Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What Artsakh means to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Artsakh means to me

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    There is no point in repairing the roof while allowing the foundations to crumble. Shushi is not the foundations.
    I don't disagree with you but what do you have in mind?
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      There is no point in repairing the roof while allowing the foundations to crumble. Shushi is not the foundations.
      I have to agree. What are we investing in, if we are forfeiting the Armenian Cause and are opening the floodgates of Turkish-Kurdish inflow into Armenia proper.

Generations of Armenians, most children and grandchildren of Genocide survivors are in deep anguish right now and the Turks have succeeding in achieving what they wanted all along to drive a deep wedge between Armenia and Diaspora. We must remember that ALL Armenians no matter where are brothers and sisters, and the current defeatist regime simply does not represent the Armenian people.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        Thanks for the link Armanen, if anything, Artsakh always needs volunteer teachers of English of all things. There are few presently in Shushi schools and many in Stepanakert.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
          I have to agree. What are we investing in, if we are forfeiting the Armenian Cause and are opening the floodgates of Turkish-Kurdish inflow into Armenia proper.

Generations of Armenians, most children and grandchildren of Genocide survivors are in deep anguish right now and the Turks have succeeding in achieving what they wanted all along to drive a deep wedge between Armenia and Diaspora. We must remember that ALL Armenians no matter where are brothers and sisters, and the current defeatist regime simply does not represent the Armenian people.

In line with this, the real problem will be solved if Armenia is wealthier because then it can invest in cultural projects since there will be a surplus of cash. If Armenia does become a hub for trade between east and west as a result of recent events, then this will help to create a more prosperous Armenia. Nonetheless, something must change because Armenia can't remain static if it ever hopes to become a successful and powerful nation.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

In line with this, the real problem will be solved if Armenia is wealthier because then it can invest in cultural projects since there will be a surplus of cash. If Armenia does become a hub for trade between east and west as a result of recent events, then this will help to create a more prosperous Armenia. Nonetheless, something must change because Armenia can't remain static if it ever hopes to become a successful and powerful nation.
            I think hardly any Armenian is against this aspect and against prosperity. However, we should realize what policy is being pursued by both Turkey and Azerbaijan and not be disillusioned that we can have serious relationship until Turkey recognizes the Armenian Genocide and fulfills its obligation to reparation and restitution to the Armenian people based on the Arbitrary Award of President Woodrow Wilson which has come into legal power right after it was signed and sealed with the Great Seal of the president of the United States on November 22, 1920.

As far as Azerbaijan, they indeed have to again come to historic recognition that the people of Artsakh have spoken and have overwhelmingly voted for the path of self-determination. We can win together, if all Armenians pull together, we do not need to look to our mortal enemies who are still pursuing the path of our annihilation and falsely believe and call them "regional partners." Again, this is a language used by third parties which are not in the "firing line" as we are and look at the region from a "non-attached" viewpoint and would not consider it tragic if say Artsakh is ethnically cleansed and is again forcibly made part of Azerbaijan.

Comment

Armenia and Armenians have had almost 20 years to push for the Sevres Treaty, to take it to the ICJ, but we did not. Not too many were concerned about doing this, even though a number of scholars suggested we should sue turkey. Now the Great Powers want to tweak the region, and there is a good chance all sides can benefit from open borders, but many Armenians are now up in arms. Where was the outrage when Kocharyan fired Papyan, or where was the large scale support for those few people calling for Armenia to sue turkey?

Things are happening in the region and none of the countries actually in the region have a serious say in what occurs, especially Armenia, at least we can make the best of it and insure we are in the passenger seat rather than left out in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post

You are right there and no the defeatist government's regime does not at all represent the Armenian people in the homeland or in the diaspora.

Comment

No 'elected' government ever really represents the people, some are just worse than others.

Comment

Where was the outrage when Kocharyan fired Papyan, or where was the large scale support for those few people calling for Armenia to sue turkey?
                    I agree with you Armanen, we should have been more pro-active instead of reactionary. To be honest, I think few people expected Serzh to go this far. It was a huge miscalculation on our part. Diaspora for most part vehemently supported both the current and previous presidents up until the very end and it backfired horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      You are right there and no the defeatist government's regime does not at all represent the Armenian people in the homeland or in the diaspora.
                      Indeed Anoush, to "borrow a page" from Muhaha:

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
                      this is when the "People" part comes in from the phrase "Government by the People", citizens can either stand up or bow down. From the looks of it, they are doing the former and hopefully that tide will only get bigger.
                      Last edited by Catharsis; 10-21-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X