Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

America and being White and Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America and being White and Armenian

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
    Who controls them?
    Probably some Armenian
    I will prevail. I will seek justice. I will leave a footprint in this God forsaken world. I am Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeClown View Post
      Probably some Armenian
      You sure not the people?

Comment

The bottom line is some of us are smart and hard working, they can better themselves no matter after what they’ve been through, such: wars, destructions, earthquakes, massacres, deportation, forced migration, even genocide, etc. etc…..and some of us are lazy and dumb always blaming the others for their miseries, even after being helped for so many years by huge amounts of financial aids.

You’ve brought Qatar as an example, that’s only one country, or maybe there are few more, I give you that, but look how many you have at the opposite side, I’m not talking about only North America, I’m talking also about Europe and Australia. When people go to Qatar they go there for a limited time, most don’t bring their families with them; they go there to earn money so they can migrate to western countries, believe me, I know so many of them.
        And let’s talk about who were the people that brought fortune to Qatar, these people had the oil for centuries and didn’t know what to do with it.

That’s all I have to say, I’m not commenting on this one anymore.

Comment

The value of oil was not all that significant untill rather recently in historic terms. The difference in behavior between races/countries/people is mostly due to cultural, economic and other environment based factors, very little is based on actual genetic differences. Saying so n so is better, smarter, more successfull because of race or genes or other physicaly based attributes is more often then not bs.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by o0tinerz0o View Post
            Is it just me or do my fellow Armenians feel that America is almost discouraging white, christian and/or european people from not only being proud of themselves but furthermore encouraging them to go out and mix with other races and/or cultures.
            No. Every aspect of foreign cultures we've imported into America from the middle east and Asia has been highly Americanized. If by other cultures you mean the one of black Americans, there is nothing "African" about that culture, it too is an off shoot of European cultures.

Most people in America that seem to criticize Christianity, seem to be white anyways, so don't blame that on the minorities.

And as an Armenian, I would like to point out that Armenians aren't European, that as a race we are border line white(most of us are "light olive complexion" to tan, almost all have black/brown hair and eyes), and that our culture is more middle eastern than European.

By saying what I just said so many people would brand me a racist, but that is NOT the case. I simply see all the minorities being so proud of what they are, getting special treatment like affirmative action, while all the mean while if you are white and christian its almost like in america you can't be publicly proud of it. I don't know who else feels that way? I feel like the trend America has set is a BAD one.
            Affirmative action pretty much was our way of giving black Americans reparations for slavery, and "solving" racial discrimination for all races at once. And as it's been proven to be ......... smarter state's like mine (texas) give automatic acceptance to state universities if you get in the top 10 % of your class no matter what race you are

I through out my whole life feel (personally) that whites in general are significantly more intelligent both in capability and potential than all other races with the exception of the east asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese). I don't understand it, in the Animal Kingdom many animals are smarter than other animals, some are stronger than others, each has certain capabilities that the other doesn't.
            You sir are a racist in denial. You are basically saying blacks, whites, etc are different animals, NEWSFLASH: we are all the same species! And looks do not play a role in intelligence. There are many children from 3rd world countries(even countries in Africa) that are smarter in at least math than most white adults but what good can that do them in an impoverished, disease ridden, or war-stricken area? Education can only do so much for a person, if there's nothing for them once they're out of school, all they can do is leave there respective country and hope to put their education to use somewhere else. Progress & Prosperity have to do more with actual social standing than education, how many idiots whites and non whites alike graduate from college and don't know anything?

Are you really going to tell me that George W Bush is a more intelligent person than Nelson Mandela? Or Ghandi for that matter? Most People from India seem to be more intelligent that people from Europe and America

There's only .02% diff in DNA between any two people, you are 99.98% the same as an Angolan, Indonesian, Mexican, Turk, or a Pakistani.

There's groups of black Africans in Sub-Saharan Africa that are genetically closer to Europeans, than any other group of Africans.

Africa is the poorest and most disease ridden continent while Europe is the richest? Some say that, this is because no one helps them but we know this is not true. Look at Japan in 1945 they had 2 nuclear bombs dropped on them and their country ruined during the war not to mention an entire generation of their people lost. They managed to not only rebuild their economy but within 60 years become the 2nd richest country in the world (GDP). This similar feat has been reproduced by the Italians, Germans, French and even the Russians bouncing back from communism very well.
            Japan had nation building from the U.S.A. Europeans had major help from themselves, America, etc

Africa was colonized by not one nation but my many, for centuries and it wasn't like European nations colonized specific people respectively. They took over many lands of many peoples, and drew random borders based on resources rather than the ethnicity, languages, cultures, etc of the actual people, shoving many groups together, even if they disliked each other. It's a recipe for disaster

As for being poor and not accomplishing anything? does this mean Armenians are genetically inferior since the only thing we're good at is being taken over and/or killed?

Do you all believe that we truly are all equal? That the feats of our great culture, so old and unique and persistently dedicated to self preservation is equal to the culture of Austra-Aborigines or nomads living in Sudan?
            Maybe the nomads and aboriginals realize it doesn't matter if you build extravagant buildings b/c if other humans don't destroy it, time will. And maybe they realize that our way of life, is harmful to the human species? All major plagues, etc, came after the creation of cities (increased, concentrated, populations=cesspools of disease) and domestication of animals, hence the plethora of plagues across the eastern hemisphere over history vs the lack of immunity of the native Americans from not experiencing similar diseases through out the course of time. Pandemics are also ineffective in areas of lower concentrations of people since it hinders ones being contagious.

Also for what these nomads lack in architectural skills, they make up in medicinal knowledge. Do you know how many actual treatments whether alternative or doctor endorsed have come from knowledge of tribal shamans?

And do you agree with the Melting pot theorem that America promotes. That everyone should mix and that sticking to your own kind and/or people you consider equivocal to your own kind is racist?
            I agree with the melting pot in that we should all learn other peoples cultures and they ours. You wouldn't have wanted Armenians to assimilate into Arabic or Turkish cultures, so why would you want today's minorities to assimilate into the "white" culture? What is White culture anyways? I find it highly amusing that you lump American and European culture in together. When most Europeans would say white Americans have no culture at all.

Sticking to you're own kind can be racist, if someone like you for instance doesn't want to, it shouldn't be frowned upon. But if an Armenian parent is forbidding their kids to marry an odar for the sole purpose that they aren't Armenian even if they have many redeeming qualities, then it's racist

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
              If what you say is true, let’s see world’s migration* patterns, how come most of the migrations* are happening from these “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc... Or less sophisticated" communities or countries towards countries that “appears to me” more advanced or civilized and the opposite is not true? How come no one from the western countries wants to migrate to “appearing to me” more "nomadic, savage, and backward, etc...? Or less sophisticated" countries, where stoning women to death in public is legal, or forcing a 12 year old girl to marry a 40 year old man just because he can afford to pay her parents the price, and all this is done legally? Or even yet, circumcising young girls against their wills is legal. Maybe it’s just me who see these things backwards thinking and uncivilized or maybe it’s the media or the university brainwashing crap that teaches lemmings to repeat what was told to them.
              People are selfish and lazy. Even if it was guaranteed that their would be no sexism, racism, intolerance, etc, no one wants to work. People like water in bottles, and not having to grow their own food etc.

As for todays backwards countries or nomadic peoples, it depends who you're talking about, if you mean how life in afghanistan was under the taliban, technically that's not that backwards, it wasn't that long ago the "civilized world" was like that.

As for certain tribes that perform female circumcision, they were corrupted by the more civilized cultures (europeans and muslims) who introduced that to them. And usually isn't it that the more "civilized" nations are the ones that end up doing the more uncivilized things like genocide? or Eugenics? (lasted in the USA & Canada up to the 70's!)

Humans were meant to live as hunter gatherers. There's nothing good that's come of the way we live now, all we've done is incubate diseases, pollute the world, deplete resources, drive countless species of plants and animals into extinction, even with our so called "health benefits" from medicine, it's like how a dog that lives inside a house rather than outside will live longer, but that longer is always almost full of cataracts and arthritis.

Comment

Working...
              X