Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Does anyone feel like me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone feel like me?

Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Fri 07 Sep 2007 02:43 PM MST | Permanent Link
    I live in LA and like everyone else I meet (it seems), I didn't grow up here. I would LOVE to leave... but my producer (a xxxxing xxxxxxx of a 'Los Angeleno') is deciding to take his sweet ass time with my record. He's lazy, self-absorbed, and cheating on his wife... like everyone else here. Along with my entire savings, LA has taken my heart, soul, and sanity. I now hate people and life more than I ever did. Guess I've become one of 'them'.

Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Thu 27 Sep 2007 11:43 PM MST | Permanent Link
    So it's LA's fault that you're a crappy musician? Sorry your lousy record isn't taking off quite like you had dreamed it would. Just because people don't call your music "genius" out here like they did at the coffeeshops back home doesn't mean that everyone out here is fat, lazy, self absorbed, and cheating on their spouses. It just means you suck at making music and making business decisions. I got news for you. It's people like you that make LA suck. You bitter transplants who came out here with more dreams than talent. Go back home to playing open mike night at the Koffee Klatch in Huntsville, AL. Quitter.
    Re: Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Thu 13 Dec 2007 08:27 PM MST | Permanent Link
    I think we should split LA into a separate state. Southern Ca and Northern Ca. Then cut off the water from Northern CA and make those ignorant A-holes desalinate their water. peace i'm out
    by Anonymous on Thu 28 Feb 2008 08:53 AM MST | Permanent Link
    I moved from Madison, WI, to LA to work in the tv industry. Talk about a culture shock. I went from a city of overeducated, but friendly, earthy people to a city of bimbos and rude xxxxers. The rudeness and superficiality were reasons I hated it most and eventually left. Drivers were xxxxxxxs, cashiers at the grocery store wouldn't even acknowledge customers with "hi," and most people wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire unless you had connections. In LA, it's all about how you look, who you know, and how much you earn.
    by Anonymous on Wed 05 Mar 2008 11:34 AM MST | Permanent Link
    I'm originally from another country, and I had lived in LA for a decade before I finally got out. Thank God I got out! I was always unhappy while in LA, but I didn't understand exactly why until I moved to another great city and experienced something totally different. I agree there is a culture of prejudice that is unique to LA. It's not the typical White vs the rest of the world prejudice but one that flows in all directions, between all ethnic communities. On top of that, people are indeed a lot more shallow and rude in LA and it's difficult to forge meaningful relationships. And yes, compared to NY or London, the nightlife in LA is basically nonexistent. I guess for me the most frustrating thing about people in LA is that, unlike in NY or London where difference can often mean cool, in LA if you seem different and don't have the "LA vibes", then people automatically look down on and condescend to you without knowing ANYTHING else about you. This is especially severe in the middle class eastern suburbs of LA. The diversity in LA is a sham, as there is virtually no interaction between communities. In short, LA is simply not a good place to live, and it's by far not as great of a world city as NY, London or even San Francisco. If you can, then get the hell out, as I did.
    by Carolina on Thu 27 Mar 2008 11:09 PM MST | Permanent Link
    I agree 100% with this. I'm also from another country living here for the experience but after three years... I've had enough. I'm out of here. hahaha

Sorry people but the only ones that like it here are the fat and ugly ones who LOVE being inside their cars or the people lucky enough to get paid well enough to live in a nice area.

by Anonymous on Mon 31 Mar 2008 07:56 PM MST | Permanent Link
    yeah, Los Angeles SUCKS ASS !! I lived there 2 years and was glad to xxxxing leave its smelly ass. I hate LA, its people and its over-sensitivity. Bunch of whiney crybabies, WORSE than some of the whiners who visit or move there. It sucks. Go to hell Los xxxxing Angeles, city of xxxs and princesses.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Sat 03 May 2008 01:13 AM MST | Permanent Link
    i have been in LA for less than two months as a traveler and i already started to have suicidal thoughts! this city indeed a small model of the idea of globalization. people from lots of ethnicities but without any interaction. all they do is to consume consume consume. LA is huge cinema , everybody is palying a role. its schizophrenic, neurotic and superficial as Hollywood itslef. sickest place in the world. I sure can use a vacation from this bullxxxx three ring circus side show of freaks in this xxxxing xxxxhole we call it LA the only way to fix it is to flush it aaaallll aaaaaawwwwaaaaay. that was by tool BTW
    by Anonymous on Sun 24 Aug 2008 05:45 PM MST | Permanent Link
    Getting paid well has nothing to do with luck, loser.
    by Anonymous on Sun 18 May 2008 12:39 AM MST | Permanent Link
    I think LA sucks SOOOO bad that I searched out this blog to warn people about it.

Living proof that all the bullxxxx on TV is actually being absorbed!

To live in LA and enjoy it, You literally have to be out of your xxxxin' mind!

It is the most disgusting place I've ever seen.

Garbage lined streets that smell all day of piss!

On rainy days every residential street wreaks of the endless stream of dog xxxx!

A culture full of people who are so adapt to living in trash the word "litter" is not in their vocabulary.

Pure hell where xxxxxs and greed are championed and rewarded.

The Filthy rich, and the filthy poor!

LA-The dirtiest drug infected xxx mecca in America.
    (big xxxxin' hooray)

and of course....every xxx needs a "Hag" and her little dog too!

Stupidest women on the planet.

xxxx LA FOREVER!!!

Should be next on list for major world disaster.

certainly got my vote.

Glad to be back home on the east coast!
    Never going back again.

BLECH!!!
    xxxxin' Weirdos!
    Lost Angeles for sure.
    by Anonymous on Wed 04 Jun 2008 01:58 PM MST | Permanent Link
    Guys,

I was thinking of applying for a job in LA but I thought I'd look this up. A tour guide in the US once said to me 'LA sucks' so I googled that and sure enough, it is all there, including the racism from the first link you get. I'm from London. We don't really have smog like you do. I went to see a mate a few years ago in LA and my eyes stung something rotten. You have no city center, just some hand imprints in a wall. Everyone needed to have the biggest truck, because they think that relates to their nob size. Sorry, no it doesn't. No, I shalln't be applying for that job.
    by Anonymous on Wed 25 Jun 2008 08:00 AM MST | Permanent Link
    I moved to L.A. in 2005 and the only thing I liked about the city was the weather; always dry and warm during the day and cool at night. I'm from Miami where it's always hot and extremely humid even at night. I didn't find the people too friendly, they didn't seem overly rude either. The traffic sucked, but thats to be expected in a big city. Also, for some reason I was getting these bad colds, it seems every other month. Maybe it was from the poor air quality. Another thing I liked about L.A. was the outdoor activities available. You can go surfing, hiking, Mountain climbing, Mountain biking, and skiing(couple hours east in the winter). It's location on the map also gives it a close proximity to some pretty nice places; Las Vegas (5 hours to the east), San Diego (couple hours to the south), San Fransisco (8 hours to the north).
    I moved back to Miami in 2007(ran out of money) and am eventually planning on moving somewhere else, nothing wrong with Miami, just want to explore other places.
    To anyone that wants to move to L.A., I wouldn't make any decisions on what city to move to by reading some blog. You need to experience the city for yourself. There are always some people in every city who are bitter about life and hate the city they live in. It's probably wise to visit a city first before you go all in and move.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Sun 07 Sep 2008 07:26 PM MST | Permanent Link
    LA is the absolute dirtiest piece of xxxx I have ever seen. The nice spots are inside vacant looking buildings... ALL the buildings are so old and all have an old rotten wood smell inside. The streets are xxxxing so so so disgusting. I'm originally from Las Vegas and I am used to clean communities and a generally clean city. I can't agree more with the person who said the streets are always lined with a piss smell. People are generally self absorbed. So even when you meet someone with a descent personality, they will always root for themselves over you any day. This is probably because everyone takes themselves so seriously --because they are actors. I mean NO ONE can laugh at themselves.. the people here genuinly suck. I'm an actor, and I can't stand the actors out here.. because they all will hate you if you are an actor as well. No one supports you and genuinly wants you to do well... The streets are dangerous as well.. The traffic is a xxxxing disaster.. a xxxxINg disaster. Never before in my life have I been in so many traffic stops, not jams, stops for over 30 min.. where hundreds of cars just parked, and sat,, and waited some more.. oh, looks like were moving..turn our car back on.. oh, only 3 feet.. okay lets wait some more.. it is literally that bad.. and there are no real back streets of la.. because everyone is xxxxing on those as well. Good luck with who ever moves out here. I can't wait to leave.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Sat 20 Sep 2008 09:41 PM MST | Permanent Link
    THE epitome of america is Lost Angeles. And believe me, that's no compliment. The problem of globalizalization, colonization, ethnic segregation, and technological over stimulation. Let's throw in the natural problem of sitting in a metal shield with wheels for 2 hours a day and getting to know your neighbor through the windshield.

All i'm gonna say about the people is that i have never lived in a place where soooo many people are superficial, and the culture is so absorbed with tv/movie media vs (i know it's shocking .... READING a BOOK!!!) woa there it is..

without going too far, i have lived in various cities , san francisco, washington dc, phoenix , maui, and i'm gonna go on a limb and put the overall rating of la at a 5 out of 10. All the other cities get 6.5 or better. The only reason la doesn't get a 3.5 is cause of the sunny weather.

The disappointing thing about reading the blog is that i get the feeling that people that really defend this place are from here, and are too invested in it too think this place doesnt suck. And yea , I'm leaving , and wow, it feels like this place is as soulless a place as i've ever been too , and that's no xxxx.
    peace
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I Hate LA
    by Anonymous on Wed 05 Nov 2008 09:23 AM MST | Permanent Link
    Was actually raised in LA as a kid and then moved abroad and back. Fortunately, I have moved to another part of Cali. All I can say is that LA is not a place to LIVE. It's segregated and oftentimes racist, with everyone seemingly on their own personal agenda. Greed in this part of California is unrivaled, only to be surpassed by mindless airheads and bimbos. The worst place in my opinion is the xxxxin' San Fernando Valley - this place just blows in every imaginable way. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good people in LA and some very tough ones too (More Angelenos join the USMC than any other major city) but overall, as a longtime resident, there are other parts of the word where life is better enjoyed.

Comment

I guess your threatening me with a ban. What can I do? You can search any of the posts online, they are all there. I didn't make this up. The last few posts I made were from all types of Armericans, in SoCal. Not just Armenians.

Comment

Ideology, I'm still reading the thread and you're making some good points. Though I don't share your disappointment and frustration, I can see why you are. Don't let Mukuch or others intimidate you with silly questions like "Are you gay?" Yes that is an insult. You probably know that some are trying to discredit you, accuse you of this or that, push you to become defensive and ban you to silence you, that's all. Those people don't even have the courage to admit what they're doing, they don't even have the courage to be themselves.
        Don't play their game, limit yourself to those who sound reasonable and are open to discussion. Some are.

Comment

Ideology, will you ever repeat my quote?

"I LOVE LA. Of all places in the world, it is probably my most favorite region (it's a lot more than just a 'city')." I say this in seriousness but somehow I doubt you will ever repeat it. Why is that?

I have lived several years in Germany and Iran and have visited a number of countries in Europe. In the US, I have been to a lot of places including Alaska and Hawaii, lived several years in LA, Wisconsin, and now in the Bay area near San Francisco. So I am not just saying this without any experience. I still believe LA is one of the best places to live in the world. Of course it is NOT perfect. It has many problems ... but so does everywhere else.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Hi Sip. That is very interesting. You might love it or have a very unique set of circumstances that make you love it. Sometimes the historical culture of your personality can be very attractive to LAers. My mixed cultural experiences are like by outsiders. It all falls on being in a good envirement and around people similar to you. Very rarely have I heard a statement like yours, but again, the possibilities and circumstances are endless, and you found a good setup for yourself. If I had found the same, I would have stayed here. Then again, I was very unlucky with my surroundings and pretty much had no choice to be around it up until recently. Although this is true, there are so many complex issues in the sociology of LA, it is mind bending to think of them. Everywhere else has been simpler with more vigilant people from what I have noticed. This is a tough town, lots of self absorbed people who think of nothing but themselves, and too much jealousy... Thats how I feel about it. Again, the circumstances are endless, and this is my stance on LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideology View Post
              It is hard to find fine Armenians for me. My standards come from what I have experienced in other cultures. The flawless friendships I've had with many non Armenian friends were priceless. People you can put your guards down with, people who do good deeds for you (for no apparant reason at all), people who believe in honor and respect
              I stopped reading here.

You must use your creative force to turn your standards (if you believe they are so right) into a reality. If you do not like what you observe in your people, show them the right acts, remind them, and forgive them for their follies done in ignorance. If they spit on you, wipe it off with a gentle hand and you will not feel harmed. You will be able to continue with your work.

The point is not to feel offended or hurt by the acts of others when you know they are acting out of ignorance. It is only in this state when you can truly say you are above these people, not for snobbish reason but because you can genuinely guide them to do better.

Comment

To tell the truth I don’t like you, given your current views.

But yet there is another truth; your writing style is quite impressive and if you try hard, after reaching maturity to find out the right subject to muse upon. I guess you’ll become a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  I stopped reading here.

You must use your creative force to turn your standards (if you believe they are so right) into a reality. If you do not like what you observe in your people, show them the right acts, remind them, and forgive them for their follies done in ignorance. If they spit on you, wipe it off with a gentle hand and you will not feel harmed. You will be able to continue with your work.

The point is not to feel offended or hurt by the acts of others when you know they are acting out of ignorance. It is only in this state when you can truly say you are above these people, not for snobbish reason but because you can genuinely guide them to do better.
                  Very wise.
                  "All truth passes through three stages:
                  First, it is ridiculed;
                  Second, it is violently opposed; and
                  Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
                    Ideology, I'm still reading the thread and you're making some good points. Though I don't share your disappointment and frustration, I can see why you are. Don't let Mukuch or others intimidate you with silly questions like "Are you gay?" Yes that is an insult. You probably know that some are trying to discredit you, accuse you of this or that, push you to become defensive and ban you to silence you, that's all. Those people don't even have the courage to admit what they're doing, they don't even have the courage to be themselves.
                    Don't play their game, limit yourself to those who sound reasonable and are open to discussion. Some are.
                    Are you a gay too?
                    Just kidding

Would you be so kind to tell me:
                    1.Why do you think I am not being myself?
                    2.What exactly I am doing that I do not have courage to admit?

Such a grave accusations must be supported by some very serious substance.

If I have to have courage to admit that I am a gay than I am not....
                    Last edited by Mukuch; 05-18-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

One of the more uncompetable problems I have faced in my years of suggesting happiness to "some" Armenians is that some of these younger Armenians literally have the weight of the world on their shoulders, particularly in Hayastansis. I'll tell you why. Many Armenians have parents who just came to American from the old world. Unfortunately, there are a lot of immigrant parents who came here and have very low self esteem. In America, it is everyones obligation to stay as cheerful as possible to not bring down others around them. A lot of Armenian parents have a combination of psychological thoughts that ruin things for everyone. For one, many in this generation seem to have a very low self esteem. And in their country, life was a lot easier than it is in America. They are also under the impression that acting sad, down, or depressed is a legitamite way to get care and love from their children. They know their children hate to see their parents miserable and try to do anything they can to cheer them up. After a while, this becomes a daily event. And as time goes on, children start to realize how low their parents feel on a daily basis. Keep in mind, in America, the average person is well dressed, well groomed, speaks good English, and is attracted to cheerful people. Some of these Armenian elders are dressed very old fashion and simple, don't worry about their looks at all, speak broken English, and have an energy to them that is anything but happy. Americans don't want to be anywhere near these types because they might bring them down. Life is hard enough, and Americans like to be around cheerful people to stay up. Now since the children are busting their ass more and more daily (since their parents are growing numb to the kids positive energy), the kids are getting worn out. After a while, these kids are growing up and spending 50% of their energy just to keep a house cheerful. With that and other problems like guilt tripping the kids, Armenian youth is growing to feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Again, this is for some Armenian families and there are too many Armenian families like this. This also is leading to something much more horrific than I could have possibly imagined. More and more Armenians are talking about getting married and having their parents live with them! This is incredible! I can't believe how many Armenians are falling for this. Not that anyone is tricking them, (although parents should refuse to live with their kids when married), but living with mom and dad, or just mom, will bring absolute disaster to Armenians. Forget about ever having freedom. Some Armenians have never had their own place to experience how personal freedom feels in their own homes, and now they have cancelled any chance of that, forever! Secondly, the marriage (love) needs to be fed with romance. However that romance comes... It will be 10 times harder to introduce any type of romance in a marriage when someones parents live in the same house. What about sex? How quiet would you have to be? How often would you have to skip nights of sex just from the fear of being heard? And what happens when the mother-in-law or whatever the relation, starts acting like she/he is the man of the house? Can you imagine the anomosity that builds over time between the real man of the house and the parent? And if the marriage falls apart.... it would be too late for anyone to say, "I knew this was going to happen." Basically, the point is that some Armenians, from youth are being forced to serve their parents and are punished by guilt or whatever if they don't. Americans raise their kids and teach them to go out and get a life of their own. In another words, to be strong enough for self support in order to maintain their own lives out their in the world. Armenian parents are (and of course not all parents, but..) teaching their kids to serve them for life, and sometimes even expect to live with their kids when they get married. This sucks out so much of their energy, they become grumps. It becomes 10 times harder to be successful. Now how can someone compete with this? What do you tell someone who is stuck in this situation? All you can say is your opinion, and if they believe you, the guilt their parents through on them afterwards will crush their decisiveness on a more beautiful life. Sometimes the youth is smarter than the elders, and if the elders are immigrants, then most likely the youth is smarter and more versed in the American lifestyle. There is no way to make America - Armenia. America is America, and to live happily here, we need to assimulate, not cling on to our past. We can still be American and Armenian, American-Armenian, but do what benefits the group as a whole. I personally refused a 2nd date with a gorgous Armenian girl just for the comment on her mom living with her. I know how miserable a life it would become, and it's a shame she didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X