Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Would you be okay with giving away southern Armenia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you be okay with giving away southern Armenia?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Either you don't know the history or you're pushing buttons....

"After the loss of the European part of its empire in the Balkans, in the midst of World War I, the Ottoman Empire feared for its hold upon Anatolia itself, and decided to settle the long-unfinished business of conquest with a conscious act of genocide. But the Turks lacked the resources to do so in the midst of war, and Turkey’s military leaders enlisted Kurdish tribes to do most of the actual killing in return for Armenian land. That is why Kurds dominate eastern Turkey, which used to be called, “Western Armenia”. The Armenian genocide, in short, gave rise to what today is Turkey’s Kurdish problem. "

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ16Ak02.html
    We can't blame all Kurds for these barbaric acts committed against Armenians.

The Kurdish people deserve their own country, they have been oppressed for millenniums.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post
      I'm surprised and deeply offended at the anti-Kurdish racism here.

I thought Kurds and Armenians were like brothers?
      Brothers? What are you joking? Do you know it was Kurds who carried out the dirty work during the Genocide. Yeah some "brothers", they stole our land, killed our people, stabbed us in the back in the worst way possible and kissed Turks ass, and now they live in our ancestral homeland.

We could care less about their struggles or their lands, bunch of backward, nomadic, back stabbers are what they are...
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

We can't blame all Kurds for these barbaric acts committed against Armenians.

The Kurdish people deserve their own country, they have been oppressed for millenniums.
        The Assyrians and Chaldeans deserve their own country before the Kurds. Their national aspirations were a result of other powers dangling the carrot on a stick and then pulling the stick away or else they were content with their nomadic lives.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Brothers? What are you joking? Do you know it was Kurds who carried out the dirty work during the Genocide. Yeah some "brothers", they stole our land, killed our people, stabbed us in the back in the worst way possible and kissed Turks ass, and now they live in our ancestral homeland.

We could care less about their struggles or their lands, bunch of backward, nomadic, back stabbers are what they are...
          Doesn't Armenia take in many Kurdish refugees? How do you feel about that?

Comment

I'm surprised and deeply offended at the anti-Kurdish racism here.

I thought Kurds and Armenians were like brothers?
            The only reason the Kurds accept the Armenian Genocide is because they are being massacred by Turks in the present so this is a hard qualifier to make us "brotherly" when it is kinda like an "I-told-you-so" situation. As for Armenian support of the Kurdish cause only reason you'd find such support is because the Kurds and Turks are killing each other and weakening each other. This might sound brutal and hopefully less and less civilians die but it is better for us if the conflict goes on as long as it can so both sides exhaust themselves. It is also nice to hear once in awhile Kurds blowing up segments of the BTC pipeline. After Turkey, the Kurds are going to be a bigger obstacle to eventually re-conquering Western Armenia.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

It does not... at least not that I know of. We have Yezidis (who don't identify themselves as Kurds and in fact hate them) living in Armenia and they are among our most patriotic citizens. Some served in the liberation of Artsakh.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

No it doesn't and it never will.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

I would like to know what diet some people are on to produce such crap threads.

Agree, that's nasty one!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    It does not... at least not that I know of. We have Yezidis (who don't identify themselves as Kurds and in fact hate them) living in Armenia and they are among our most patriotic citizens. Some served in the liberation of Artsakh.

I do not remember hearing about kurds being taken in either, if there were some, then it was very few and probably Christian kurds. Good point Fed, do not ever call a Yezdi a kurd unless you want to have your face rearranged.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

If I were a Kurd, I'd claim Montreal as part of Kurdistan too, just because I've treaded there for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X