Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

WTF? Turkish Editor Probably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF? Turkish Editor Probably

Originally posted by stratosfer
    I just want you to know that how powerful country is Turkey.
    It can just be dream for you to get back the lands you claim to be yours.
    Please someone answer me, if you know a little about the history, you can know that .............
    The question was not about the American powerful military bases located in Turkey.

Originally posted by Yakamoz
    I am speaking according to wikipedia. (Check from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenians )

According to you, 90.000 X 100 = 9 millions

If 9 millions Armenians were living here, how about genocide ?

Be careful when you claim something.
    Originally posted by gegev View Post
    The part of the survived western Armenians on their land (now called Turky) have been enforced to hide their nationality and during the long period (about 100 years) you get the number.

Now when you want to become an EU member and because, as you claim, it is a Christian Club, many Turks will convert to Christianity and/or claim that they are Armenians to get approval to be the Club member and enjoy their high living standard benefits.
    The question is: Do you want to join EU?
    Last edited by gegev; 05-23-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stratosfer
      you claim the genocide but my grandparents were killed by Armenians like somebody from their village killed some Armenians.
      There were battles, conflicts but there wasn't a genocide.

...Please someone answer me, if you know a little about the history, you can know that Armenians really had upper positions in the Ottoman Empire than any other nations, and really were treated like brothers for centuries.
      If Turks were only killers, why we wouldn't kill all Armenians for 1000 year and wait?
      The usual Turk deniers crap... We have answered these rectal ejaculations quadrillions of gazillion times. I post the following for a change:

In response to the parasite that claims Armenians died in communal clashes: “It was war, people died.” (15/11/2007)

Accidentally

It all happened accidentally…
      There was no intention to hurt anyone
      Nor any design to usurp all they had
      Accidentally everything went wrong
      And all good intents came out looking bad

Poor omnipotent empire of the faithful
      Had striven to make the compulsory journey
      For treacherous infidels engaged in mutiny
      As agreeable and pleasant as a joyful dream

Though being attacked and betrayed without end
      The founders of all human culture
      Were too short of means and especially of “men”
      To take proper care of rebellious traitors
      Who, although outnumbered their guides hundredfold
      At least, and despite immense amounts of weaponry
      That they carried unchecked and skills they hid
      With which they could kill
      More than two and a half million believers,
      Weren’t in state to revolt against their gracious captors

Accidentally the somehow untrained soldiers
      Mistook the instruction that clearly screamed
      “To Disneyland” and as a result of an error
      (An accidental outbreak of dyslexia ‘twas deemed)
      They all misread the address as “Deir ez Zor”

Incidentally they raped the rebels
      Though not on purpose but by sheer mishap
      Frequently they robbed them as well
      Neither was there any prior resolve in that

Accidentally Kurds would cross their path
      Not that they were informed of the arrival
      At such luxurious wasteland, of merry masses
      Of dangerous subjects, at their disposal

Pillage and slaughter, torture and abuse
      Was the accidental order of the day
      However tragic it was not ordered
      They merely obeyed their instincts of beasts of prey

Contrary to the innocent scheme
      Only the landlord was completely wiped
      Off their homeland for millennia and therein.
      Which evil mind can see machination devised?

Is it an event worthy of notice
      That accidentally the “faithful” survived
      And using the genes of despoiled orphans
      Bred like rodents and multiplied
      While the last memories of banished natives
      Accidentally turned to dust or vanished?
      (So the culprits think and make believe)

Accidentally just the temples of those gone
      Are razed to the ground, in war exercises
      With the supposed followers of Christ
      Who couldn’t care less for history they never had
      And the monuments of the people of God’s Lamb
      Are reduced to cinder, accidentally one must add,
      While the phallic symbols of the devil firmly stand

How can anyone even doubt or dispute
      The sincerity of a species of manlike creatures
      That has not yet acquired the attributes
      Of civilized men: shame, remorse and guilt,
      Honesty and sincerity their commonest features?

….

Yet it was unwanted, a misfortune
      That only the owners of the land perished
      Of accidental hunger and fatigue
      And unintentional butchery and bloodshed
      Agonized to death on the burning sands
      In the least a well thought and carried out plan

So claim the scavengers on two legs
      Wolves in men’s skin hyenas in man’s shape
      That accidentally broke into others’ home
      And certainly out of there will they be thrown

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Turkey has never given Armenia 12 points but they do give us high points each and every year. Turkey and "azerbaijan" are locked every year to give each other 12 points. The explanation i've heard for why/how Turkey gives Armenia points every year is the Armenian community there who works hard on it but don't know how much of it is accurate.

But anyway, the 1 point we gave to "azerbaijan" should not have happened. That was beyond ridiculous.
        Well, politics play a high role in the ESC, that's sad but true. I used to live in Istanbul when I was a high schooler, and I can tell that Turkish people want peace, not war. And for the azerbaijan thing, Turks say that we are a nation with Azerbaijan, but just two different governments. Turks feel close to Azerbaijan, I must say. They do want to feel close to Armenians too but politics and "genocide issue" bans this.
        Don't get me wrong, I do recognize the genocide but that was not made to destroy the Armenian race, the Ottoman government didn't want that but it ended up like that. I'm pretty sure about that cause when i was in the high school, I read tons of documents about it..

Comment

Originally posted by despina View Post
          Well, politics play a high role in the ESC, that's sad but true. I used to live in Istanbul when I was a high schooler, and I can tell that Turkish people want peace, not war. And for the azerbaijan thing, Turks say that we are a nation with Azerbaijan, but just two different governments. Turks feel close to Azerbaijan, I must say. They do want to feel close to Armenians too but politics and "genocide issue" bans this.
          Don't get me wrong, I do recognize the genocide but that was not made to destroy the Armenian race, the Ottoman government didn't want that but it ended up like that. I'm pretty sure about that cause when i was in the high school, I read tons of documents about it..
          did you go to high school in turkey? if you did your education on the armenian genocide is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiko310 View Post
            did you go to high school in turkey? if you did your education on the armenian genocide is worthless.
            well, i recognize the genocide. I support the armenian side on that. But what i was trying to say is the purpose was not to mass kill armenians.. it ended up that way.
            I only went to hs on the 1st year at turkey.

Comment

a genocide is "mass killings" of a race. how else would you get rid of them. how can there be a genocide without mass killings. what was the purpose, asking US to kill ourselves?

Comment

purpose was to take armenians away from the fighting area, but many many Armenians got robbed, and died on the way.

Comment

purpose was to take armenians away from the fighting area, but many many Armenians got robbed, and died on the way.
                  despina, you're simply quoting turc denialist junk here............if you learnt this in HS in turkey, we can forgive you and educate you with the FACTS, did you learn this in Greece or turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    despina, you're simply quoting turc denialist junk here............if you learnt this in HS in turkey, we can forgive you and educate you with the FACTS, did you learn this in Greece or turkey?
                    yea, actually that's what i was thought in Bolis. I'd like to learn the facts.I'm gonna read it on forum. But as a person whom has lived among the Turks, I don't say that they are bad people. Let's agree on those. We can't judge the whole Turkish people for what has done in the past. Turkish people today are not mass killers, I can say. In the past they might have done evil stuff I admit but that doesn't mean every Turk is evil. ok?

Comment

yea, actually that's what i was thought in Bolis. I'd like to learn the facts.I'm gonna read it on forum. But as a person whom has lived among the Turks, I don't say that they are bad people. Let's agree on those. We can't judge the whole Turkish people for what has done in the past. Turkish people today are not mass killers, I can say. In the past they might have done evil stuff I admit but that doesn't mean every Turk is evil. ok?

I was born in Bolis, I know modern Turks aren't "evil" but there are those that deny our right to existence by denying the genocide. This all comes from what the Turkish government teaches them.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X