Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Arevakal - Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arevakal - Podcast

We are living in the information age and people are spending on time on the internet more than ever before seeking for answers about love, life and God in an atmosphere that never existed more than 20 years ago, cyberspace. Through many discussions on internet forums I saw people asking and talking about their faith and more specifically Armenians talking about their faith. From these discussions lead to other discussions, with Mashdots Jobanian (Director of the Christian Education Department of the Western Diocese of the Armenian Church of North America), regarding the idea of spirituality in the information age. Through these conversations, thoughts and prayers moved by the inspired words of Saint Gregory of Narek, brought about and produced the following podcast:

– From the Depths of the Heart, Speaking with God - .

These podcasts deal with the spiritual challenges from our daily lives to sharing the Gospel and applying the Faith of the ancient Church in the 21st century. Join us in discussions which open the door that delves into our very existence as Armenian Christians by reflecting on the treasures of the Gospel from nearly 2000 years of faith and history. These discussions share the teachings, the prayers and the ideals shared by the Church through her Saints, Teachers and Martyrs. These discussions are also intended to provide you, the listener, the ability to be an interactive contributor to the podcast. This is your opportunity to ask those difficult questions or issues that you might have about your faith. This program also helps to provide direction to those is looking to grow in their faith and for those who have honest and sincere questions about the Armenian Church.

Please send your questions to:[email protected]

*All programming is in Armenian

Re: Arevakal - Podcast

Thank you for posting this link, Yeznik. I have downloaded all of the podcasts to my computer and plan to listen to them over the next few days. Is this your website? If so, I hope you keep posting new episodes regularly.

Comment

Thank you Yeznik. I hope it will elaborate and more materials will be introduced into the site. The audio programs seem to be pretty interesting. And it's good that the programming is in Armenian.

And I wouldn't be surprised if all this was done by you... Great job!
      Last edited by Lucin; 02-10-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I hope that everyone had the opportunity to listen to some of the discussions. If anyone has any comments or questions please let the site know. We have released a new podcast today - Approaching the Book of Revelation - please click on the following link for the programming : http://arevakal.com/podcast.html

I am a humble part of this project (website and podcast), we are planning to produce a new podcasts weekly. If you enjoyed the programming please feel free to forward it to your friends.

Lucin and Yerazhishda thank you for your sincere interest and complements.

Comment

We have released a 3 new podcasts today:

Medz Bahk (Lent) :
          Every wonder why 40 days and where spiritual fasting originated in Christianity. In this discussion we look into the meaning and purpose of Medz Bahk.

Why Does God Let Evil Exist :
          The discussion is the classic question, “If God is so good and loving, why does He let evil exist?”

Repentance:
          The word for Repentance in Armenian is composed of two words meaning “to turn away from the world”. We look into “turning away from the world” and turning toward God.

please click on the following link for the programming : http://arevakal.com/podcast.html

Comment

Great job Yeznik. I'll try to hear it all as soon as possible. Keep up the good work .
            THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

I listened to some of them, took notes of many words I needed to have translated in English in order to understand, on the whole it was worth listening to, something about hearing sermons in Armenian is appealing to me even if my perspective on things differ significantly from those expressed in the bible :/

Comment

something about hearing sermons in Armenian is appealing to me even if my perspective on things differ significantly from those expressed in the bible :/

Like I said before J, all rivers end up in the ocean , no matter how small or big they are.
                THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

The Pope is pathetic...

Vatican complains to Israel about 'blasphemous' TV programme

The Vatican has lodged a formal complaint with the Israeli government over a TV programme that "ridiculed and blasphemed" Jesus and Mary.

In the programme, the host denied Christian traditions - that Mary was a virgin and that Jesus walked on water - saying he would do so as a "lesson" to Christians who deny the Holocaust, a reference to the Vatican's recent lifting of the excommunication of a bishop who denied 6 million xxxs were killed during the Second World War. The rehabilitation sparked outrage among xxxs.

The host, a well-known Israeli comedian Lior Shlein, also claimed that Mary became pregnant at 15 by a schoolmate and said that Jesus could never have walked on water because "he was so fat he was ashamed to leave the house, let alone go to the Sea of Galilee with a bathing suit."A statement from the Vatican press office said its representative in Israel had complained to the government about the show, which was broadcast recently on private Channel 10, one of Israel's three main television stations.

The statement said the government quickly assured the Holy See that it would intervene to interrupt the transmission and get the broadcaster to publicly apologise. But it wasn't immediately clear how the government could do so, as Channel 10 is a private station and is not subject to government censorship, except in matters of security.

The Vatican said that, in the clip, Mary and Joseph were "ridiculed with blasphemous words and images" that amounted to a "vulgar and offensive act of intolerance toward the religious sentiments of the believers in Christ."

Neither the Israeli government nor Channel 10 have commented publicly on the issue.

The programme was apparently a response to the Vatican's rehabilitation of Bishop Richard Williamson, who said in an interview broadcast on Swedish state TV that no xxxs had been gassed during the Holocaust and that only 200,000 or 300,000 xxxs were killed.

The Vatican's rehabilitation of Mr Williamson sparked outrage that only abated after Pope Benedict XVI met with xxxish leaders last week. During his audience, the German-born pope issued a strong denunciation of anti-Semitism and said it was unacceptable for anyone - particularly a clergyman - to deny or minimize the Holocaust.

The Vatican has demanded that Mr Williamson, a member of the traditionalist Society of St Pius X, recant before he can be admitted as a bishop in the Roman Catholic Church. On Thursday, the government of Argentina, where Mr Williamson had been living, ordered him expelled within 10 days. It cited an immigration problem but also said his comments about the Holocaust had profoundly insulted Argentina, xxxs and all of humanity.

The British-born bishop had already been removed as director of the society's La Reja seminary. He has apologised for causing distress to the pope but has not recanted. He has said he would only correct himself if he is satisfied after a review of the evidence, but has said that would take time.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...programme.html

Comment

Woe to you Israel, who claim to be worshippers of God yet blaspheme His name at the first chance...

Comment

Working...
                    X