Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Life in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia

Originally posted by hrai View Post
    Pot kettle, kettle pot
    As I stated in your accurate post that has been removed --- nice to see you posting again.
    I commented that you used very few words to make your point & likened your few sentences to "target practice" whereby you got a tight group & I commented that you were a dead shot in your stated opinion.
    Apparently, we were both deleted but the foul stench continues.
    So apparently, if the stench is still here and were gone, well, odar is as oder does.
    Glad to see your still kicking.
    Artashes

Comment

• Re: Life in Armenia

^^^ damn guys, what did I miss?
      Hey Artashes, hrai is straight shooter

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      This thread is about Life in Armenia, not about you whineing about your life in America.
      I don't see how this is not on topic...in fact his comments put certain light on life in Armenia from his perspective.

(Strange you chose to study there, while in other threads you pour your scorn on that country. But that's not unusual for your sort, I've seem lots like you in this forum over the years, and I'm sure you will never leave America).
      So this is what you really wanted to say which is way off topic and a personal attack.......your infestation of this forum for years on end does not qualify you (or us) to give advise to Serjik or to discourage him in anyway.
      again you prove that you are nothing but a troll obsessed like Haykakan put it, with ZERO credibility in the forum you base your experience on.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        ^^^ damn guys, what did I miss?
        Hey Artashes, hrai is straight shooter

I don't see how this is not on topic...in fact his comments put certain light on life in Armenia from his perspective.

So this is what you really wanted to say which is way off topic and a personal attack.......your infestation of this forum for years on end does not qualify you (or us) to give advise to Serjik or to discourage him in anyway.
        again you prove that you are nothing but a troll obsessed like Haykakan put it, with ZERO credibility in the forum you base your experience on.
        ------- infestation -----
        Hahahaha - ah - hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
          all peoples in that awful region live just as bad as we Armenian live there. IMHO u are part of the migration problem in Armenia, think about it and get back to me when you figure it out.
          lol you beat me to that response, for once I agree with you. The immigration rate is worse in Azerbaijan, so I think we need to see the positive where it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            lol you beat me to that response, for once I agree with you. The immigration rate is worse in Azerbaijan, so I think we need to see the positive where it exists.
            The most valuable asset of any nation is its people.
            More so when it is not blessed with natural resources.

The type of people that migrate are on average the young families, the ambitious, self-reliant etc,
            attributes in its people that makes a country and its nation successful.

The impact on the remaining population is just the reverse. It looses its driving (youth) force to success.
            The population age (mean) rises therefore "ages quicker".
            It also looses the age group that contributes to the new ( next) generation, (birth rate).

To actually gloat that everybody else are similar or worse than us is like saying
            my adversary has a bigger cancer tumour than me therefore I am better off.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            we need to see the positive where it exists.
            ?????????

Last edited by londontsi; 01-18-2014, 01:37 AM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              The most valuable asset of any nation is its people.
              More so when it is not blessed with natural resources.

The type of people that migrate are on average the young families, the ambitious, self-reliant etc,
              attributes in its people that makes a country and its nation successful.

The impact on the remaining population is just the reverse. It looses its driving (youth) force to success.
              The population age (mean) rises therefore "ages quicker".
              It also looses the age group that contributes to the new ( next) generation, (birth rate).

To actually gloat that everybody else are similar or worse than us is like saying
              my adversary has a bigger cancer tumour than me therefore I am better off.

?????????

Just like it is necessary to acknowledge short comings, you need to acknowledge the positives that exist too. The fact that Armenia ranks in the top half of such a ranking is a positive however you want to phrase it. It had nothing to do with the nature of immigration, or the numbers, or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                This thread is about Life in Armenia, not about you whineing about your life in America. (Strange you chose to study there, [B]while in other threads [/B]you pour your scorn on that country. But that's not unusual for your sort, I've seem lots like you in this forum over the years, and I'm sure you will never leave America).
                Perish the thought that anyone would pour scorn on a country where they study or work, I'm just thankful that you never do that.

That study,work or it's location may have been decided for them by outside forces which could be economical, educational or parental, who knows?

You certainly don't know Serjik or his circumstances but I'm not surprised you don't let that stop you being an expert on him, why change the habits of a lifetime?

Comment

Axper jan cavd tanem du hasganum es. I was born in USA. I grew up here and I love it here. Now I also see US is becoming a danger to the world and Armenia. Im living in a big rich powerful empire so of course there will be more "opportunities" over here than over there. Bro Armenia is just starting off in a very bad neighborhood in very bad situations. But Armenia is my homeland I love her in my heart and I love US with my brain. it like US is my wife I can divorce one day but Armenia is my mother. good or bad mother will be mother. Many years ago my father told me something that always stayed in my head. a few years ago I told him that US is the best country in the world. He asked me why I think that. like and idiot I said to him because everyone one is working and is happy. He said if US looks good its because in 20th century many parts of the world was destroyed because of American (western) politics and their riches and their people were brought here to US benefit. My dad had to leave Armenia after the earthquake when the Soviet system was falling in 1989 and he was unemployed so he came here so he can provide for us but his heart is there and he takes us there regularly. So yeah I live here because of worlds condition today but I see this place is also declining slowly so I dont see future her for me. I really hope to live in Armenia one day.

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  Perish the thought that anyone would pour scorn on a country where they study or work, I'm just thankful that you never do that.

That study,work or it's location may have been decided for them by outside forces which could be economical, educational or parental, who knows?

You certainly don't know Serjik or his circumstances but I'm not surprised you don't let that stop you being an expert on him, why change the habits of a lifetime?

Comment

It seems that this thread needed some clean up!
                    Keep things on topic people!!

Comment

Report: Unemployment level in Armenia reaches 18.64%

January 22, 2014 | 12:35

In 2013 the unemployment level in Armenia reached 18.64%, shows the Global Unemployment Trends 2014 report published by International Labour Organization.

The report says in general, unemployment levels are significantly higher in the Central and South-Eastern Europe (non-EU) subregion than in the CIS subregion, where only Armenia is recording high unemployment rates (17.3 per cent in 2012).

Unemployment rate in neighboring Georgia made 14.3% and in Azerbaijan – 5.5%. The report indicates an increase of the unemployment rate in Turkey and the Russian Federation.

According to the report, almost 202 million people were unemployed in 2013 around the world, an increase of almost 5 million compared with the year before. Young people continue to be particularly affected by the weak and uneven recovery. The global youth unemployment rate has reached 13.1 per cent, which is almost three times as high as the adult unemployment rate.

Almost 202 million people were unemployed in 2013 around the world...

Comment

Working...
                      X