Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
    Gitek inch? Aveli nakhendreliya es sax xosakcutiunere hayeren linen kante tenank voncen otaryergracinere mer vra xndum. ha mi lav paymaner chen tali siryahayerin. mi kov.ov tun ches kara pahel..sax iranc porere lceluen nayum. Vazgenin inch vor arin sranc petka meke ani.hertov. mi tufta hunanian ho ira dzerov chxpec Vazgenin.et himakva mer sireli ghekavarnernen. yes tarva mec mase aprumem Erevanum muis vaxte drcum. Mi lav vijak chen toghel mer ghekavarnere mer yergrum.baic vochinch mi gij heleluya cranc hartsere lucelu.Angleren grelu mech khntrumem linel mikich kshrvac vor vochmekin arit chtank mer vra khnda!

Spyurkahayeri hamar.
    kidek inch? aveli nakhendreli e lman khosagtsiutiunere hayeren ellan kante nayink inchbes odar yergratsinere mer vra ge khntan. ha lav baymaner chen dargr siryahayerun. meg govov dun ches gernar bahel. amen irents pore letsnelun gnayin. Vazkenin inch vor erin asonts bedke enen.garkov.Barab dagar hunanian ir ujov che vr mertsuts Vazkenin. ad himagva ghegavarnerun kordzne. yes darva medz mase gabrim yerevan muis mnatsadze turse. lav vijag me chen tskadz mer ghegavarutiune mer yergirin mech.vnas che khent me bd yelle asonts hartse verchatsnelu.ankleren kradz adenid kichme ushatir kretsek vor urishnerin arit chi dank mer vra khntalu!

If we are laughable then we are laughable.
    By hiding the reasons for being laughable we do not stop being laughable.

P.S. Your attempt of writing in arvelahyeren yev arevmdhyeren is laughable.
    These days only ignorant thickhead Armenians do not understand each other.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
      Being called "akhbar" doesnt help...
      Is that the top priority issue of the nation?

Every foreigner who lives in Europe ( including Armenians),
      I am sure has had a derogatory remark made at him ( for being a foreigner), far worse than "akhbar".
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
        U love Armenia because u don't live there.
        Once you go there and met the ones that you think are our leaders , you will see that Armenia totally not looks like what you think .
        iam from armenia, i just living in europe last 5 years, and i know whats going on in armenia, who is its leaders, where are they came from....

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          Is that the top priority issue of the nation?

Every foreigner who lives in Europe ( including Armenians),
          I am sure has had a derogatory remark made at him ( for being a foreigner), far worse than "akhbar".
          But this is a country that dares to promote a slogan like "One Nation, One Culture" when a lot of its people (as evidenced here) are being anything but inclusive. And this is an issue of intra-ethnic conflict so it has nothing to do with foreigners in Europe.

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
          iam from armenia, i just living in europe last 5 years, and i know whats going on in armenia, who is its leaders, where are they came from....
          Why don't you get the phuck out of Sweden and go back to Armenia? I'm sure since you know "what's going on," they'll be very good to you!

Federate, it might be worth spinning this discussion off as a separate thread. I don't regret my initial posts because I feel these issues need to be addressed.

Comment

In this turbulent world affected by the economic recession, religious violence and people that are fed and admired mostly with “tangible” assets; like barbeque. “Globalized” people tend to move abroad with hope to acquire wealth and return home for a week to show up his/her “assets” to friends/neighbors; by organizing several “barbeque parties” and telling their friends that they have been working abroad as a president or at least general manager of a company.

This is not only Armenian mentality nowadays; all nations Greeks, Georgians … etc are engaged in this recently.

As refers to life in Armenia; I live there with my family; my three sons work there, are married; I have four grandchildren. They all have decent jobs and I’m satisfied with their achievements (their per month wages range from $800 to $1700). Most of people, who are not that lazy and snobby, in my neighborhood, are employed: I do confess that the salary is not that big but the thing; that they are not called by the other nationalities; գաղթական is a good compensation for me.

I don’t blame people who leave Armenia, most of them move from Armenia with hope to become rich (not for survival), but now it is not realistic, because in the developed country’s there are a lot of poor ones as well, and in this situation the most poorest are the new migrants.

We have good developments in governing recently; now our government officials are full of fear of loosing their positions, a lot of corrupt high ranking officials are detained, under investigation or blamed by mass media means in corruption; that is corruption now is under scrutiny of Armenian civil society.
            Last edited by gegev; 07-22-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
              But this is a country that dares to promote a slogan like "One Nation, One Culture" when a lot of its people (as evidenced here) are being anything but inclusive. And this is an issue of intra-ethnic conflict so it has nothing to do with foreigners in Europe.

I think there are two separate issues.

One is, a corrupt party and Government mismanaging for their own gain the country's governance, simply Corrupt and Incompetent.

The other is coming from, I would say from the ignorant sector of the community trying to elevate their status by denigrating another sector of the community.
              No different than how foreigners are denigrated.
              Admittedly coming from sectors of the same nation.

I would brush such people as ignorant and not dell too long with it.

PS As a new immigrant, to my shock and horror I heard an English classmate call another classmate Scottish bastard.
              It was more shocking to me because ten years before I had seen Scottish and English soldiers abusing local Cypriots like me (in one of their colonies.)

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                In this turbulent world affected by the economic recession, religious violence and people that are fed and admired mostly with “tangible” assets; like barbeque. “Globalized” people tend to move abroad with hope to acquire wealth and return home for a week to show up his/her “assets” to friends/neighbors; by organizing several “barbeque parties” and telling their friends that they have been working abroad as a president or at least general manager of a company.

This is not only Armenian mentality nowadays; all nations Greeks, Georgians … etc are engaged in this recently.

As refers to life in Armenia; I live there with my family; my three sons work there, are married; I have four grandchildren. They all have decent jobs and I’m satisfied with their achievements (their per month wages range from $800 to $1700). Most of people, who are not that lazy and snobby, in my neighborhood, are employed: I do confess that the salary is not that big but the thing; that they are not called by the other nationalities; գաղթական is a good compensation for me.

I don’t blame people who leave Armenia, most of them move from Armenia with hope to become rich (not for survival), but now it is not realistic, because in the developed country’s there are a lot of poor ones as well, and in this situation the most poorest are the new migrants.

We have good developments in governing recently; now our government officials are full of fear of loosing their positions, a lot of corrupt high ranking officials are detained, under investigation or blamed by mass media means in corruption; that is corruption now is under scrutiny of Armenian civil society.
                Thank you very much for that informative post. It was extremely helpful. Great to hear someone's current perspective from yerevan. Please continue to do this in your future posts as it provides invaluable information that most other people here can't provide. Though I've been to Armenia four times, twice for extended stays, and have friends in early 20's who have have moved there, or who were born and raised there, this is a some great insight that I hadn't gotten before. It's great to see a more experienced point of view, from someone whose responsible for a family, etc.

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
                Aper don't take this personally, but that doesn't say much, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're about 17 or 18. Meaning your "life experience" and "expertise" in Armenian daily life is from the point of view of a 12 year old. Anything you might know about Armenia, is not more than everyone else here. And knowing, and thinking about it in theory and idealistically from 3,000 km away is far different than living in the harsh realities.

Don't criticize people who have gone and tried to make something out of just about nothing in Artsakh, people who just lost their life savings and life's worth of work, and maybe even family members, in a war.

You're a teenager with just about zero responsibilities in life living comfortably in one of the world's most advanced countries, and you're passing judgement on someone who has just lost everything, trying to rebuild his life with nothing, in a weak economy, while keeping together a family.

several of my aforementioned friends who have moved to Armenia are Aleppo Armenians.
                Last edited by Mher; 07-22-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev
                  Fear? They still can do what they want .
                  They can beat journalist , even kill opposition, mayors , and get away with it ... As long as the justice and police is corrupt , nothing will go forward. We should act radically , and not step-by-step .
                  Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  Aper don't take this personally, but that doesn't say much, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're about 17 or 18. Meaning your "life experience" and "expertise" in Armenian daily life is from the point of view of a 12 year old. Anything you might know about Armenia, is not more than everyone else here. And knowing, and thinking about it in theory and idealistically from 3,000 km away is far different than living in the harsh realities.

Don't criticize people who have gone and tried to make something out of just about nothing in Artsakh, people who just lost their life savings and life's worth of work, and maybe even family members, in a war.

You're a teenager with just about zero responsibilities in life living comfortably in one of the world's most advanced countries, and you're passing judgement on someone who has just lost everything, trying to rebuild his life with nothing, in a weak economy, while keeping together a family.

several of my aforementioned friends who have moved to Armenia are Aleppo Armenians.
                  You are right ! Some here think that war is just something that will come and go come and go ... but it's the worst thing that can happen in every country. But , the Syrian-Armenians aren't afraid of the war since their love for THEIR homeland is so strong. Why they want to move out of Armenia ? Simply because in Syria , 99% of them had good jobs , stores , bussinesses , ... and had a very good life. Poverty was allmost non-existent by the Armenians . And 99% that come to Armenia have knowledge of a job , if it is in gold , in diamont , in cars , ... they all know something but can't find a job to work . And if you can't find a job and pay your childrens food ...

Comment

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

This is for Sweden-based HyeFighter2.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post

Agree 100%.
                      It will take time for people to realise how much soviet system destroyed people's drive to create with patience and work ethics.
                      Most of all the ethics of people's interactions within...

Comment

Working...
                      X