when there is wind.

But, considering every country has to have a flag, I'm fine with what we have.

Comment

Working...
                      X