Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are you okay with Gay Armenians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you okay with Gay Armenians?

Originally posted by levon View Post
    You know, that's a straw-man argument. Also, the law didn't ban being homosexual, but acting openly gay. No court of law can prove a man is homosexual unless he's openly gay. Thus, you're
    again dancing around the question. Btw, a man with 6 fingers can always have one cut-off if he wanted to feel normal.
    No, it was decriminalising intercourse between two men. Intercourse to my knowledge isn't done in the streets. If you are homosexual, you will engage in such activity.

Furthermore, before you respond without knowing anything I advise you do a quick google search, as you're starting to be more and more full of BS.
    Read this Gay Men 44 Times More Likely To Get HIV

And, Africa is a different story. Just do a quick google search.
    Without knowledge? Your the one who was saying "getting AIDS". You can't get aids, you get HIV virus, which eventually progresses to AIDS. If you had some knowledge of it you would not make that elementary mistake. Second off, all I was saying is that one can get HIV virus from numerous sources not just anal sex. So straight men have gotten it, women, by doing non-homsexual activities. Now of course Gay men are much more likely to get the virus, but that doesn't mean non-Gay men don't also get it.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      No, it was decriminalising intercourse between two men. Intercourse to my knowledge isn't done in the streets. If you are homosexual, you will engage in such activity.
      That's called being gay.

Without knowledge? Your the one who was saying "getting AIDS". You can't get aids, you get HIV virus, which eventually progresses to AIDS.
      Ok, boss. Read my post over again. I claimed gay men have the highest risk for AIDS, you said it's higher but not enough to make a difference.

If you had some knowledge of it you would not make that elementary mistake.
      Ok, boss. Btw, decriminalising is spelled decriminalizing . If you can't use the spell-checker, or don't understand that when a word has a red squiggly underline, it means the word is misspelled, then I suggest you don't accuse others of making imaginary mistakes. The HIV->AIDS is irrelevant. The end-result is AIDS and that's what matters.

Second off, all I was saying is that one can get HIV virus from numerous sources not just anal sex. So straight men have gotten it, women, by doing non-homsexual activities. Now of course Gay men are much more likely to get the virus, but that doesn't mean non-Gay men don't also get it.
      Yes, but Gay men are 44 times more likely to get it. That alone makes the life-style detrimental to those who practice it.

Comment

That's called being gay.
        So people with homosexual orientations won't have such sex, but people that are gay will?

Ok, boss. Read my post over again. I claimed gay men have the highest risk for AIDS, you said it's higher but not enough to make a difference.
        What I'm saying is that the reason that it's higher among Gay men is because of the type of sexual activity that they engage in.

Ok, boss. Btw, decriminalising is spelled decriminalizing .
        If you can't use the spell-checker, or don't understand that when a word has a red squiggly underline, it means the word is misspelled, then I suggest you don't accuse others of making imaginary mistakes.
        I use British not American spelling, any more lame insults want to throw at me? Stick to the argument stop with your pointless character assassinations.

The HIV->AIDS is irrelevant. The end-result is AIDS and that's what matters

That distinction is very important, at least in the medical world.

Yes, but Gay men are 44 times more likely to get it. That alone makes the life-style detrimental to those who practice it.
        If you use protection your risk of getting infected is very low.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

So people with homosexual orientations won't have such sex, but people that are gay will?
          I don't know, care to enlighten us, since you have so much insight.

What I'm saying is that the reason that it's higher among Gay men is because of the type of sexual activity that they engage in.
          Exactly. Straight men don't, thus engaging in the gay life-style, as opposed to the straight life-style places one at a much higher risk at getting HIV->AIDS.

I use British not American spelling, any more lame insults want to throw at me? Stick to the argument stop with your pointless character assassinations.
          No, you do plenty on your own. To have your character assassinated you'd have to have a character first. So far, your views change from one podium to the other, I guess depending on who's influencing you.

That distinction is very important, at least in the medical world.
          No it's not. The end-result is the same, you get to AIDS then you die.

If you use protection your risk of getting infected is very low.
          Read the article, first, then make an idiot out-of yourself later.

Here, I'll make it easy for you.
          The data, which identified MSM as men who have engaged sexually with another man within the last five years, revealed that MSM are over 44 times more likely than other men to contract HIV, and over 40 times more likely than women to contract HIV. Further, MSM were over 46 times more likely to contract syphilis than other men, and over 71 times more likely than women to contract syphilis.
          However, research shows that most gay men practice safer sex, and gay male couples are twice as likely as heterosexual couples to practice safer sex.
          So, since you're a statistics major, answer me this. What's the statistical significance of the following. Gay men are twice as likely to practice safe sex, but are 44 times more likely to contract HIV?

Comment

I don't know, care to enlighten us, since you have so much insight.
            You're the one who was saying there is difference between Gays and homosexuals.

No, you do plenty on your own. To have your character assassinated you'd have to have a character first. So far, your views change from one podium to the other, I guess depending on who's influencing you.
            Who the hell are you to know my character? You just embarrassed yourself by going on about me not using a spell checker, which just reveal more you ignorance on basic knowledge - in this case languages. Again, it's a sign of true weakness when you have to use insults in all your arguments to make your point. I find your attempts at pathetic insults over small things funny, so carry on

No it's not. The end-result is the same, you get to AIDS then you die.
            Again, there's a reason a distinction is made in the medical world. You want to reject the norms of medical practice, fine.

So, since you're a statistics major, answer me this. What's the statistical significance of the following. Gay men are twice as likely to practice safe sex, but are 44 times more likely to contract HIV?
            Gay men engage in anal sex which is very high risk for hiv infection. Meaning, the gay people who don't use safe sex have a much higher chance of getting the hiv infection, close to certain, given one of individuals is infected. So really it's the high risk of hiv infection from anal sex overriding the prevalent use of safe sex among gay men. So it's the gay people who don't use safe sex that ruin this statistic, as their chances of getting infected are tremendously high.
            Last edited by Mos; 02-25-2011, 01:28 AM.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

Who the hell are you to know my character?
              There is nothing to know. You're just a kid.

You just embarrassed yourself by going on about me not using a spell checker, which just reveal more you ignorance on basic knowledge - in this case languages.
              Tell me, since you're language skills are so great, is it also the British spelling when you say "about me not using a spell checker" rather than "about my not using a spell checker", ...?

Again, it's a sign of true weakness when you have to use insults in all your arguments to make your point. I find your attempts at pathetic insults over small things funny, so carry on
              Wow, true sign of weakness. I'm impressed. I must be so weak to try to insult poor little oppressed Mos. All he is doing is trying to be the savior for the homos, but big mean Levon keeps insulting him. He must be truly weak to pick on good-ol Mos.

Gay men engage in anal sex which is very high risk for hiv infection. Meaning, the gay people who don't use safe sex have a much higher chance of getting the hiv infection, close to certain, given one of individuals is infected. So really it's the high risk of hiv infection from anal sex overriding the prevalent use of safe sex among gay men. So it's the gay people who don't use safe sex that ruin this statistic, as their chances of getting infected are tremendously high.
              Prove it (the bold part). Furthermore, looks like you agree with my previous statement that the gay life-style is much more dangerous than the straight one.

Comment

No, it's not a different story. Most people who get aids, get it through the back door. Also, the origins of the virus are not known, africa is just a theory.
                But, you still haven't answered my question. Why is it good that the law as been removed.
                I'm more partial to the theory that the primary mode of transfer was from infected needles. AIDS didn't originate in Africa, it was found to be spreading simultaneously in Africa and Haiti which leads some professionals to believe that it was spread through contaminated vaccines which western doctors were administering to the local populations.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

There is nothing to know. You're just a kid.
                  You done with your BS?

Tell me, since you're language skills are so great, is it also the British spelling when you say "about me not using a spell checker" rather than "about my not using a spell checker", ...?
                  Are you now going to start analysing each bit of my grammar? You're the one you began to unknowingly commenting on my spelling, just stop digging yourself into a bigger hole.

Wow, true sign of weakness. I'm impressed. I must be so weak to try to insult poor little oppressed Mos. All he is doing is trying to be the savior for the homos, but big mean Levon keeps insulting him. He must be truly weak to pick on good-ol Mos.
                  Saviour for my homos? What here have I said that is so pro-gay? Honestly, I could care less about gay people and their rights.

Prove it (the bold part). Furthermore, looks like you agree with my previous statement that the gay life-style is much more dangerous than the straight one.
                  What I agree with and I never denied this, is that getting hiv from anal sex is much more easier. It's a fact that anal sex poses the most risk to such infection. So what is gay lifestyle? Well in sexual terms it's anal sex. So the gays who don't use safe sex and thus are doing anal sex will most certainly get hiv, while straight people doing sex with no safety have much, much lower chance of getting it in comparison to the gays without safety. All you need here to prove my statement is the assumption that anal sex poses a very high risk to hiv infection, which is medically proven. So it is this heavy difference between the risks of getting hiv in anal and vaginal sex that make this statistic possible, and makes it possible that even if gays by percentage use safer sex more frequently their infection rates will still be higher. It's a simple inference.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Are you now going to start analysing each bit of my grammar? You're the one you began to unknowingly commenting on my spelling, just stop digging yourself into a bigger hole.
                    Learn to spell correctly. Your spelling errors speak tons about your [lack of] credibility.
                    Also, how does one unknowingly comment on spelling?

Saviour for my homos? What here have I said that is so pro-gay? Honestly, I could care less about gay people and their rights.
                    Here you go.
                    yeah of course. But being gay shouldn't be a criminal offence either so it was good it was decriminalised.
                    Sounds pro-gay to me.

Comment

Learn to spell correctly. Your spelling errors speak tons about your [lack of] credibility.
                      Also, how does one unknowingly comment on spelling?
                      It's really pathetic that you are attacking my language skills as a means to undermine my argument, when you yourself didn't know the difference between British and American spelling. You're some how trying to make up for that embarrassing error by trying to find mistakes in my writing. Just let it go, you're making it worse for yourself.

Here you go.

Sounds pro-gay to me.
                      So saying that Gays shouldn't be criminalised and thrown in jail is pro-gay all of a sudden?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X