Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dual Citizenship - Now A Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dual Citizenship - Now A Reality

shat baner ka vor ches karogh DRAmov arnes.1.khoske vor mekin asoomes ches karogh het arnes.2.mee vat $$ mekin anes noren dramov ches karogh het vejares.soooooooo ???hyastantseeket sirOumek amen inche dramov arnek .Martkants Pativ nel tanek heto asek verjatsav.shat hangist che?minchev dzer gelkhin nooyne chepatahee chek en berni.dook oorishnerin inch koozek hashvek vochnchasnek.heto dzedz koozek amenke dzez goven hargen ,patven.zarmanalee a iskapes .oorishneri RIGHT e poghov votnahares.arjekits ketses .bits koozek amenke dzez pativ tan.hargen.arjek tan.mart ZARMANOOMA.vor der lezooneret chek khekhtoom.der avel yerkarooma ,Roberte oom shoone elni????????????? ov oorishin tsazer hamari iran tangatsni yes votit tak kanem.oozooma tagavor elni kam el vor yerkri shoone,tarberootyoon chooni.ov ira chape chepahi koozi mez te pokr kam jahel te parav ,aghchik te tegha ,motik te heroo .nooynna im hantep .lavin lav vatin amena vat e tsootst ketam.arajmes es kane.

Comment

Would like a quick short answer if anyone has one... I was born in Armenia, but am a citizen of the US. I never served for the Armenian army (came to the US at a young age). Is a dual citizenship possible for me? If so, will I have to serve for the army?

Comment

Military service is not compulsory. You may serve voluntarily though under certain circumstances.

The latter questions rests on several variables though. One of them appears to be how much money are you willing to pay as tribute.

But, as you may be considered a former citizen of the RA, you may be able to apply for simple re-instatement of your citizenship.

When did you come to the U.S.?
        Are you over the age of 18?
        Were you a permanent resident of RA pending submission of your application? (this does not appear to be required if you can cough up dram as a tribute)
        Do you speak Armenian?

Advice is as good as what you pay for it. Thus, free advice is often worthless.
        Between childhood, boyhood,
        adolescence
        & manhood (maturity) there
        should be sharp lines drawn w/
        Tests, deaths, feats, rites
        stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by ddd View Post
          Would like a quick short answer if anyone has one... I was born in Armenia, but am a citizen of the US. I never served for the Armenian army (came to the US at a young age). Is a dual citizenship possible for me? If so, will I have to serve for the army?

Unless you are over the age of 27 or have served 2 years in the armed forces of the u.s. then you will have to serve in the Armenian army. Check out the Foreign Ministry of Armenia's website for more info.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Unless you are over the age of 27 or have served 2 years in the armed forces of the u.s. then you will have to serve in the Armenian army. Check out the Foreign Ministry of Armenia's website for more info.
            Perfect, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
              Military service is not compulsory. You may serve voluntarily though under certain circumstances.
              Esh, where do you get your information from? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

Military service is compulsory. Read Armanen's post for the details.

Comment

Perfect, thank you very much.
                If you become a citizen and join the Armenia's Army, good luck to you! I actually envy you.

Comment

Armanen's info is not accurate.

It is the difference between may, can and must. But, you would not understand such intricacies.

The statute on this issue differs in language depending on which branch of the government has cared to publish it. And, any English copy is suspect re: spelling, grammar, etc.

Obviously, military service is not compulsory if there are 'exceptions' to service. Plenty of them to be exact. And, you can pay your way out of non-compliance. Puhleeze. Its not like woman are required to serve in the Armed Forces. You know carry a gun like a female conscript in the Israeli Armed Forces.

Compulsory. Pffffffffflllllllllllllllstttttttttt!!!
                  Between childhood, boyhood,
                  adolescence
                  & manhood (maturity) there
                  should be sharp lines drawn w/
                  Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                  stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                    If you become a citizen and join the Armenia's Army, good luck to you! I actually envy you.
                    Save the envy, as it will most likely not happen (the joining the army part, not the becoming a citizen part). Although I am going to offer health related services (dental) free of charge several weeks to a month out of the year, if not more, starting next year.

Comment

Save the envy, as it will most likely not happen (the joining the army part, not the becoming a citizen part). Although I am going to offer health related services (dental) free of charge several weeks to a month out of the year, if not more, starting next year.

You will be offering this to random people that come in? And will you be in Yerevan or another city?
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X