Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Just wondering, Thought I share and ask

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just wondering, Thought I share and ask

Some people here don't know how to disagree without resorting to name calling.

I'm not 3rd generation, 2nd generation. I'm not suprised I was bashed here, people don't like hearing the truth.
    Last edited by NightOwl; 06-13-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeytuntsi
      I know non-Aryans with the same features, what does that prove?

Do you want to get into bone structure, hablo groups, and history?

Are you a school teacher?
      Are you an @ssclown?
      Last edited by Armanen; 06-13-2008, 10:37 PM.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I see. Not your regular lunatic, a licensed one.

I thought that vulgarities were not allowed?
        If I PM you, will you teach me more vulgarities?

It's either the creature siamantos sister or one of its bots
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Are you drunk or are you always like this?
          Both! And we'll let the other members decide if you're a bot or another creature.

Comment

No dumb@ss, we have discovered that I'm both drunk and vulgar.

And we just discovered that you either can't read properly or are a really shi**y bot.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              You actually took offense at what I said??? My 'impression' of you was based on how 'you' described yourself. WTF! Please, tell me you are kidding... OK. You're not kidding. Anyway, I see what I'm dealing with now - a massive ego, with an "Texan" attitude.

Yes, I was offended. If you are so concerned about the health of our homeland, you should also be concerned about the damage that could be caused by "Armenians like you". The chances of us going extinct because of the way "Armenians like you" think are way more greater than the hostility that surround the Armenian homeland.

This is my Armenian ego with my Armenian attitude. The Texan in me has no place here. Plus no Texan would keep being respectful to someone that calls Texas "Occupied Territories" while Texas was legally purchased from Mexico.

But its normal for an "Armenian like you" to keep talking and displaying the level of intelligence you posses.

I am not going to join the ranks of those who claim to have the meter on how much of an Armenian is someone. But I will say, for an Armenian that is concerned about his peoples health and unity to talk in such manner that creates division is ridiculous and no other Armenian that is in his right mind should tolerate.

"Armenian-ism" should be measured on how beneficial you are to your own people.

You are worthless if your own ideas and ways divide your people/community.
              Last edited by TXMENIAN; 06-14-2008, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NightOwl
                I think someone should address the racism Armenian immigrants have towards Armenians who are American, whose grandparents came to the US after the genocide. Its pretty sad and unfortunate.
                Generalizing an entire group of people and calling them Dominicans or Puerto Ricans (as if that is supposed to be some sort of insult) is racist.

Comment

Originally posted by TXMENIAN View Post

Indeed. We don't need dividing sectarian nonsense of the type "who has the right to call himself armenian". If someone feels armenian then he is, that is all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXMENIAN View Post

This comment is all well and good in a utopian sense, but in reality it is just feel good speech that is detached from the reality that Armenians have always been and always will be, divided...just like every other nation, btw.

In short I find your statement naive because it implies that Armenians should not discriminate among other Armenians whom they disagree with - especially on issues of great importance - such as the maintenence of a viable Armenian nation-state.

Comment

There is a difference between a disagreement and "you aint armenian because your scull measurements don't match to the standard armenian scull"

Comment

Working...
                      X