Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Shameful fact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Shameful fact.

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    I am surprised you do not realise the level of assimilation taking place.
    A check list for you,

In order to maintain a population balance reproduction ought to be around 2.2 ofsprings.
    What is the rate of intermarriages.
    What percentage of the 2nd generation not communicating in their mother tongue (Armenian).

Remember most of the Armenian diaspora now is in Russia, US and France/Europe and not Iran/Lebanon/Syria.
    It should not be difficult to see where we are heading.

Also its all about the state of the Nation as a whole and not just finding a little hole, getting in and declaring I am Armenian.
    It's a temporary(albeit long) solution. It's not perfect given our difficult history. Look at history of jooz and where they are now. That's the best example. You can't force people to go back to armenia, they have to want to do that, and be able to, get help etc.
    We're in a dangerous phase, I agree, but what's the alternative? Atleast we're keeping our identity alive until the day comes when things get better in Armenia. As long as Armenia exists, there's still hope.
    I'd go as far as saying that one of the main reasons why western armenians didn't forget their identity in the last 20-30 years is because Armenia still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiko310 View Post
      3 years later, and not much has changed
      When are you moving back to Hayastan? It's surprising that in the Armenian diaspora of Russia I would say there is less ignorance amongst Armenians regarding their culture and identity. This probably stems from that they are reminded of it every day.

We can't really do much though, that's what happens to diasporas, I think Muslim diasporas are much more resilient and we need to learn from them.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        When are you moving back to Hayastan? It's surprising that in the Armenian diaspora of Russia I would say there is less ignorance amongst Armenians regarding their culture and identity. This probably stems from that they are reminded of it every day.

We can't really do much though, that's what happens to diasporas, I think Muslim diasporas are much more resilient and we need to learn from them.
        There aren't muslim diasporas, there muslim invasions........but that's another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
          There aren't muslim diasporas, there muslim invasions........but that's another thread.
          Hmm, there are Persian-Americans though, plenty of whom are Muslim, not to mention plenty of Muslim Palestinians.
          Plus Christians invaded too, it's just Muslims who did historically, I mean Spain and England were both Christian nations and invaded half of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
            Hmm, there are Persian-Americans though, plenty of whom are Muslim, not to mention plenty of Muslim Palestinians.
            Plus Christians invaded too, it's just Muslims who did historically, I mean Spain and England were both Christian nations and invaded half of the world.
            Spain and England were global Empires. They weren't "nations". Besides, many J3ws (As with any Empire) occupied many important posts, both religious and political who served the crown/kingdom. Labeling them Christian nations would be like labeling America a Christian nation when we know that all the positions of authority and control are held by J3ws.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              Lol, what I mean though is Muslim groups tend to be much more resilient to assimilation.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Spain and England were global Empires. They weren't "nations". Besides, many J3ws (As with any Empire) occupied many important posts, both religious and political who served the crown/kingdom. Labeling them Christian nations would be like labeling America a Christian nation when we know that all the positions of authority and control are held by J3ws.
                The Persian, Arab and Ottoman Empires were also Empires. The English are a nation, the Spanish are a nation. The Spanish invaded for gold under the premise of spreading Catholicism, like it or not, they were seen as a Christian nation by themselves, they drove out the Muslims and xxxs for the very reason of Christianity.

Like it or not, after the Iranian revolution, many Muslim Persians moved, after the Israeli invasion, many Palestinians became refugees, there are Muslim diasporas, or rather people who happen to be Muslim. I can argue there is no Christian diaspora as such. Sure there is an Assyrian, Armenian, Greek, etc. diaspora, but Christians as a whole don't have a diaspora if we look at the French, English, Spanish, etc. they invaded.

Like it or not, Christians and Muslims are both capable of conquering and bloodthirst

Comment

There is no English or Spanish nation. Traditionally, a nation refers to people/tribes who share a common language, culture, ethnicity and descent. The "modern" usage seems to imply to people who share a common government/territory regardless of their ethnic heritage. Armenians have been Armenian for millenia irregardless of their host government. We are stubborn f*ckers.
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I bed to differ, there is a Spanish and English nation as in ethnicity.
                    Spain and England have it's own language, culture, history, music, cuisine, historical figures, etc. in other words they are nations.

English descended from the Angles which were a Germanic tribe, that intermarried with Norsemen, some French and a small amount of the indigenous Celtic population. Spaniards descend from Romans, Arabs, xxxs and Celts and Germanics who lived in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                      I bed to differ, there is a Spanish and English nation as in ethnicity.
                      Spain and England have it's own language, culture, history, music, cuisine, historical figures, etc. in other words they are nations.

English descended from the Angles which were a Germanic tribe, that intermarried with Norsemen, some French and a small amount of the indigenous Celtic population. Spaniards descend from Romans, Arabs, xxxs and Celts and Germanics who lived in the region.

Omacl is the industry leader for short term loans. We can have cash paid out within 60 minutes. Fill in our easy 3 minute application form now, everyone is welcome.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tiko310; 12-06-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X