Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Does anyone know how to use Armenian fonts on Vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to use Armenian fonts on Vista?

I've looked on many sites and can't find any compatible ones that are actually 'gogig' and readable. Does anyone know where I could download a free Armenian font for Vista?

Or if there are people familiar with Vista who can tell me how to activate the Armenian font already on here, that would be good too, because I tried and it won't work.

One reason why I need it is because there are many sites in Armenian which my computer cannot reveal (some work, many don't). I also want it to be able to type in Armenian... there is actually an online converter which I had no problem using, but ever since I started using Vista, when I paste the Armenian letters into Microsoft Word, there are all these gaps between the letters which I can't get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Does anyone know how to use Armenian fonts on Vista?

You know the places where you can choose the language, you go there and you choose Armenian and you can type with eastern and western Armenian

Comment

you can open any armenian newspaper site, (for my part I used the Aztag)either hayasdanci or spurkahye and look into the margins, there is always a 'download armenian fonts' there and they specify for every windows program, vista, xp, 2003 etc. just download them from there and you can read all the armenian press + armenian sites using armenian as a language

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat
        You know the places where you can choose the language, you go there and you choose Armenian and you can type with eastern and western Armenian
        I tried that, it won't work. I might be doing it wrong, but I don't know. Plus, Vista only has eastern Armenian, and I need western.

Originally posted by vasbourakan1
        you can open any armenian newspaper site, (for my part I used the Aztag)either hayasdanci or spurkahye and look into the margins, there is always a 'download armenian fonts' there and they specify for every windows program, vista, xp, 2003 etc. just download them from there and you can read all the armenian press + armenian sites using armenian as a language
        I tried this too, but I haven't seen a font that says its compatible with Vista. It only goes up to Windows 2003 (if you have seen one thats compatible with Vista, please send the link)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
          I tried that, it won't work. I might be doing it wrong, but I don't know. Plus, Vista only has eastern Armenian, and I need western.

I tried this too, but I haven't seen a font that says its compatible with Vista. It only goes up to Windows 2003 (if you have seen one thats compatible with Vista, please send the link)
          Have you pushed alt+shift to change between fonts

Comment

LOL... Ya alt+shift worked, thanks for that. But 2 problems: It only has eastern Armenian, and I need western. Ya I know its the same alphabet but its so much easier for me to do it in western, since I'm western Armenian and I'm already used to the western layout on the keyboard.

And the 2nd problem is the biggest one, and its with microsoft word-- there are huge gaps between letters which I can't fix. It basically looks like this:

Մի ք ր ո ս ո ֆ դ ի ն մայ րը դ աղ ե մ :

You can't even tell where one word starts and the other ends when you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
              LOL... Ya alt+shift worked, thanks for that. But 2 problems: It only has eastern Armenian, and I need western. Ya I know its the same alphabet but its so much easier for me to do it in western, since I'm western Armenian and I'm already used to the western layout on the keyboard.

And the 2nd problem is the biggest one, and its with microsoft word-- there are huge gaps between letters which I can't fix. It basically looks like this:

Մի ք ր ո ս ո ֆ դ ի ն մայ րը դ աղ ե մ :

You can't even tell where one word starts and the other ends when you look at it.
              There I can't help ya got the same problems

Comment

quote Մի ք ր ո ս ո ֆ դ ի ն մայ րը դ աղ ե մ unquote
                lol that one is good, specially with all their new versions which create than resoving problems

Comment

True... Vista sucks ass, its just like XP except with better graphics and more problems. I had none of these problems on XP, but when we got a new computer it came with Vista which I was not aware of until it was too late (I didn't buy the thing). I was actually pissed when I set it up and I saw Vista starting up... I used it in school for a whole semester and didn't like it, so it wasn't like I had never tried it out before.

Maybe I need to finally repair my other computer which has been in the trunk of my car for like 4 months, ever since it crashed and wouldn't start up anymore. But from the symptoms I think I just need to replace the motherboard.

The problem with Windows though, is they put every tiny option up to the user. If you know about computers, you have more performance options than with a Mac. But for the average joe like myself its a pain in the ass. An example of this is a music program I recently bought-- worked perfectly on my friend's Mac, but on my Vista, I can't access like 95% of the program, because there are a few settings which I probably need to change. Payts yegoor yev kdir inch bedk e pokhes...

Anyways if you guys figure out how to fix the spacing problem in miscrosoft word, or if you stumble on a western Armenian font for Vista, indzi hishetsek

Comment

I am trying to find out Armenian Fonts Free Download for Windows Vista Home Premium operating system! Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X