Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ergenekon and Turkish Gladio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ergenekon and Turkish Gladio

What do you think about it?

Re: Ergenekon and Turkish Gladio

The fact that Turks are able to talk about it in Turkey tells me they're crawling out of the political stone ages. I'm impressed. Even while doing some recon at the ataa website, while reading about their non-stop generalization about Armenians being terrorists, in between the lines they were conceding that hundreds of thousands of Armenians died. This is also new for most older Turks.

Having been raised in such a hyped up nationalist culture, these must seem 'treasonous' to the older Turks.

With the internet, and understanding that there really is a little bit of Hrant Dink inside many loyal Turkish citizens, I believe that Turkey is actually striving to remove the powers-that-be (military) from governmental control.

It's sad to see this whereas Armenians (since this is an Armenan messageboard) are so smart, talented, and prosperous in any/every arena of live they venture (music, career, business, ect) EXCEPT politics. We can't even get along with ourselves, and tolerate those who have a different opinion on an issue...how can we ever be a truly independent nation? Turkey is developing its independence from NATO/U.S. whereas Armenia is going from a Russian satellite to some xxxxx, selling its soul to genocide-denying, anti-Armenian bigots (kemalists)...who will probably sell Artsakh back to Azerbaijan.

I'm happy for Turkish people. Their future looks good. I'm sad as an Armenian, because since 1993, by every passing year, I have less and less reason (and emotion) about returning to what is left of Hayastan. Once they admit to the faults of the older generations, and stop their ethnic/race based laws/nationalism, I believe many Armenians will move there. Already you have so many Tashnags visiting Turkey, and Armenian citizens smuggling into Turkey, once Turkey becomes more 'open', I can see more Armenians doing what is already going on today...despite the facts regarding todays Turkish government. And for the record, I'll never be one of them...I'll never move Turkey.
    kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
      The fact that Turks are able to talk about it in Turkey tells me they're crawling out of the political stone ages. I'm impressed. Even while doing some recon at the ataa website, while reading about their non-stop generalization about Armenians being terrorists, in between the lines they were conceding that hundreds of thousands of Armenians died. This is also new for most older Turks.

Having been raised in such a hyped up nationalist culture, these must seem 'treasonous' to the older Turks.

With the internet, and understanding that there really is a little bit of Hrant Dink inside many loyal Turkish citizens, I believe that Turkey is actually striving to remove the powers-that-be (military) from governmental control.

It's sad to see this whereas Armenians (since this is an Armenan messageboard) are so smart, talented, and prosperous in any/every arena of live they venture (music, career, business, ect) EXCEPT politics. We can't even get along with ourselves, and tolerate those who have a different opinion on an issue...how can we ever be a truly independent nation? Turkey is developing its independence from NATO/U.S. whereas Armenia is going from a Russian satellite to some xxxxx, selling its soul to genocide-denying, anti-Armenian bigots (kemalists)...who will probably sell Artsakh back to Azerbaijan.

I'm happy for Turkish people. Their future looks good. I'm sad as an Armenian, because since 1993, by every passing year, I have less and less reason (and emotion) about returning to what is left of Hayastan. Once they admit to the faults of the older generations, and stop their ethnic/race based laws/nationalism, I believe many Armenians will move there. Already you have so many Tashnags visiting Turkey, and Armenian citizens smuggling into Turkey, once Turkey becomes more 'open', I can see more Armenians doing what is already going on today...despite the facts regarding todays Turkish government. And for the record, I'll never be one of them...I'll never move Turkey.

You have quite a distorted view of Armenia and its future. Things are not as bleak for Armenia as you assume nor are they as bright for turkey. The rift inside the turkish power structure is not a big issue, whichever side wins, turkey will continue to operate the same way it has for the past 70 years. Their core interests and alliancies are unlikely to change. Do not fall into the delusion that there is row between ankara and tel aviv or ankara and washington. The modern republic of turkey was established by western permission and it will take something drastic for this relationship to be terminated on either end.

As for Armenians not getting along with each other, well I guess that has been a national curse for sometime, but as others have pointed out, Moscow will ensure that Armenians do not shot themselves in the head, so to speak, since Moscow has designs on the role Armenia is to play in the region. However, it is never too late to change behaviors, in this case I do think it starts with one person at a time. It also would not hurt for officials in Yerevan to promote patriotic ideals amongst the populace of Armenia and the Diaspora, especially the youth.

I, unlike you, am looking forward to doing everything I can to help Armenia progress in all spheres. There is a difference between realism and pessimism, I hope you realize that.
      Last edited by Armanen; 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

If you search those keywords you'll find that we have covered this area extensively for the past 4 years.
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
          If you search those keywords you'll find that we have covered this area extensively for the past 4 years.
          Ah really? Sorry I did not know. My bad

Comment

And what are you doing?

In regards to what I pointed out and you replied to, Armenia resists harshly to freedom of speech, press, and treats war heroes worse than enemies.

I would like to be an optimist but I see the deck stacked against Armenia. I'm not pessimistic either, because we still have a lot of political clout at our disposal, and offer the homeland a lot of support as the xxxish did/do Israel.

I also see Turkey advancing nationally every imaginable way possible.

I'm open to suggestions...should I move to Yerevan? Donate to a charity? What do you suggest?
            kurtçul kangal

Comment

Good post........and I agree.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

And what are you doing?

In regards to what I pointed out and you replied to, Armenia resists harshly to freedom of speech, press, and treats war heroes worse than enemies.

I would like to be an optimist but I see the deck stacked against Armenia. I'm not pessimistic either, because we still have a lot of political clout at our disposal, and offer the homeland a lot of support as the xxxish did/do Israel.

I also see Turkey advancing nationally every imaginable way possible.

I'm open to suggestions...should I move to Yerevan? Donate to a charity? What do you suggest?

You may consider looking at what skills you have any how you can put them to use for Armenia and Armenians. If that includes moving to Armenia then so be it, but change will happen quicker if Armenians who really want to change things for the better, in Armenia, move to Armenia rather than bit*h and moan about it from afar.

And again, I think you are giving the turks too much credit.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

And what are you doing though? The question remains.
                  kurtçul kangal

Comment

And what are you doing though? The question remains.
                    I visit Armenia on a yearly basis, and along with my brother have purchased land there.

Now, what are you doing? You admit to not having been to Armenia since you left in the early 90s. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                    X