Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    See I never said you have no business in talking about Armenia. Rather I wanted to show you that I know very much what I'm talking about, and your implication that I had no idea how life in Armenia is and that I needed a lesson form you was false. The fact is I probably have a much better idea of how actual life there is than you. But never anywhere in that post did I say you have no business talking about Armenia.

And thank you for giving us a lesson that is taught in the most basic high school level economics class, that a middle class is important.
    So here's my question to you? What stage would Armenia have to reach for you to stop complaining about it and it's level of performance?

Because I think everybody can understand it had various serious issues. While they might just be numbers and data to you, my heart burns every time I see updates on Armenia's emigration numbers. So the issue is not that do people realize there are issues, the problem is what you expect to be done?

Because it seems to me that all you are able to do is just constantly complain. Just constantly point out the absolute worst of every situation in Armenia, and never proceed to explain how when given the real life realistic restrictions the country faces, things should be done better. Moreover, you just have an ability to only point of the bad, making them seem exponentially worse, while conveniently just moving passed the positives.

You claim incredible human rights abuse when some cracked out moron with a cigarette in his mouth, loaded with manganese bombs and Molotov xxxxtails is arrested. the same man who was basically laughed at by the entire nation, including every opposite leader.

You make a state where people on daily basis mock the president, mock all of these all powerful oligarchs, seem like some dictatorship where zero dissent is allowed.

Moreover, you seem to expect Armenia to transform into Switzerland overnight, while ignoring the fact that its trapped in the biggest hellhole on earth, with two wolves on each side, and vultures named US, Russia, and EU flying overhead and seeing which can get its dying corps first.

By my count, excluding the Baltic states, Armenia is one of just 5 former 12 Soviet States not ruled by a dictatorship. Not only is it not ruled by a dictatorship, it has multiple opposition parties, opposition papers, full rights of assembly and speech. A place where you can go to the city center, appropriately named Freedom Square, start a rally without a permit and curse out the president that there is no freedom in the country, and nothing can be done to you. Forget the ex USSR. I can't think of many places in the world where you can do that. I don't know if you've been to the US, but here, you can get arrested for flicking off a cop. If you're black you can get arrested for breathing too loud. Yet in Armenia, the police are forced to take all sorts of behavior before they can raise a finger.

I would love to do an analysis of category by category, and show you that for the situation it was handed, Armenia is doing more than anything we can expect of her. It is outperforming most former soviet counterparts, without having their luxuries of vast territories, large populations, open borders, generous natural resources, lack of devastating natural disaster and war, and lack of being surrounded by people who dream of murdering the every last person in your country.

But there is no point in doing that because your views will not change. You'll continue spreading that cancer that you spread.

In fact that negativity, despite all the bad card it was dealt, is Armenia's biggest problem. It's that mentality that threatens Armenia's youth, who are not weighed down by how glorious the old days were, who simply have only known worse days, and are fighting to continue the progress of Armenia.

Does Armenia have problems? Absolutely
    However, these problems are only natural given what its had to deal with. It has made a great amount of progress, and has a long way to go, but it will get there, with or without the complaining of some random man in Scotland.
    Mher that was an excellent post, thank you.
    I once asked the mouth from scotsville if ( he? ) spoke as freely the obnoxious bile in what is referred to as turkville as he does on this forum & if he felt as safe expressing his crap opinions there as he does in Armenia. Got no reply.
    I have never been to my country but believe one could talk freely about the truth. Is there anyone who thinks an honest man or woman could freely express themselves amongst the lying butchers???
    By in large we are an honest decent people. We have our problems and they need to be addressed by people who are earnestly concerned and not by the bells of this world.
    Again thanks for an excellent post.
    Artashes

Comment

Moreover, you seem to expect Armenia to transform into Switzerland overnight, while ignoring the fact that its trapped in the biggest hellhole on earth, with two wolves on each side, and vultures named US, Russia, and EU flying overhead and seeing which can get its dying corps first.
      You know nothing about a place yet you use it as a case study!

Compared to Switzerland, Armenia has almost had it easy. Switzerland has an extremely inhospitable climate and a geographically divided territory that, over the centuries, has been repeatedly invaded by all of its larger and more powerful neighbours. The only people who made Switzerland what it is today are the Swiss, many generations of them. And the only people who will make Armenia into a better place are its own population - once they topple the parasites that currently rule over them and also discard the influence of the deadbeats who blame and excuse every difficulty on external enemies rather than internal failings. And maybe also discard the malign influence of the artashes-type diaspora "patriot" who would rather the Armenian linen remained forever dirty rather than being washed in public

In Armenia proper, the ruling regime that has clung to power so ferociously thus far needs to understand that it must make changes if it wants to avoid potential bloodshed in the country. It is true that Armenia faces many external challenges today. However, no excuse under the sun justifies the government’s continued failures to safeguard the rights of its own citizens, let alone violate them, and to provide them with the opportunity for a decent life. Not the threat of war from Azerbaijan, not the border blockade by an uncompromising and hostile Turkey, not even a bullish Kremlin that has no lessons to provide on good governance. None of these issues are a reason for the poverty, the absolute lack of the rule of law, and the increasingly bold reign of oligarchs in the country. Armenia’s internal challenges are purely “the work” of a short-sighted, irresponsible, and morally corrupt leadership.

Even if solely out of self-interest, President Serge Sarkisian needs to finally step up and start addressing some of these challenges. First and foremost, he needs to put in check the country’s oligarchs that are shamelessly operating above the law. Next to the rule of law, the country today is in dire need of investment in industry, in infrastructure, in the creation of jobs—not investments in pretty benches and decorative flamingos that add to Yerevan’s aesthetic beauty but serve no purpose otherwise! This means an end to monopolies, a crackdown on corruption, and a transparent business environment that encourage foreign investment. An internally stronger, more stable Armenia is better positioned to face the external challenges mentioned above. It is a simple equation. Surely, even Sarkisian knows that.

In the diaspora as well we require a transformation—of priorities and mindsets. The Armenian Weekly recently published a thought-provoking article that discussed the dynamics of the relations between the diaspora and Armenia and the underlying disconnect that exists between us. It is a disconnect that is defined by the lack of knowledge and understanding of the day-to-day struggles the citizens of Armenia face, as well as a lack of involvement and contribution beyond philanthropy. Dare I say, for some in the diaspora, it is even a disconnect defined by the absence of Armenia from definitions of Armenianness and interpretations of what being Armenian involves.

Of course, it is not fair to paint such a large and diverse diaspora with one broad brush. However, many would agree that, in general, diasporans and their institutions and organizations have not been able to “catch-up” with the realities of post-independent Armenia.

Two weeks ago a few hundred Armenian citizens and activists heeded to Shant Harutyunyan’s call for revolution. Armed with homemade explosives, batons, and rocks they started marching toward the Presidential Palace, clashing with police on [...]
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-24-2013, 10:34 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        You know nothing about a place yet you use it as a case study!

Compared to Switzerland, Armenia has almost had it easy. Switzerland has an extremely inhospitable climate and a geographically divided territory that, over the centuries, has been repeatedly invaded by all of its larger and more powerful neighbours. The only people who made Switzerland what it is today are the Swiss, many generations of them. And the only people who will make Armenia into a better place are its own population - once they topple the parasites that currently rule over them and also discard the influence of the deadbeats who blame and excuse every difficulty on external enemies rather than internal failings. And maybe also discard the malign influence of the artashes-type diaspora "patriot" who would rather the Armenian linen remained forever dirty rather than being washed in public
        The cut off hands of children scattered on a road as far as the eye could see
        Pregnant women being bayoneted in the stomach to death ( by the thousands )
        Pregnanant women having their stomachs cut open & the fetus torn from them and then the unborn is used as a game of STABBING
        Lining CHILDREN up and seeing how many a bullet would go through
        Old men having their eyes gauged out ( un-armed )
        A helpless population being tortured to death
        Kidnapping & abduction in still un fathomable numbers
        Well documented GENOCIDE & most assuredly only the last of many in 600 years
        Repeated invasions over at least 3 millinium
        What Swiss history did you read
        You mouthy worthless piece of xxxx

Comment

Another example of the typical sheepish bullxxxx that gets thrown around by a bunch self proclaimed activists in the Diaspora
          This moron literally rambles on for 11 minutes saying absolutely nothing. He doesn't provide a single ounce of concrete evidence.
          Hell, he doesn't even make any claims. He just rambles on in his annoying voice. Yet I've had multiple people send this to me saying "LOOK!!! proof!! ArmeniaFund is a scam!"
          I can't believe someone can have such a worthless existence, to be so utterly dumb, to be destroying the cause he is so haphazardly trying to protect

Comment

This link is being pick by my antivirus as unsafe, trojans etc ..."Exploit Blackhat"

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              This link is being pick by my antivirus as unsafe, trojans etc ..."Exploit Blackhat"
              your antivirus is probably just protecting you from the bullxxxx

The link was just to this video posted on his site
              Ara K. Manoogian's video presentation about the white paper, To Donate or Not to Donate, which was shown at the Town Hall meeting, "Stop Armenian Corruption"...

Comment

Oh my goodness, Hisoos Cristos
                I can't believe I didn't catch this the first time I watched it
                at the segment starting at 1:45, he claims that Mr Kotanjians claim that only 13/38 decision makers on ArmeniaFund are goverment officials is a lie, because in some sinister plot, he omits Charles Aznavour, who is in fact an ambassador to Switzerland.

Wow, incredibly job of uncovering this sinister diabolical plot you motherf***ing sherlock. It was all part of a sick twisted plan to use that dirty sinister 90 year old singer who has donated everything but his blood and organs to Armenia to steal money. Clearly Aznavour is part of the oligarchy who is stealing money from Armenia
                Last edited by Mher; 11-26-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

a solid response to the good folks at the Public Forum of Armenia who are using the previously mentioned video as their ultimate proof to corruption in Armenia

Comment

Clearly Aznavour is part of the oligarchy who is stealing money from Armenia
                    Is that a truth you are accidentally saying or one you are deliberately stating.

Everyone knows Aznavour has lent his name to numerous corrupt fundraising schemes and projects in Armenia over several decades. So much so that nowadays anything with his name attached to it is tainted by the implication of built-in corruption. Nobody is saying that he gains financially from it - but he has gained status and positions (such as that ambassadorship) and has displayed a complete lack of oversight of the projects he allows his name to be attached to.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

a solid response to the good folks at the Public Forum of Armenia who are using the previously mentioned video as their ultimate proof to corruption in Armenia
                      http://thegampr.com/2013/11/25/corru...hat-you-think/
                      Hmmm....can I ask the mods if it is now ok to accuse a member of having "a perception of idiocy". Based on what that article advises, using the "perception" wording means I am no longer accusing a member of being an idiot, but I am saying that all the evidence seems to exist that indicates that everyone thinks they are an idiot - but because everyone is actually wrong, that the person is, in reality, probably a world-renowned genius.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X