Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    and talking about how quickly alliances can crumble:

Meh. Israel is still selling the Turks UAV drones under the whole drama.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      There's more than that actually. Tons of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians work in Dubai as engineers and in banking. I assume there is a Hayastantsi presence there now too because of all the newly established flights to Dubai (and for the right reasons). Internationally wanted criminal Vano Siradeghyan is reportedly hiding in Dubai too .
      Well I was referring more to the armenian sex workers there that are forced to work.

BTW, about Jordan. They are making a lot of deals with Azerbaijan these days so I think we can safely say "f*ck Jordan" for now

Honestly I won't be surprised if all countries make deals with Azerbaijan. Answer this question. You are a some country who has not particular attachment to either Azerbaijan or Armenia. Now Azeris have oil, gas, access to caspian sea, while Armenians don't. Won't you try to get on Azeris' good side instead of Armenians'?

No, Albania doesn't support us (at least publicly) for a few reasons. They use the argument internationally that Kosovo is an independent state and not part of Albania so it is not their affairs. Then they claim that Kosovo is a unique case in the world which is an argument that is spewed by the NATO butchers constantly. And finally, they don't want to upset relations with Turkey and Azerbaijan. The last point briefly took a hit a few years back with the Albanian arms shipment and I think things are going to get worse with Azerbaijan voting pro-Serbia in the UN these days. None of this is an excuse of course, just explaining why I think they do not support Armenia publicly.
      I see, they have asked us a few times to recognise Kosovo also. Even if our political goals don't exactly align, we are still much closer with Greece-Serbia-Cyprus than Albania. Especially with Cyprus and Greece - our historic friends which we should always remain close with. I think we should intensify our military cooperation with Greece and Cyprus.

Meh. Israel is still selling the Turks UAV drones under the whole drama.
      Maybe so, but Israelis now hate Turkey, and Turks hate Israel back, and I doubt relations will ever get better. Just an example of how quickly an alliance can crumble. I believe in a short amount of time, Israel will stop even selling such drones.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Honestly I won't be surprised if all countries make deals with Azerbaijan. Answer this question. You are a some country who has not particular attachment to either Azerbaijan or Armenia. Now Azeris have oil, gas, access to caspian sea, while Armenians don't. Won't you try to get on Azeris' good side instead of Armenians'?
        You try to milk both countries as much as you can. You declare that negotiations must take place to solve the NK conflict peacefully. Every now and then, an ambassador of your country to Azerbaijan makes a pro-Azeri statement and every now and then, an ambassador to your country to Armenia makes a pro-Armenia statement. Both sides are satisfied now and then, without your highest ranking official taking a side and therefore maximising your gain from both countries. An exception to the above strategy is Pakistan yet despite their hardline stance, there is no indication that their material gain from Azerbaijan is more than any other country doing business with it.

I think being on one's good side doesn't necessarily mean you have to be on bad terms with the other. Azeris will gladly sell you oil as long as you are not pro-Armenian per se.

I see, they have asked us a few times to recognise Kosovo also. Even if our political goals don't exactly align, we are still much closer with Greece-Serbia-Cyprus than Albania. Especially with Cyprus and Greece - our historic friends which we should always remain close with. I think we should intensify our military cooperation with Greece and Cyprus.
        Համաձայն եմ։ Հատկապես Հունասնտանի հետ պետք է ռազմական փորձեր անենք։

Maybe so, but Israelis now hate Turkey, and Turks hate Israel back, and I doubt relations will ever get better. Just an example of how quickly an alliance can crumble. I believe in a short amount of time, Israel will stop even selling such drones.
        I'd say majority of Turks have always hated Israel. Their leadership does not reflect their society's views. Majority of Turks dislike USA as well.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Well I take issue because first off I don't sympathise with the Nazis nor am I anti-Semitic or an Islamaphobe.
          Do you know why the Pakistani Minister of Minorities was killed recently?
          If yes: why are you that neutral/fond of Islam?

Wasif Ali Khan, a friend of Shahbaz Bhatti looks at the bullet-riddled window of car while he mourns outside a local...

SLAMABAD: Gunmen shot and killed Pakistan’s government minister for religious minorities on Wednesday, the latest attack on a high-profile Pakistani figure who had urged reforming harsh blasphemy laws that impose the death penalty for insulting Islam.
          They kill the insulter by stoning. Do you love it?
          Can you name any other religion that does it, too?
          Last edited by gegev; 03-02-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Well, I can understand them not wanting a Muslim immigrant overload, but I believe going and insulting Islam is going a bit to far. Same with some of their statements regarding Nazis which was over the line. Actually, when the right wing party formed a coalition with the main party, Israel and US recalled their ambassadors, and other EU countries refused to talk with any Austrian official. It was a rather big scandal.
            Sometimes it is good to fight fire with fire.

Of course the us would take 'offense' and recall its ambassador, what ethnic lobby has Washington by the balls?
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              I think being on one's good side doesn't necessarily mean you have to be on bad terms with the other. Azeris will gladly sell you oil as long as you are not pro-Armenian per se.
              Yeah I guess so. Though, what would be the point in having good relations with us?

Համաձայն եմ։ Հատկապես Հունասնտանի հետ պետք է ռազմական փորձեր անենք։
              Պետք է միշտ հիշենք հույների պատմությունը թուրքերի հետ ու դրանով մեր հարաբերություները ամրապնդենք: Կիպրոսի հետ էլ արժի ռազմական հարաբերություները զարգացնել. իրանք ավելի լարված են թուրքերի հետ:

I'd say majority of Turks have always hated Israel. Their leadership does not reflect their society's views. Majority of Turks dislike USA as well.
              It's funny - the people of US's closest allies usually hate US.

Originally posted by gegev View Post
              Do you know why the Pakistani Minister of Minorities was killed recently?
              If yes: why are you that neutral/fond of Islam?
              I just don't think there should be generalisations made for Muslims. I know there are idiot, fanatical Muslims, but there are also decent Muslims. I am not very fond of the Islamic sharia law or the Islamic states, and several aspects of the Islamic ideology I find disturbing - but even with that I don't believe all Muslims are bad.

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              Sometimes it is good to fight fire with fire.

Of course the us would take 'offense' and recall its ambassador, what ethnic lobby has Washington by the balls?
              Well last time I checked it's called "United States of Israel"

I hate the whole political correctness thing to, but when it comes to Nazis or genocides I think there is a fine limit there.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I just don't think there should be generalisations made for Muslims. I know there are idiot, fanatical Muslims, but there are also decent Muslims. I am not very fond of the Islamic sharia law or the Islamic states, and several aspects of the Islamic ideology I find disturbing - but even with that I don't believe all Muslims are bad.
                99% of Muslims read/learn the same Koran with the same Sharia laws, the difference is that some states don't allow implementing all the laws. Did you develop new/adjusted Koran for the good Muslims?
                Last edited by gegev; 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

99% of Muslims read/learn the same Koran with the same Sharia laws, the difference is that some states don't allow implementing all the laws. Did you develop new/adjusted Koran for the good Muslims?
                  It depends on how one interprets the Koran. The more moderate ones don't follow the Koran word by word, the danger lies in the extremist ones that interpret the Koran literally and apply it to all aspects of life. So 99% may read the same Koran, but that doesn't mean 99% interpret and use the Koran the same way.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

It depends on how one interprets the Koran. The more moderate ones don't follow the Koran word by word, the danger lies in the extremist ones that interpret the Koran literally and apply it to all aspects of life. So 99% may read the same Koran, but that doesn't mean 99% interpret and use the Koran the same way.
                    I love you interpretation. You could interpret stoning as a pleasant procedure; I'm ready to undergo stoning with your interpretation.

Comment

I love you interpretation. You could interpret stoning as a pleasant procedure; I'm ready to undergo stoning with your interpretation.
                      I didn't say that such interpretation is correct. All I'm saying is that the moderates would reject something like stoning as a barbaric act, while the more faithful ones may not.

Are you familiar with Geert Wilders?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X