Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Case for Siamanto and Other Forward-Thinking Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Case for Siamanto and Other Forward-Thinking Armenians

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    LoL so you're calling the men from Armenia who went to Artsakh to fight not nationalists. They could have stayed home and only carred about Hayastan.

We have an army now but when a war starts the army will need every men to go and fight not losers who will talking xxxx when action is needed. Are you kidding me about the nationalists being the minority who fought there. All of them were nationalists.
    Those who fought in Artsakh were mostly patriots, no they were not ultra-nationalists. Many tried to tell you that you have misunderstood the meaning of ultra-nationalist, instead of reasoning and learning, you are repeating your mistake.
    Also, most of who join the army are simply patriots who love their country and are ready to fight for it, they're neither ultra-nationalists nor forward thinkers.

And I think I know better that Armenia is a nation but what has it to do with anything. Does it still not need it's sons to return and fight for it. Will we sitt and watch how our brothers die instead of going there and risking our lifes for Armenia.
    Who talked about returning or not returning? Watching or not not watching? If you don't make an effort to understand what you're told then no communication is possible.
    Your answer tells me that you don't really know what it means that Armenia is already a nation. You don't seem to have the slightest clue what a nation means in practical terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      OK, now I'm impressed. What is the rest of your mix?
      Are you being fecetious?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
        Hang on there. Many "Armenians" in Glendale don't speak Armenian. They are as "white-washed" and "otaramol" as they come. They are disgusting pieces of work, really. Knowing Armenian, and being able to spit out a few disjunctive sentences, does not mean you speak the damn language.

Most of them don't know anything about being Armenian other than parroting the same thing about April 24, "1915 Never Again." They really don't know the language, nor the history. They just mimic each other and stroke each other off on April 24, feel good about themselves, fulfill their yearly duty of pretending to be Armenian, and voila, back to being thugs, bros, hos and myspace sluts, what have you. That's most of Glendale.
        But at least they're 100% Hye.

I know the type because we have those types on the east coast too, except in lesser numbers. They'll be the first to extol themselves because of how "Armenian" they are while not making any effort to learn the language, history or culture. Going to church be seen and to assure each other that you're still "Armenian" does not make you Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
          Are you being fecetious?
          No... I suspect depth and good character. But I don't want to speak too soon. You have not made a good first impression on me.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
            No... I suspect depth and good character. But I don't want to speak too soon. You have not made a good first impression on me.
            Well in that case...thank you I guess.

I'm not sure of the exact make up of my odar half (you know how the Western Europeans like to mix with anyone and everyone ) but I think I'm 25% English and 50% Irish.

To be honest though, I've never been interested in anything other than my Armenian heritage. That's not to make me look like a "better Armenian", it's just a fact: my odar half does not interest me. I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
              But at least they're 100% Hye.

I know the type because we have those types on the east coast too, except in lesser numbers. They'll be the first to extol themselves because of how "Armenian" they are while not making any effort to learn the language, history or culture. Going to church be seen and to assure each other that you're still "Armenian" does not make you Armenian.
              I have stated this opinion here before but I will do so again. I am perhaps the most strict with this opinion of mine on this forum, and others can chime in or disagree. I firmly believe that to be Armenian requires blood, as well as culture. While no people are "pure" that does not mean anything. It is a red herring that egalitarians often use to somehow stifle discussions of preserving your kind. And from then most discussions roll off into name-calling and accusations of racism, etc., which is just petty and childish and takes away from the thrust of uncomfortable topics and people who do not wish to expose their soft and comfortable minds to the inevitabilities that hide in life. To be Armenian then to me signifies some sort of genetic component, no less than being "white" or "black." After all, we always here of the phrase "hyi achker" which signifies that Armenian eyes are indeed different, and there is a reason for this and that it lies the soul of the people carried on by the genes. I can spot an Armenian in any group just by the eyes and gaze. That is not happenstance and that is not a social construct.

Race and ethnicity is such a taboo topic, yet perhaps the most interesting and vibrant, holding the key to many of the questions we all seek answers to, and of course, a very potent trend in history in the rises and falls of peoples and cultures.

So while these said Armenians I alluded to are Armenian genetically (which is a blessing), they are less Armenian culturally, and just as dangerous as having someone who is black try to be "Armenian." I think the difference here is that while in your case and many other half or part Armenians I have encountered have been part Irish, English, European, etc., it is not that much of a rift as it is still part of the same Caucasian gene pool, more or less.

However, when some of these hippie types attempt to get an Asian or Black to convert to being "Armenian" is just something I firmly disagree with. And I always point to the far East (China, Koreas, Japan) and how they champion their purity (purity, in the sense that to the extent they can keep other non-native racial types out of their gene pool). I do not want Armenians, nor Armenia, to be poisoned by these Western ideas of 'egalite'. Someone who is black or Asian can acquire French citizenship and be called French, but they are not part of the Teutonic Latin peoples that is responsible for the creation of what we call France, named after the people who created it, The Franks. Similarly, I would not call someone who is Asian or Black acquiring Armenian citizenship as "Armenian" because that misses the whole point of this. Nation-states are a detriment to the existence of all types of people and cultures.

Armenians being a little people cannot afford to mix on grand scales. No one would worry if a million Chinese married blacks. There are alot of both of them. Furthermore, mixing with Asians and Blacks, is racial suicide because of their dominant genes. People will accuse me of racism, rather than face these uncomfortable discussions of race. Or the alternative, people attempt to throw stupid and simplistic quotes such as "Love is blind" which is the mother of all copouts. Love, like all things in life, is a choice. Most people confuse attraction with love. Sure, I have seen many attractive Asian women that I was attracted to, even some Mexican, or black, but does that mean I will fall in love? That requires a choice, a choice that I make to allow myself to fall for this person, open up my feelings to this person, etc. We are by no means unthinking animals or automatons not capable of choice.

Those who promote and trumpet diversity miss the essential paradox that the more you support this notion, the more diversity will stamp out and destroy diversity. To then maintain diversity, just like liberty, requires eternal vigilance. In 50 years, England, France, America will be majority non-white. Somewhere in this racial deluge of mixing, somewhere in this wasteland of diversity, somewhere in this melange, Armenians and Armenia will be. That's all that matters to me.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Spoken like true Hay and nationalis anon. My comments were directed towards the idea that nationalism or ultra-nationalism is a bad thing and your ideas are good. Your ideas will work maybe in the west but it will never work in Armenia.
                Yerazhishda you have never been in Hayastan have nver talken to the people there go and visit the country talk to the people on the streets talk to to the people living in village and than come back and tell us those ideas again.

Zeytunci have you ever been to hayastan, or do you live there now. I've been born there I saw the state beeing created so please don't Bs me what Hayastan is or isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                  I have stated this opinion here before but I will do so again. I am perhaps the most strict with this opinion of mine on this forum, and others can chime in or disagree. I firmly believe that to be Armenian requires blood, as well as culture.
                  Most certainly in the diaspora but 100% of the time in the hayrenik? Is a black who is fighting and dying for Armenia not Armenian?

btw, I remember my father saying that if a diasporan goes to Armenia, they will not view them as an "Armenian", but whatever their nationality is. Is that true?

Race and ethnicity is such a taboo topic, yet perhaps the most interesting and vibrant, holding the key to many of the questions we all seek answers to, and of course, a very potent trend in history in the rises and falls of peoples and cultures.
                  You can also attribute the rise and falls of peoples to class struggles, radical ideologies, etc. Race is just one way to describe the events of history.

So while these said Armenians I alluded to are Armenian genetically (which is a blessing), they are less Armenian culturally, and just as dangerous as having someone who is black try to be "Armenian." I think the difference here is that while in your case and many other half or part Armenians I have encountered have been part Irish, English, European, etc., it is not that much of a rift as it is still part of the same Caucasian gene pool, more or less.
                  You're right, I am better off (in terms of being accepted by the Armenian community) as full caucasian; even though I'm "white" I can still say "I am Armenian" and no one will give it a second thought.

However, when some of these hippie types attempt to get an Asian or Black to convert to being "Armenian" is just something I firmly disagree with.
                  I don't think the problem is as much as keeping Blacks and Asians out of Armenia than it is keeping Armenians in Armenia.

And I always point to the far East (China, Koreas, Japan) and how they champion their purity (purity, in the sense that to the extent they can keep other non-native racial types out of their gene pool). I do not want Armenians, nor Armenia, to be poisoned by these Western ideas of 'egalite'.
                  Right, but it's not necessary for a black Armenian (nationality), serving in the Armenian military to be subjected to harrasment day in and day out. They are not better than he is and vice-versa. He is serving Armenia and should be lauded for that - regardless of his "race" or "ethnicity"

Nation-states are a detriment to the existence of all types of people and cultures.
                  They helpful, however, in that they can give organized protection to peoples that would otherwise be subject to foreign rule.

Those who promote and trumpet diversity miss the essential paradox that the more you support this notion, the more diversity will stamp out and destroy diversity. To then maintain diversity, just like liberty, requires eternal vigilance. In 50 years, England, France, America will be majority non-white. Somewhere in this racial deluge of mixing, somewhere in this wasteland of diversity, somewhere in this melange, Armenians and Armenia will be. That's all that matters to me.
                  Although I hear what you're saying, I'm still not sure why it matters whether Armenia is 98% ethnic Armenian or whether it's 80%. Armenia is in a very small minority of ethnically homogenous countries; I think there are only 10 in the world with 95% or more ethnic homogenity (sp?).

Even if Armenia was 10% or even 20% black, how would this affect the survival of the nation if those blacks were dedicated to the homeland?

Comment

Yerazhishda you have never been in Hayastan have nver talken to the people there go and visit the country talk to the people on the streets talk to to the people living in village and than come back and tell us those ideas again.
                    I'm working on it. I'm applying to a couple of universities where going to Armenia for a year is an option.

Maybe I'll find a nice Hye girl and decide to stay.
                    Last edited by yerazhishda; 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Although I hear what you're saying, I'm still not sure why it matters whether Armenia is 98% ethnic Armenian or whether it's 80%. Armenia is in a very small minority of ethnically homogenous countries; I think there are only 10 in the world with 95% or more ethnic homogenity (sp?).

Even if Armenia was 10% or even 20% black, how would this affect the survival of the nation if those blacks were dedicated to the homeland?

It matters because the larger a minority is the more chances that seccesion can occur, such as what happened in Serbia, what happened to Mexico in regards to Texas, and will most likely happen when Mexicans finally take over southwestern u.s. Whether this occurs naturally because of ethnic strife, such as majority ethnic group harrassing the minority ethic group, or the flames of succestion are flamed from outside, as in the case of Chechnya, it is dangerious for a nation to deal. When one considers the aweful geopolitcal circumstance that Armenia already is in, the last thing we need are non Armenians who took advantage of our nation letting them live within our borders (assuming we ever have a large minority) and then one day decide to break away from Armenia. This is more or less what occured in kosovo, and please do not repeat the bs about genocide committed against the albanians, there is enough evidence online for you to do your own research and see that the media (willingly or not) misinformed the public both about the bosnak-serb conflict and the one in kosovo.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X