Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What do the Armenian neopagans believe in exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do the Armenian neopagans believe in exactly?

see the "why armenians don't get[ting] along" thread. i have no knowledge regarding this "neopaganism" in armenia. but, i do know that there's been more divisive ideologies infiltrating armenia (inside the country and abroad). with the recent explosion of born agains, jehovahs witnesses, mormons, etc. in the armenian community, i feel armenians are losing their roots and bonds with each other. this is forcing armenians apart and truly making the armenian genocide a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
      I try not to post anything as fact unless I can prove it. How about you?
      Well, let us see here... How do you respond when I actually do give sources that can logically back up what I say?

Comment

Originally posted by hyem View Post
        Wow, I didn't know there is such an attempt to rewrite the history of Armenians. I also can't believe people like James Russell are taken seriously.

I always thought that it's weird that Armenia is never mentioned in history... I mean I've seen maps of Armenia stretching all the way down to the south, to the west,east and north, it was a HUGE kingdom surely it was significant... so why no mention? In that sense I do agree that there may be a real conspiracy.

I didn't comprehend much of the info given in this thread. Can you guys please recommend some good books on actual Armenian history. I feel bad for not studying about this. And what I do know is probably false info.

Even the video around the end he says something about xxxish Turks from Spain if I understood correctly, I am so lost.

If the Turkish objective was to confuse people they are doing a good job.
        Armenian history is mainly ignored in Western text due to, once again, Armenia's unfortunate geographical position.
        turcey has for decades courted and sponsored (read bribed) academicians into ignoring Armenia or pasting over with the word turcey.
        There was also a trend by western historians to ignore any history from behind the Iron Curtain. Things never happened there and never had.

As regards Noah and Babylon. Recent finds seem to point to Noah being from the Black Sea region, quite aways from Babylon.

The so-called Fertile Crescent which I find in western histories was also probably not the original home of Abraham.

The earliest domestication of important animals, cultivation of important crops and the home of Abraham all generated in the Armenian highlands. Read the latest excavations and also the Old Testament, Bible in one hand and atlas in the other.

I remember reading a revue of a book which claimed to have identified the site of the Garden of Eden in the south-eastern Armenian Highlands.
        I can't find this book anywhere (did I dream it?)

Comment

I haven't read through the three pages of argument but I'm pretty sure it's off topic.

As for the actual question's answers Armenian neo-pagans probably believe what most neo pagans believe, which is bullshiit.

Most neo pagans whether they be Wicca, Armenian, Greco-Roman, native american based, have no idea what they're talking about but pretend like they do. Historians don't even know every aspect of the ancient Greek religion, and there's like 90% less info on how pre christian Armenians used to worship.

Unless I see a Phd in anthropology, history, with something certifying a specialty in Ancient Armenian studies, I'd assume anything anyone says about being an armenian neo pagan is a load of crap
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I do think Armenian paganism is an area that needs further studying. I doubt that we were always zoroastrian and even if we were I'm sure we did it differently then other cultures... somewhere out there must be some inscription on a tablet buried beneath god knows what. The chances are small but then again they just did find a 5,500 year old shoe in Armenia, made of leather, that was in an area with an optimal climate that kept it from deteriorating so who knows what else might be found?
          Last edited by ara87; 09-26-2010, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            I haven't read through the three pages of argument but I'm pretty sure it's off topic.

As for the actual question's answers Armenian neo-pagans probably believe what most neo pagans believe, which is bullshiit.

Most neo pagans whether they be Wicca, Armenian, Greco-Roman, native american based, have no idea what they're talking about but pretend like they do. Historians don't even know every aspect of the ancient Greek religion, and there's like 90% less info on how pre christian Armenians used to worship.

Unless I see a Phd in anthropology, history, with something certifying a specialty in Ancient Armenian studies, I'd assume anything anyone says about being an armenian neo pagan is a load of crap
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I do think Armenian paganism is an area that needs further studying. I doubt that we were always zoroastrian and even if we were I'm sure we did it differently then other cultures... somewhere out there must be some inscription on a tablet buried beneath god knows what. The chances are small but then again they just did find a 5,500 year old shoe in Armenia, made of leather, that was in an area with an optimal climate that kept it from deteriorating so who knows what else might be found?
            Armenians had taken zoroastrain and had changed something that fitted them, with their own gods that were very different from the gods of the Persians and other people that were living around them. And you can all thank the Armenian church that there isn't anything that can be found about the ancient Armenian religion today.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              Armenian history is mainly ignored in Western text due to, once again, Armenia's unfortunate geographical position.
              turcey has for decades courted and sponsored (read bribed) academicians into ignoring Armenia or pasting over with the word turcey.
              There was also a trend by western historians to ignore any history from behind the Iron Curtain. Things never happened there and never had.

As regards Noah and Babylon. Recent finds seem to point to Noah being from the Black Sea region, quite aways from Babylon.

The so-called Fertile Crescent which I find in western histories was also probably not the original home of Abraham.

The earliest domestication of important animals, cultivation of important crops and the home of Abraham all generated in the Armenian highlands. Read the latest excavations and also the Old Testament, Bible in one hand and atlas in the other.

I remember reading a revue of a book which claimed to have identified the site of the Garden of Eden in the south-eastern Armenian Highlands.
              I can't find this book anywhere (did I dream it?)
              I'm gonna have to pull a levon on you and ask for evidence to back up what you say, :/

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                Well, let us see here... How do you respond when I actually do give sources that can logically back up what I say?
                A source that requires a source can hardly be considered a source.

but these accounts must be received with great caution(WHY. This remark applies especially to the statement of Thomas Ardsruni, 2 that Moses, like his Hebrew prototype, lived to the age of 120 years, and recorded his own death in a fourth book of his great work ( Obviously, there are elements of legends, but that's not reason enough to say great caution. The same caution must be extended to another tradition, based on an arbitrary construction of a passage in Samuel of Ani, which places his death in the year 489.(This is one is even better. No reason is supplied apart from putting the sentence directly after another one for which some reason was put forth

For political history, on the other hand, it is of much less value than was formerly assumed. In particular, it is not a history of the people or of the country, but a history of the Armenian aristocracy, and, in opposition to the Mamikonian tendency which pervades the rest of the older Armenian historical literature, it is written in the interest of the rival Bagratunians (Where is the proof for this?)
                Down to the 3rd century it is proved by the contemporary Graeco-Roman annals to be utterly untrustworthy(It's only proof if one trusts the Greco-Roman annals more than the Armenian sources. No proof is provided for this. Also, it's Greco-Roman not Graeco-Roman. - but even for the times of Armenian Christianity it must be used far more cautiously than has been done, for example, by Gibbon. (This is flawed logic. Just because the first source can be doubted, makes no reason to doubt sources it claims are untrustworthy in the next statement.
                I find your sources untrustworthy, as it employs several features of trickery to support itself.

Comment

Neo-Paganism?????

I wonder what would happen if some sect would study the Urartian language and revive it, develop a neo-cuneiform script, dissociate themselves from Armenians, revive faith in Khaldi, get a bunch of people to join them, and say that we assimilated them, and now they have gone through a national awakening. Then, they'd lay claim on Eastern Turkey and Northern Armenia.

Neo-Urartu, the return to Urartian nationalism, after 2500 years of silence. That would be great. Hey, the xxxs revived the Hebrew language that was unspoken for thousands of years, why can't we Urartians? hehehe would be fun.

Comment

Actually, this is a great idea. I'm gonna start working on this now. Hehehe, xxxx all you Armenians. We Urartians will get our lands back. "We were the first ones here" you say??? Think again!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X