Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    I have already ascertained that a revolution should not a be a violent one. Not surprised that you didn't catch that though. You probably only pay attention to about 10% of what I'm saying and then infer the rest.

I can't answer all those questions. I don't have any details planned out. I do know that a leader would be more nationalistic and interested in rebulding Greater Armenia than the current one. Now before you make a remark about how I do not understand politics and that making territorial claims is a big deal that could further isolate Armenia, understand that I do not intend to be said leader. The leader will know how to make such claims properly. And he will also establish rule of law.
    Please tell us, how do you know that the leadership which would replace Sargsyan would be more nationalistic? And if you can not answer the questions I raised yet still wish to see a revolution, why are you so surprised that I and others here are hostile to you?

On the contrary, you are being negative towards Armenia. You are disregarding the fact that an overwhelming majority of Armenia's residents are unhappy with their lives. You are like Kim Jong Il, pretending that his country is a paradise. You are confusing patriotism with disillusionism. Think of my criticism as the relationship between a coach and his team. The team my win the national championship, but does that mean that the coach will relax and stop doling out criticism? No. (Note: I don't mean to assert any authority or seniority over Armenia with this analogy.)
    Nope. I am a student of history and know it well enough to see trends, and I respect geography and human nature; their limits and nuances. Patriots do not call for a revolution when their enemy are at the gates.

You clearly understand nothing of economics. Yes, when 40% of the market is controlled by 4 companies, you have an oligarchy. In that industry. This is different than Armenia, where the oligarchy controls all of Armenia's economy.
    Trust me I do. I also understand political economy. Do you know what that is?

And don't try to criticize me because of my location. Judging by your English, you have also spent a great time in America (or UK).
    You could be in Finland and say the same bull and I would still point it out. You do not live in Armenia yet are calling for a revolution, one which I have pointed out would be fraught with problematic issues, issues that you admit you do not have answers to properly address. So no, I am not bashing on you due to where you live, just pointing out that you have no right to call for a revolution, especially when you are not in said country.
    Last edited by Armanen; 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      We are on the same page then.....the bold part is our major playing card and I hope Armenian leadership uses it to its full advantage because in all reality they need us almost as much as we need them. (for them it would be a disaster, for us our survival).

btw, I rather get backstabbed by Armenians then others....as strange as that may sound.

Great then! My issue is that more Armenians do not realize how important we are to Russia, and when they do, even less realize how we can play it to our advantage. Instead of spending countless man hours and capital on fruitless genocide recognition campaign in corrupt Western states, we ought to focus that same amount of energy (financial and human) toward influencing Russian policy-makers in favor of Armenia. Also investing in Armenia. Yet, we are not.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        Please tell us, how do you know that the leadership which would replace Sargsyan would be more nationalistic? And if you can not answer the questions I raised yet still wish to see a revolution, why are you so surprised that I and others here are hostile to you?

Nope. I am a student of history and know it well enough to see trends, and I respect geography and human nature; their limits and nuances. Patriots do not call for a revolution when their enemy are at the gates.

Trust me I do. I also understand political economy. Do you know what that is?

You could be in Finland and say the same bull and I would still point it out. You do not live in Armenia yet are calling for a revolution, one which I have pointed out would be fraught with problematic issues, issues that you admit you do not have answers to properly address. So no, I am not bashing on you due to where you live, just pointing out that you have no right to call for a revolution, especially when you are not in said country.
        FINE. Revolution is the wrong word. Call if whatever you want.

Comment

Are you truly admitting that revolution is indeed wrong or just being fictitious?

Comment

Are you truly admitting that revolution is indeed wrong or just being fictitious?
            I am acknowledging that revolution is wrong in the sense of French Revolution, Bolshevik takeover etc.

I am still of the opinion that HHP and oligarchs are detrimental for Armenia.

Comment

I am acknowledging that revolution is wrong in the sense of French Revolution, Bolshevik takeover etc.

I am still of the opinion that HHP and oligarchs are detrimental for Armenia.
              I agree that the oligarchs are detrimental in the long run. They need to be managed, which is the direction I think Sargsyan is going in. This is not easy though, he has some dirty laundry which they could hurt him if he pushes too much. So he is in a bind. However, I hope you realize that the oligarchs will never go away, but hopefully they will be more in tune with national needs instead of selfish ones, and hopefully the government will be able to rein them in. I was mentioning geography earlier. If Armenia can break through to the Black Sea, or have a common border with Russia, our economic fortunes would change almost overnight. And with the time, resources, and diaspora in Russia, we ought to convince the Kremlin to help us with this endeavor should a war erupt against Azerbaijan, or the West attacks Iran.

Comment

I agree that the oligarchs are detrimental in the long run. They need to be managed, which is the direction I think Sargsyan is going in. This is not easy though, he has some dirty laundry which they could hurt him if he pushes too much. So he is in a bind. However, I hope you realize that the oligarchs will never go away, but hopefully they will be more in tune with national needs instead of selfish ones, and hopefully the government will be able to rein them in. I was mentioning geography earlier. If Armenia can break through to the Black Sea, or have a common border with Russia, our economic fortunes would change almost overnight. And with the time, resources, and diaspora in Russia, we ought to convince the Kremlin to help us with this endeavor should a war erupt against Azerbaijan, or the West attacks Iran.
                Unfortunately, lobbying in Russia is on a different level than lobbying in the West.

At least we agree on one thing: Georgia is disposable in the grand scheme of things. Tblilisi is an Armenian city anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately, lobbying in Russia is on a different level than lobbying in the West.

At least we agree on one thing: Georgia is disposable in the grand scheme of things. Tblilisi is an Armenian city anyway.
                  If you mean in Russia to lobby one has to have money then I'd say it is the same as in the States. There's a revolving door between high level federal jobs and corporate america. Anyway, we have enough well connected Russian-Armenians to help out, we just don't have unity of vision.

We can go further and add that much of Georgian culture owes its existence to Armenians, from their alphabet to conversion to Christianity, to their greatest royal family, an offshoot of our Bagratouni family.

Comment

Great then! My issue is that more Armenians do not realize how important we are to Russia, and when they do, even less realize how we can play it to our advantage. Instead of spending countless man hours and capital on fruitless genocide recognition campaign in corrupt Western states, we ought to focus that same amount of energy (financial and human) toward influencing Russian policy-makers in favor of Armenia. Also investing in Armenia. Yet, we are not.
                    You can't expect Armenians in Diaspora to just give that up (AG recognition).....as useless as it may be it is one angle that needs to be continued, maybe use a different strategy not so much to get the recognition but to use it (or withdraw it) as an advantage in other ways (in congress, not public demonstrations). I have already told you how I feel about it, even though I attend the demonstrations every year.

Question: Why are not the Russian Armenian lobby as hard as US Armenians (like how they stop US on weapon sells to Azerbaijan to most degree)?

Got to run (work calls), hook back up later
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      You can't expect Armenians in Diaspora to just give that up (AG recognition).....as useless as it may be it is one angle that needs to be continued, maybe use a different strategy not so much to get the recognition but to use it (or withdraw it) as an advantage in other ways (in congress, not public demonstrations). I have already told you how I feel about it, even though I attend the demonstrations every year.

Question: Why are not the Russian Armenian lobby as hard as US Armenians (like how they stop US on weapon sells to Azerbaijan to most degree)?

Got to run (work calls), hook back up later
                      Most of the Armenian Lobby in US is composed of Western Armenians who don't have a real connection to modern day Armenia, thus the Genocide issue for them becomes full priority as most are descendants of Genocide survivors anyway.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X