Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Azerbaijani irredentist dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Azerbaijani irredentist dreams

Originally posted by Karapapak View Post
    So what? Many many such "old" maps show Azerbaijan in Iran and not in actually Azerbaijan.

The point is, its there.
    The map is maximum 30 years old look at the way it's made old maps don't look like this.

Comment

Comment

A map made by Azeris doesn't equal proof

Comment

Well, ok, you found yourself that map. Go print a copy of it, and go west from Baku with it and see what it gets you.
          kurtçul kangal

Comment

here is a good map showing the Roman Empire

Comment

It should be further east, but the point is Azerbaijan is there.
              Can I ask then why are you just raising such claims from lands only belonging to Armenia if Georgia, according to you, is also on YOUR lands?

I once heard your president claiming that the Iravan khanate should be entirely part of Azerbaijan and it is actually a "historical part" of Azerbaijan, but the bolsheviks give it to Armenia, and that Armenians were "guests" in Yerevan. http://www.regnum.ru/english/943595.html
              Actually, it was a Persian khanate, as well as the entirely Azerbaijani lands are independent territories out the historical Persian province, which as we can see in the maps of the Roman empire, were named "Albania". And this has been said by many historians and scholars that don't even touch this topic, I several times have heard them in documentaries about the Russian empire, the Persian empire, the Ottoman empire, etc., "the Persian province of Azerbaijan".

The fact that your people lived in the Iravan khanate back then and were "majority", as well as in many parts of the South Caucasus, does not make those lands instantly yours. As I've said before...why are you not xxxxing up with Georgia then? I would like to see your president claiming lands out of Georgia and see how they respond.
              Last edited by ashot24; 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Listen, I have done extensive research on this matter, going through archives of all current and ancient governments, and I have traced the roots of the current nation of Azerbaijan to its original borders. In the name of fairness, honesty, and good will, ALL ARMENIANS should acknowledge that they have a right to their lands and wish them the full extension of the borders that they deserve.

Below is a photograph of the map Alexander The Great used. He used the wise men of all the advanced civilizations of his day to come with this map. This, in the name of ethnic integrity, should be our goal for the future of the region.

I think this is something we can all agree on, right?

kurtçul kangal

Comment

Karapapak,

Your first map (of the Islamic Empire) is not accurate. I've seen it on other sites before. At that time, Azerbaijan existed only as a region (not a state), and the region was south of the Arax River. Your map shows Azerbaijan where Georgia is... get real, its a BS map.

This is a map of the First Republic of Armenia recognized by the international community: http://www.armenian-history.com/Nyut...of_Armenia.gif

The only "disputed area" was Karabakh, which at the time had an Armenian majority of over 95%. Even in 1988, after 70 years of Soviet rule, Karabakh still had more than a 75% Armenian majority. In regards to "Zangezur", besides being internationally-recognized as part of Armenia, there are also detailed records of Armenian military units being stationed in that region in that period.

Now, your second map of "Azerbaijan Democratic Republic"... Its produced by Azeris. The international community had not recognized those areas as part of Azerbaijan. Please realize this.
                  Last edited by ArmSurvival; 11-03-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Seriously this new guy is funny

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
                      Listen, I have done extensive research on this matter, going through archives of all current and ancient governments, and I have traced the roots of the current nation of Azerbaijan to its original borders. In the name of fairness, honesty, and good will, ALL ARMENIANS should acknowledge that they have a right to their lands and wish them the full extension of the borders that they deserve.

Below is a photograph of the map Alexander The Great used. He used the wise men of all the advanced civilizations of his day to come with this map. This, in the name of ethnic integrity, should be our goal for the future of the region.

I think this is something we can all agree on, right?

Damn, now that is an old map Alpha! Where did you dig that up from?
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X