Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What profit you expect?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What profit you expect?

    Hi,i am new to this forum but i scanned and read many topics already.I just want to ask ; What profit do you expect if Turks admits that they committed so-called genocide?

    The user ''loseyourname'' explained the forum rules like ;

    ''People of any ethnic background are welcome to post here and to give their input. What is not allowed, however, is any insulting or malicious language, any personal attacks, any ethnically motivated anger or ridicule, of any kind. This is of particular import in the Armenian specific threads, as many of the topics being discussed are of a sensitive and emotional nature. These forum will be regulated more strictly than the general forums.''

    My question is not full with anger and hatred , no insult anyone or contains malicious language.

    The user ''loseyourname'' also go on ;

    ''This applies to everyone. Any Turk who comes in and insults the Armenian people, or denies or justifies the genocide will be immediately banned and the thread(s) will be deleted''

    So only Turks that admits genocide can access to forum?

    ''loseyourname'' also say ;

    ''No ethnically motivated hate of any kind will be tolerated here''

    while he already said ;

    ''There will also be no further threads posted ridiculing the Turkish people, suggesting that they are generally stupid warmongers with subhuman sensibilities who ought to be banished to the far corners of the earth''

    Yes this is an Armenian forum indeed but being that unilateral shows you unkind.

    So my question again ; What profit do you expect if Turks admits it?

    Reply or ban me , i am ok with both.

    Sorry for my bad english.Regards.

  • #2
    Re: What profit you expect?

    We don't expect profit, we expect dividend... that is a share of the land that is rightfully ours. Please don't refer to it as the so-called genocide, even those of us that survived had to leave our ancestral lands and migrate to foreign countries and rebuild our lives.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What profit you expect?

      So that means your profit is ''more lands''
      I saw many comments by Armenians that saying '' Turks invaded our lands so give them back...''

      If we look to history , Armenians had a country around east anatolia.Armenians ruled these lands only and only in the years of 300-400 A.C.Before and after that time Armenians never ruled this territory.Turks conquered these lands while Seljuk emperor arrives anatolia and they took it from Byzanties not from Armenians.So how come you are the rightful owner of those lands i just cant understand.

      - Genocide arguement is another thing , in your perspective Armenian rebellion called as ''Fight for freedom'' in our perspective your rebellions called as ''Betrayal''.Two different perspectives from two different nations That's why genocide thing is not resolved and it seems wont.

      Your statement about ''lands that rightfully belongs to us.'' is very similiar with Kurds doing at the moment,they believe they rightfully should own the south-east of Turkey.I may lack of knowledge but i really couldnt see any country called as ''Kurdistan'' in history pages or any country that ruled by Kurds.So how can they demand any land?Turks didnt took those lands from Kurds,they didnt ruled those lands already.

      I am really curious how can you demand land these lands.After Armenian emperor dikran you never ruled the area and also Armenians did not came up from these lands.

      my english is bad but i hope you can understand me
      Last edited by Musty; 09-17-2010, 10:35 AM. Reason: needed

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What profit you expect?

        I'm at work and busy at the moment, but I'll respond to your post later. Salamlar.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What profit you expect?

          Truth is always its own profit. The problem is not what we gain by the truth but rather what we keep losing (as humans) to stupidity, ignorance, and "blind" nationalism due to lies.
          this post = teh win.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What profit you expect?

            Most important of all though, is what Santayana best put it: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

            Can we really afford more Genocides? It is perhaps too late for the Kurds and Armenians ... but what about others?
            this post = teh win.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What profit you expect?

              Originally posted by Musty View Post
              Hi,i am new to this forum but i scanned and read many topics already.I just want to ask ; What profit do you expect if Turks admits that they committed so-called genocide?

              The user ''loseyourname'' explained the forum rules like ;

              ''People of any ethnic background are welcome to post here and to give their input. What is not allowed, however, is any insulting or malicious language, any personal attacks, any ethnically motivated anger or ridicule, of any kind. This is of particular import in the Armenian specific threads, as many of the topics being discussed are of a sensitive and emotional nature. These forum will be regulated more strictly than the general forums.''

              My question is not full with anger and hatred , no insult anyone or contains malicious language.

              The user ''loseyourname'' also go on ;

              ''This applies to everyone. Any Turk who comes in and insults the Armenian people, or denies or justifies the genocide will be immediately banned and the thread(s) will be deleted''

              So only Turks that admits genocide can access to forum?

              ''loseyourname'' also say ;

              ''No ethnically motivated hate of any kind will be tolerated here''

              while he already said ;

              ''There will also be no further threads posted ridiculing the Turkish people, suggesting that they are generally stupid warmongers with subhuman sensibilities who ought to be banished to the far corners of the earth''

              Yes this is an Armenian forum indeed but being that unilateral shows you unkind.

              So my question again ; What profit do you expect if Turks admits it?

              Reply or ban me , i am ok with both.

              Sorry for my bad english.Regards.
              What profit to YOU expect when you admit it? A great deal of profit from the curing of this serious illness. A nation that allows itself to be lied to, that knows the lie to be a lie, what sort of a nation is that? What sort of nation delights in self-delusions and pretend blindness and is terrified of living without them? What nation can function properly with those afflictions at its heart?
              Plenipotentiary meow!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What profit you expect?

                Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                We don't expect profit, we expect dividend... that is a share of the land that is rightfully ours.
                Words like yours are a Turkish denialists best friend. A red herring to be used by them to distract attention from the real issue and to whip up the mob. Not one inch of territory will ever be given by Turkey to Armenia under any circumstances, including genocide recognition.
                Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What profit you expect?

                  Originally posted by Musty View Post
                  So that means your profit is ''more lands''
                  I saw many comments by Armenians that saying '' Turks invaded our lands so give them back...''

                  If we look to history , Armenians had a country around east anatolia.Armenians ruled these lands only and only in the years of 300-400 A.C.Before and after that time Armenians never ruled this territory.Turks conquered these lands while Seljuk emperor arrives anatolia and they took it from Byzanties not from Armenians.So how come you are the rightful owner of those lands i just cant understand.

                  - Genocide arguement is another thing , in your perspective Armenian rebellion called as ''Fight for freedom'' in our perspective your rebellions called as ''Betrayal''.Two different perspectives from two different nations That's why genocide thing is not resolved and it seems wont.

                  Your statement about ''lands that rightfully belongs to us.'' is very similiar with Kurds doing at the moment,they believe they rightfully should own the south-east of Turkey.I may lack of knowledge but i really couldnt see any country called as ''Kurdistan'' in history pages or any country that ruled by Kurds.So how can they demand any land?Turks didnt took those lands from Kurds,they didnt ruled those lands already.

                  I am really curious how can you demand land these lands.After Armenian emperor dikran you never ruled the area and also Armenians did not came up from these lands.

                  my english is bad but i hope you can understand me
                  BTW, I don't think it is worth discussing things with this person. I don't see anything worthy or interesting in his/her words, or any indication of intelligence. I'm not saying that lightly since, as I've said a number of times in the past, one of the main reasons I still visit here is to "rescue" the occasional Turkish visitor from being mauled by some or all of this forums more obnoxious members. But in this case, maul away.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What profit you expect?

                    Originally posted by Musty View Post
                    So my question again ; What profit do you expect if Turks admits it?
                    ...
                    Speaking for myself the answer is none....in fact I could care less what Turkey recognizes.

                    You can restore your long lost honor....or you can continue to live a life of clay, your choice.
                    Frankly I think you should stick to your governments position on this because any recognition by Turkey will tear the fabric of your society apart.
                    Last edited by Eddo211; 09-17-2010, 09:59 PM. Reason: miss typed "your"
                    B0zkurt Hunter

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X