Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and Nazi Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Nazi-Armenian Genocide

Originally posted by KingOfYoz View Post
    You know, after 60 years it's easy to post comments like "more than 90 heroes of the Soviet Union".. or some Armenian who did a lot of things by himself through out France and Europe.. Am I supposed to believe this nonsense?

Your ignorance is astonishing. I am talking about the HIGHEST AWARD of the USSR for military bravery and achievement The Medal of the Hero of the Soviet Union. This is not my "description" when I speak of heroes. Armenians were some of the highest decorated with countless of them receiving the Medal of the Hero of USSR - in fact, Suren Sargsayan, the LAST WWII veteran who was awarded the Medal passed away in Yerevan two days ago -

IN FACT there are some Armenians who have been awarded the medal TWICE a rarity if you really know the number and how you could have been bestowed such honor.

Here are two Armenians who have received it twice (out of total of more than a dozen)

Hovhannes Baghramian – military commander; took part in the great 1944 Soviet offensive in Belarus and Lithuania (Operation Bagration)

Nelson Stepanyan
    was a Soviet Union Armenians dive bomber pilot during the second World War in the Red Air Force. He was twice awarded with the military title of the Hero of the Soviet Union, the highest title in the former USSR.

Comment

Again just a photo of unknown soldiers (like you have done so already by showing photographs of German Wehrmacht and claim they are Armenians ), for all we know they can be Germans, Russians even Turks or 'Azeris.'

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis
        gain just a photo of unknown soldiers (like you have done so already by showing photographs of German Wehrmacht and claim they are Armenians ), for all we know they can be Germans, Russians even Turks or 'Azeris.

Armenian calvary units of the German Army.

Please stop trying to deny the past. I have seen Armenians deny that General Dro was not a Nazi when he was... and then we wonder why Armenians are so hated.. stop trying to hide what happened in the past... this is why no one cares about our Genocide... GROW UP.

Comment

Please stop trying to deny the past. I have seen Armenians deny that General Dro was not a Nazi when he was... and then we wonder why Armenians are so hated.. stop trying to hide what happened in the past... this is why no one cares about our Genocide... GROW UP.
          Don't call it "our" genocide. You are not Armenian, you have no right.
          Dro was not a Nazi. Also, try taking your own advice and grow up. Quit posting pictures that could represent anything.

Comment

Armenians in a epic battle for the liberation of Armenia...

How about mentioning the "epic" involvment of the Zionist Jews in the Armenian Genocide?

Comment

The Monument of Mother Armenia in Yerevan above the Museum of the Great Patriotic War and the Eternal Flame to the hundreds of thousands of fallen Armenians for the liberation of Europe.

Another turning point in the history of the Armenian people and indeed all of humanity was the period of World War II [1939-1945], the period between June 22, 1941 [when Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union] and May 9, 1945 [victory of Red Army and the Allies over Nazi Germany] became known as the epoch of the Great Patriotic War. The Armenians in great numbers fought against fascism and its tyrannical goals, they themselves knowing all too well what genocide meant. Virtually all of male population from age of 16 to 50 enlisted to fight to preserve their freedom. So large was the number of recruitment of males in Armenia, that one eyewitness noted that in towns, villages and cities virtually no male under the age of 50 was to be found.. In a nation of less than one million more than half a million men and women were recruited and enlisted into Infantry, Artillery, Armored, Naval and Air Force divisions of the Red Army -- varying in their ranks from field marshals and major generals to general infantrymen soldiers and nurses.

The Battle of Stalingrad was in fact the turning point for the Soviet Union and in fact all of the world. The German advance was checked and stopped with hundred of thousands of German soldiers [more than quarter of million encircled in the Stalingrad pocket -- 150,000 men died] of the 6th Army and 4th Panzer Army, as well as the soldiers of the Romanian, Hungarian and Italian armies, were taken prisoner -- including German field marshal Friedrich von Paulus, who surrendered the very next day he was made field marshal by his Führer, thus making him the first German field marshal to ever surrender to an opposing side. The POW list included a staff of 90 generals and more than 2,000 Wehrmacht officers. From there onward -- the German threat on Caucasus and the rest of Soviet Union was no more. The myth of impregnable German war machine was forever crushed by victorious Red Army. The turning point contributed to the successful Allied Normandy invasion -- on June 06, 1944 -- and Soviet advance to Berlin itself. Among the first divisions to victoriously enter Berlin were the Armenian divisions [including the 89th Tamanian Mechanized Infantry Division which fought its way to the Brandenburg Gates through street skirmishes with the enemy, 408th Armenian Guard division, 409th Armenian National division, 390th Infantry division and the Sasunts‛i Davit‛ Tank Column]. On May 9, 1945 Nazi Germany surrendered and the Soviet Union was victorious. The Great Patriotic War was won at a great loss to the Soviet people -- the Armenian casualties of the Great Patriotic War were into hundreds of thousands. Many Armenians were awarded the medal and honor of the Hero of the Soviet Union [many postmortem] -- the highest military medal that can be bestowed by the Soviet Union. Sixty Armenians were promoted to the high rank of field marshals, admirals and major generals.

Comment

Yeah sure, more unknown photographs, for all we know these can be Cossacks and judging by their uniforms most probably are.

Comment

Originally posted by levon
                  Don't call it "our" genocide. You are not Armenian, you have no right.
                  Dro was not a Nazi. Also, try taking your own advice and grow up. Quit posting pictures that could represent anything.
                  Please provide evidence that General Dro was not a Nazi.. he helped guide the 20,000 strong Armenian-battalion during WW2 in the German Army...

Believe me I'm Armenian, but please don't deny our past...

I mean we were dumb enough to believe George Bush and Barrack Obama would have recognized our Genocide... you know why? because we believe everything we hear... but we don't use our mind.

Comment

and then we wonder why Armenians are so hated
                    Haahah coming from a turk, turks have bad reputation and are hated everywhere...fact.

Since this topic is about Armenians in World War 2, i would like to post the following article:
                    It's about the memorial to the seven Armenians killed by the German army:
                    September 5, 2009 by Eildert Mulder
                    Armenians get name
                    MONUMENTS
                    They will always be remembered.

Comment

Please provide evidence that General Dro was not a Nazi.. he helped guide the 20,000 strong Armenian-battalion during WW2 in the German Army...

Believe me I'm Armenian, but please don't deny our past...

I mean we were dumb enough to believe George Bush and Barrack Obama would have recognized our Genocide... you know why? because we believe everything we hear... but we don't use our mind.

I think it is the azeris/turks that do not use their brains.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X